Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Miri Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
We got to the airport at around 2am only to find the nice, new, clean, modern airport locked up with the lights out. Good thing we brought mats and mosquito spray, as we ended up camping outside the front gates. – Eracy
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Miri Airport.
What to Expect
- A bi-level, single-terminal international airport with clean and comfortable facilities, friendly staff and a wide variety of shopping and dining options.
- Air-conditioning can make the terminal quite chilly inside, so have a sweater or jacket handy to keep warm!
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted in this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Miri Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Telang Usan Hotel – (2 minute walk from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Miri Trail Guesthouse – (2 minute walk from the airport) Dorm rooms available. No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Merdeka Suite Hotel – (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels snear Miri Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi available at Miri Airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Location: unknown.
Duty Free & Shopping – A Duty Free shop is available along with a few other small stores.
Food & Drinks – There does not appear to be any 24 hour operations. There is a food court with restaurants and at least 1 coffee shop.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Pharmacy – Yes available. Location and hours are not known.
Prayer Room – There is a prayer room and a mosque available at the airport.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Showers can be found inside the lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
According to a reviewer, the airport closes at night. Sleeping in the airport is not possible.
As of February 2018, Miri airport is served by the following airlines: AirAsia • Malaysia Airlines • Singapore Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.