Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our N’djamena Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
The one toilet that did work was filthy from people washing their feet in the toilet bowl. – M. Davy
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at N’djamena International Airport.
What to Expect
- In March 2015, one reviewer commented “There is no terminal and no facilities. It looks like the old building may have been torn down or bombed. There may be construction going on but it is hard to tell. “
- Crowds can get aggressive, so you need to stand your ground.
- The immigration counter is described as an “immigration officer using a laptop on top of crates”.
Where to Sleep
- We have not received any reviews from travellers who attempted to sleep in N’djamena Airport. Write a review to help future travellers.
- There are no hotels at the airport, but there are nearby hotels that provide an airport shuttle. See Airport Hotels below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If sleeping in N’djamena Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Ledger Plaza N’Djamena – (10 minutes from the airport) An expensive option, but possibly the best option in a location with lack of good choices. Free 24-hour airport pick-up via hotel shuttle. » Check Rates
- Mercure Hotel du Chari – (10 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hour airport pick-up via hotel shuttle. » Check Rates
- Hotel La Residence – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near N’Djamena Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to [email protected] and we will update this airport guide.
As of February 2018, N’djamena airport is served by the following airlines: Air France • Royal Air Maroc • EgyptAir • Ethiopian Airlines • Turkish Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Taxis are available at the airport. At the time of this December 2017 update, a taxi from the airport to the city center will cost approximately 5000 Chad.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.