Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Ottawa Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Found these fantastic level, flat leather benches that — believe it or not — looked more like mattresses than seating. The best bedding I’ve ever had in an airport. – Ray
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us about their time at Ottawa Airport.
What to Expect
Ottawa Airport consists of a single terminal, spread over three levels. Travellers here appreciate the efficient security lines and free WiFi. A few restaurants and shops will help you pass the time, and one eatery stays open 24 hours in the pre-Secure area. A couple airport lounges serve up additional creature comforts for travellers willing to pay the entry fee. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
Because security checkpoints close nightly, all overnight campers are restricted to staying in the pre-Secure landside areas until the early morning. Travellers recommend grabbing a couch by the windows, as long as you’re there early enough. Do bring along earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones, as airport noise is common. Explore our guide to sleeping in Ottawa Airport or read some traveller reviews for more tips. Prefer an uninterrupted night of sleep? Several hotels near the airport offer free shuttle service. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Porter Lounge – Location: Level 2, Domestic & International Terminal. Lounge Access: open to all passengers flying on Porter Airlines, as well as select Air Canada customers and Star Alliance Gold cardholders.
If sleeping in Ottawa Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hilton Garden Inn Ottawa Airport
(3 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available from 4:00AM to 12:30AM. » Check Rates
- Days Inn Ottawa Airport
(4 minutes from the airport) Free shuttle service to the airport and Ernst & Young Centre available daily from 4:00AM to Midnight. » Check Rates
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ottawa Airport
(4 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle available daily from 5:00AM to 11:00PM (weekdays) and 6:00AM to 11:00PM (weekends). » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Ottawa Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Ottawa Airport.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – Feed and change your baby in comfort and privacy in one of the airport’s Breastfeeding Rooms. Changing table and rocking chair are available. Locations: US Flights, airside, Level 2 • Can/Intl Flights, airside, Level 2, domestic/intl holdroom near Gates 14 and 18 • Arrivals Hall, landside, Level 1, opposite the chapel. Hours: All Breastfeeding Rooms are accessible 24 hours a day.
- Child Care Rooms – Most restrooms in the terminal have adjacent nursing rooms.
- Children’s Play Areas – Location: Near gate 19, domestic/international holdroom.
Food & Drinks
- Drinking Water – Thirsty? Water fountains and water bottle filling stations can be found both Landside and Airside.
- Food & Drinks – Most food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours: Tim Horton’s (Arrivals, landside, Level 1).
- Information Desk – An Information Booth can be found Landside in the Arrivals Area. Hours: unknown.
- Baggage Carts – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts are available free of charge.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Both luggage storage and coat check service are available in the Baggage Storage room. Luggage Storage Rates: $5.00/day • $8.00/overnight • $30.00/week • $60.00/month. Winter coat/boot storage is also available and storage spaces are big enough to store belongings of 2-4 passengers. Coat/boot Check Rates: $30.00/week or $60.00/month. Location: Arrivals Hall, landside, Level 1. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Luggage Wrapping – Safe Bag offers a luggage wrapping service for a small fee. Location: Level 3, landside. Hours: 12:P0AM – 8:00PM.
- Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside on Levels 1 and 3 • Airside on Level 2 (Can/Intl).
- Currency Exchange – ICE (International Currency Exchange) has kiosks in these locations: US Flights, Airside, Level 2. Hours: 5:00AM – 7:00PM (Mon-Fri) 5:00AM – 5:00PM (Sat & Sun) • Arrivals Hall, Landside, Level 1. Hours: 9:00AM – 12:00AM • Can/Intl Flights, Airside, Level 2 (opposite Gate 15). Hours: 5:00AM – 9:00PM (Mon-Fri) 5:00AM – 7:00PM (Sat & Sun).
- Chapel – An interfaith chapel is available landside on Level 1. Hours: 6:00AM – 9:00PM.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – There are a small number of rocking chairs available near the gates.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is offered airside in Can/Int’l Departures (near Gate 15 – open 3 hours before flight departure) and US Departures (near Gate 12 – open 1 hour before flight departure).
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Not available.
Things to do & see
- Observation Deck – Relax and watch planes taking off and landing from the vantage point of the airport’s observation deck. Location: Landside, Level 3.
Other Airport Services & Facilities
- Shoe Shine – Location: Can/Intl Flights, airside, by Gate 15. Hours: 7:00AM – 5:00PM.
The airport is open 24 hours. However, the security screening checkpoint hours are 4:00AM – last flight for Domestic & International departures (May – November) and 3:00AM – last flight (November – April). For transborder departures, the security checkpoint opens at 4:30AM year round.
As of March 2018, Ottawa airport is served by the following airlines: Air Canada • Air North • Air Transat • American Airlines • Canadian North • Delta • First Air • Porter Airlines • Sunwing Airlines • United Airlines • WestJet.
Ottawa Airport is served by OC Transpo public bus Route 97, which travels between the airport and Bells Corner/Bayshore, with stops along the way in downtown Centre-Ville and South Keys. Buses depart daily, as frequently as every 10 minutes and stop on Level 1 (Arrivals) Pillar 14 at the airport. At the time of this update, a single-ride bus ticket costs CA$3.55. For timetables, fares and route map, visit the OC Transpo website.
Onsite car rental agencies include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and National.
Several area hotels offer free airport shuttle service as a convenience for their guests. Contact your hotel of choice for shuttle service availability and information. Here are a few hotels that offer airport shuttle: Days Inn Ottawa Airport • Hampton Inn by Hilton Ottawa Airport • Hilton Garden Inn Ottawa Airport • Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ottawa Airport • Ramada Ottawa On The Rideau • Southway Hotel.
All licensed taxis, limousines and shuttles operate from Level 1 (Arrivals).
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.