Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Nuku Hiva Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
this place was very comfortable and the security guard even rounded up a few blankets for my girlfriend and I! – Mark and Heather
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Nuku Hiva Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny remote airstrip with just the bare minimum amenities.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If sleeping in Nuku Hiva Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Pension Koku’u – (45 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are 3500 CFP (about $34 USD) per person. » Check Rates
- Keikahanui Pearl Lodge– (45 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel ($). » Check Rates
- Pension Moana Nui – (45 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel ($). » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Nuku Hiva Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
information not available
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Because the airport has no runway lights, its opening hours depend on the sunrise and sunset.
As of February 2018, Nuku Hiva airport is served by the following airlines: Air France • American Airlines • Air Tahiti.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Local hotels offer shuttle service to and from the airport. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details.
There are no taxis or public transportation in this area, so you will need to make arrangements for pickup, prior to arrival.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected]