Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I asked security if its ok to sleep here and they welcomed me warmly. They said that I should just find some isolated corner and I could sleep on the floor in my sleeping bag. I slept next to a huge window and what can I say… Better than the hostels. 😀 -kekkosen
CDG Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (code: CDG).
What to Expect
As one of the world’s busiest airports, Paris CDG Airport is large and notorious for its confusing layout, so be prepared to walk a lot. The airport has three terminals (1, 2, and 3). Terminal 2 is the trickiest to navigate, thanks to eight separate satellite terminals. Your experience will vary greatly depending on your terminal and concourse hall. For instance, travellers agree that the new part of Terminal 2E is an airport highlight, but the facilities in Terminal 1 are old and need renovating (or a complete demolition, depending who you ask).
You’ll find a bevvy of shops, cafes, and restaurants, though everything closes by 11:30 PM, so purchase midnight snacks ahead of time. A few features travellers appreciate are the free WiFi and free mobile charging boxes. Economy Class travellers who want to upgrade their layover can pay to enter several airport lounges, a few of which have shower facilities. See Airport Lounges in the guide below for locations and rates.
Sleeping in Paris CDG Airport
As a major international airport, you won’t be the only one camping out overnight. In general, travellers report feeling safe, but homeless people do wander the pre-Secure areas at night. Consider asking a security guard the best place to rest – it may be wiser to choose an open area instead of a private corner. If you’re already inside Security, head to Terminals 2A and 2E for comfortable seating, but do bring layers as cold temps and bright lights are common complaints. Explore our guide to sleeping in Paris CDG Airport or read some traveller airport reviews for more tips. For uninterrupted sleep, check out the sleep cabins in Terminal 2E or head to several on-site or nearby hotels. See our Airport Hotels section below for locations.
Some airport reviews and tips in this guide and elsewhere on the site were written before March 2020 and may no longer be valid. To help us keep this guide up-to-date, you can add or update information or write a review to submit airport tips and photos.
For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Paris Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. For more information on Europe’s Schengen Area, click here.
Paris Airport Hotels
- Nearest Hotel: Inside the Airport
- Sleep Cabins or Pods: Yes
- Day Rooms: Yes
- Nearby Hotels with Free Shuttles: Yes
If sleeping in the airport sounds like a nightmare, there is a hotel inside CDG airport and several hotels on airport grounds. The YotelAir is the only transit hotel at Paris Airport and it is also the only airport hotel with hourly rates available. There are more hotels on airport grounds that are either connected to the airport or accessible by way of a free hotel shuttle or the CDGVAL Train. Some of these on and off-site hotels at CDG offer day rooms, but if you are a transit passenger, you will need to pass through security.
With Covid restrictions constantly changing, we recommend that you confirm shuttle availability prior to booking and/or prior to your arrival.
Hotel inside CDG AirportIn Transit YOTELAIR Paris Charles de Gaulle – The YotelAir offers 80 rooms/cabins that can be rented by the hour or for a full night. Rates from € 82-95 for 4 hours (depending on month). Cabins have a private shower. They also offer shower-only packages for people who only want to freshen up (20€ single use for 30 minutes or 30€ for 45 double use for minutes). Location: Terminal 2E, Satellite L, Airside. This location can only be accessed by passengers with a departing international flight outside of the European Union (with the exception of the United Kingdom) from Terminal 2E, K, L, M or passengers that are in transit to or from an international flight outside of the European Union from Terminal 2E, K, L, M. Overnight rates from 6:00PM – 9:00AM can be pre-booked. » Check Rates
More hotels at Paris Airport
Ibis Paris Airport – (2 minute walk from Terminal 3) A budget hotel located opposite Terminal 3 at the RER Roissy 1 exit. From Terminals 1 & 2, take the CDGVAL free automatic metro to the Terminal 3 (Roissypôle) stop. The free metro runs every 4 minutes from 4:30AM – 1:00AM and every 20 minutes from 1:00AM – 4:30AM. » Check Rates
CitizenM – (5 minute walking distance to Terminal 3). From Terminal 1 or 2, you can take the free CDGVAL shuttle to Terminal 3 (Roissypôle) and walk to from there. » Check Rates
Hilton Charles de Gaulle Airport – (5 minute walk from Terminal 3) Day rooms are available between the hours 9:00AM – 6:00PM. From T1: Take the free CDGVAL high-speed train which runs every 4 minutes, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (free of charge) and stop at T3/Roissypole. Free shuttle from Terminal 2 (Shuttle Hours: every 20 minutes 6:00AM – 11:30PM and on request during unscheduled hours). » Check Rates
Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel – (2 minute walk from Terminal 2) Located in Terminal 2 across from the RER Station. The hotel is just steps away from the CDG VAL, a free automatic shuttle service which links the three airport terminals. Day rooms are available 8:00AM to 6:00PM. » Check Rates
Novotel CDG Terminal – (2 minute walk from Terminal 3) From terminals 1 and 2: Take the CDGVAL free automatic metro, Roissypôle stop, hotel entrance in the RER train station. From terminal 3: Follow signs for Gare RER (2 minute walk), hotel entrance in the RER train station. Day rooms are available from 8:00AM – 8:00PM. » Check Rates
For more options, visit Tripadvisor to see a list of hotels near CDG Airport that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Icare Lounge – Location: Terminal 1, Airside, International Departures. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs.
Star Alliance Lounge – Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Level 11. Schengen Flights only. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge – Location: Terminal 2A, Airside, near Gates A37-39. Lounge Access: Purchase at time online check-in • Lounge membership programs.
American Airlines Admirals Club – Location: Terminal 2A. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door with proof of American Airlines ticket • Lounge membership programs.Passes Yotel Lounge – Location: Terminal 2E, Airside, Non-Schengen departing and transit passengers only. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge pass • Lounge membership programs.
If you are a First or Business Class traveller you may have access to the lounges listed below. For more information, check the airline’s website.
- Terminal 1: Galaxy Lounge (Airside) • Lufthansa Business Lounge • SAS Lounge (Airside) • Star Alliance (Airside)
- Terminal 2A-2C: Etihad Airways First & Business Class Lounge (Airside) • The Emirates Lounge (Airside) • El Al Israel Lounge (Airside) • Cathay Pacific First & Business Class Lounge (Airside).
- Terminal 2C: Air France The Arrivals Lounge (Landside).
- Terminal 2E: Air France La Premiere Lounge (Airside) • Air France (Concourse L) Lounge (Airside) • Air France (Concourse K) Lounge (Airside) • Air France (Concourse M) Lounge (Airside).
- Terminal 2F: Air France Lounge (Pier F1, Airside) • Air France Lounge (Pier F2, Airside).
- Terminal 2G: Air France Lounge (Airside).
Related Pages: Paris Airport Lounges
Unlimited free WiFi is available at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport. Just connect to either the “WIFI-AIRPORT” or “WIFI-AIRPORT-STANDARD” network. Members of the “My Paris Aéroport” can access the “WIFI-LOYALTY-PROGRAM” network. Additionally, there are also two interruption-free premium WiFi services at CDG:
- Faster: 4x faster than the standard free WiFi. The rate is € 2.90 for 20 min. or € 5.90 for 60 minutes.
- Stronger: 10x faster than the standard free WiFi. The rate is € 9.90 for 24 hours, and you can connect up to five WiFi devices.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- Workstations – Equipped with an electric socket to plug in your portable computer, the business workstations are designed for you to make the most of your waiting time. Locations: Terminal 1, airside, in the boarding lounges • Terminal 2D, airside, near gate D55 • Terminal 2EF, landside and airside, in the boarding lounges • Terminal 2G, airside.
- Postal Services – Drop off your last minute postcards, buy stamps and more at the airport’s Post Office. Location: Terminal 2E, SNCF-TGV station, Arrivals level. Hours: 9:00AM – 12:00PM. Mailboxes are available in each terminal before and after security. Hours: 24 hours.
- SIM Cards – A reader has asked us to include where to buy SIM Cards. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – Sanitary changing tables and children’s toilets are available in the colorful baby care areas, located landside and airside in all the airport restrooms on the Departures and Arrivals levels.
- Children’s Play Areas – Colorful play areas featuring Gulli network TV programs and games are available in these locations: Terminal 2C, airside, Departures lounge • Terminal 2F, airside, Departures lounge • Terminal 2D, airside, Departures lounge. For children ages 4 to 10 years, Disney-themed play areas are available, featuring interactive toys, games and a TV corner with Disney shows and soft puffy seating. Locations: A Cars-themed play area is in T2E, and two Cars/Princesses play areas are available in the Satellite 4 (S4) terminal.
- Games – Playstation gaming areas and multi-touch games carousel tables can be found airside in these locations: Terminal 2A (Gate 39) • Terminal 2B (Gates D40, B26, B22) • Terminal 2C (Gate 82, 88) • Terminal 2E (Gates F21, F23, F29, F32, K36, K41, K43, K49, L32, M25, M27, M29) • Terminal 2F (Gates F21, F23, F29, F32) • Terminal 3 (International Gates).
- Strollers – Strollers are available for use, free of charge, airside in Terminal 2E. Pick one up at one of two Pushchair Stations, located just after the security checkpoint, and leave it at the boarding gate when you depart for your flight.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules, with some open as early as 4:00AM and closed as late as 11:30PM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Some of the dining options include: Boco • Brioche Doree • Costa Coffee • Eric Kayser • Espressamente illy • Exki • McDonald’s • Naked • Pret a Manger • Red d’Hippo • Starbucks • Zumo. The Marks & Spencer shops sell fresh snacks and prepared foods. Locations: Terminal 1, Landside, Arrivals, Level 5 • Terminal 2F, Landside, Level 0 • Terminal 2E, Landside, Level 0. Hours: 6:00AM – 11:00PM.
- Information Desk – If you have any questions, stop by one of the airport information desks for assistance. Locations: T1 Gate 2 (Departures) and Gate 36 (Arrivals) • T2A (Gate 6) • T2C (Gate 6) • T2D (Gate 6) • T2E Gate 6 (Departures) and Gate 8 (Arrivals) • T2F (Gate 7) • T2G (Public Hall) • T3 Entrance Halls in Arrivals and Departures. Hours: Open daily according to flight schedules. Terminal 2E also has touch-screen display Information Terminals, designed to look like giant smartphones.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Bagages du Monde offers short and long-term storage. Sample rates: 3,00€/3 hours/small item • 10,00€/24 hours/small item • 7,00€/3 hours/large item • 20,00€/24 hours/large item . Location: T2, landside, TGV-RER Station, Level 4 opposite Sheraton Hotel. Hours: 8:00AM – 8:00PM.
- Luggage Trolley – Need a hand with your luggage? Luggage trolleys are available free of charge throughout all the terminals.
- Luggage Wrapping – Safe Bag luggage wrapping service is available for €13 per bag. Locations: available at 7 locations (T2A • T2B • T2C • T2E (x3) • T3).
- Covid Testing – Antigen, RT-PCR and rapid PCR tests are available at the Cerballiance test centre. Rapid tests are also available at the pharmacies listed below. For more information, visit the CDG web site. Location: T2E, above the TGV station. Hours: 7:00AM – 5:30PM (Mon – Fri) • 7:00AM – 6:30PM (Sat – Sun).
- Medical Services – Urgent and emergency medical treatment are available at CDG Airport. Location: T2F, landside, Arrivals level, Entrance 017. Hours: 24 hours.
- Pharmacy – Locations: T2, landside, AC connector corridor (Hours: 8:00AM – 6:00PM) • T2E, landside, Departures level (Hours: 6:00AM – 8:00PM) • T2F, landside, Departures level (Hours: 6:00AM – 8:00PM).
- Mobile Charging – Look for one of the ChargeBox columns, which contains a group of small lockers equipped with charging leads for most phones. Phones take about 30 – 90 minutes to fully charge. Just plug in your phone, lock it up and take the key with you while you shop or dine! Rate: Free to use! Chargebox locations: T1 (six stations) • Terminals 2E, 2F, 2G (18 stations) • T3 (two stations) • Terminals 2A, 2C, 2D (seven stations). Additionally, outlets are available next to most seats in the boarding areas.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs, operated by HSBC, are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside.
- Banking Services – A branch of HSBC can be found in Terminal 2D-2F, Landside, TGV Station. Hours: 8:45AM – 5:00PM (Mon-Fri).
- Currency Exchange – Foreign currency exchange, money transfers, VAT refund and more are available at Travelex. There are 16 locations throughout T1, T2 A/C/D/E/F and T3. Hours: Vary per location.
- Tax Refunds – Non-EU residents are eligible to receive a refund for the VAT have paid on your purchases when you spend €175 incl. VAT at the same store. Tax refunds can be processed at one of 5 refund offices or 6 PABLO terminals. Locations:
- Offices – Terminal 2E (Landside, Arrivals Level • Baggage Claim, Arrivals Level • Departures Level, Gate K • Departures Level, Gate L) • Terminal 2F (Landside, Arrivals Level • Landside, Departures Level).
- Terminals – T1 (CDGVAL Level, Hall 6) • T2A (Departures Level, Gate 5) • T2C (Departures Level, Gate 4) • T2E (Departures Level, Gates 3/4) • T2F (Arrivals Level) • T3 (Arrivals Level).
- Religious Spaces
- Terminal 1 – temporarily closed – Chapel (Scheduled Catholic Mass, Protestant service, and Christian prayer time available) • Muslim Prayer Area • Synagogue. Location: Level CDGVAL, Halls 5 and 6. Hours: 6:30AM – 11:30PM.
- Terminal 2E – Multifaith prayer area. Location: Airside, boarding area of Hall L, next to Gate L33. Hours: 24 hours.
- Terminal 2F – Chapel (Scheduled Catholic Mass, Protestant service, Christian prayer time, Eucharistic adoration, and Rosary prayer time available) • Muslim Prayer Area • Synagogue. Location: Arrival level, between exits 1a and 2a. Hours: 4:00AM – 11:30PM.
Rest & Relaxation
- Cots – In the event of bad weather or massive flight cancellations, this airport has a limited supply of cots for stranded travellers. Availability may have been affected by Covid. If you are stranded during a weather delay, contact an airport employee to find out when the cots are located.
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Massage Chairs – Location: Terminal 1, satellites 1 to 6; Terminal 3, both departure areas; Terminal 2, zones 2A, 2C, 2D and 2E (near desks E68 et E55). Fee: Starting from €2,00.
- Rest Zones – The Instant Paris lounge is a free resting area for passengers in transit. Located in Terminal 2E, you will find areas with comfortable lounge style seating and close by is the Yotelair Hotel where you can have a shower.
Take precaution even when sleeping in the rest zones. In December 2019, a traveller at another airport reported that money and credit cards had been stolen from their bag even though the bag was right beside them. Protect and lock your bags as you would sleeping elsewhere in public.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Buy Paris Duty Free shops are located in the boarding areas or departure lounges of T1, T2 (A/D/E (Hall K)/F/G) and T3. A wide variety of retails shops are also available throughout the airport including 30+ Relay shops for any last minute items.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Showers are available in a few of the lounges [ see Airport Lounges above ] and YotelAIR [ see Airport Hotels above ].
- Spa & Salon Services – Massages, facials, and various beauty treatments are available at Be Relax Spa in Terminal 2E, Hall M. Seated massage is available at the Be Relax kiosks, located in T2 A/C/G/F1/F2/E/G.
Smoking is permitted in designated areas throughout the airport as follows: T1, Rotunda • T2C, near Gate C82 • T2F, near Gate 2 • TE, near Gate 6 and Gate 8.
Things to do & see
- Art in the Airport – Works of Parisian art and culture are on display in Terminal 1 and Terminal 2E (Halls L & M), along with the Espace Musée (Terminal 2E), which is a miniature art gallery featuring a bi-annually rotating exhibit featuring art from the Louvre, Palace of Versailles and more!
- Music Lounge – Soothe your pre-flight jitters with the sound of music! The Espace Musique lounge is a relaxing area with comfortably-furnished individual listening stations featuring free touchscreen access to the Universal Music Catalogue and a selection of Webradio stations. You can even play your own music via your smartphone or mp3 player! Rate: Free to enter. Location: Terminal 2E.
- Sony HD Viewing Room & Soundcorner – Watch the latest films and shows from the Sony catalog, free of charge, in the Sony Video Lounge. The lounge is furnished with individual viewing modules, featuring 3D HD TVs and comfortable seating with built-in speakers. Location: Terminal 2E, Halls L and M.
The airport terminals hours of operation are as follows: Terminal 1 (Hours: 4:00AM – 12:00AM) • Terminal 2A (Hours: 3:30AM – 12:30AM) • Terminal 2B (currently closed for renovations) • Terminal 2C (Hours: 4:00AM – 11:00PM) • Terminal 2D (Hours: 4:30AM – 11:30PM) • Terminal 2E and 2F (Hours: 4:00AM – 12:00AM) • Terminal 2G (Hours: 5:00AM – 11:30PM) and Terminal 3 (Hours: 4:30AM – 11:30PM. Overnight stays are discouraged and you may be asked to leave the building at closing time, but according to the airport’s website, “if you have a travel agent’s notification/boarding pass for a flight you may wait for your departure flight.”
Paris Charles de Gaulle airport is served by the following airlines: Aegean Airlines • Aer Lingus • Aerolineas Argentinas • Aeromexico • Air Algérie • Air Arabia • Air Austral • Air Baltic • Air Burkina • Air Cairo • Air Canada • Air Caraibes • Air China • Air Corsica • Air Europa • Air France • Air India • Air Madagascar • Air Malta • Air Mauritius • Air Montenegro • Air Saint Pierre • Air Senegal • Air Serbia • Air Seychelles • Air Tahiti • Air Transat • Alba Star • Alitalia • Almasria • Amelia France • American Airlines • All Nippon Airways • Arkia • ASL Airlines France • Asiana Airlines • Atlantic Airways Faroe Islands • Atlas Global • Austrian Airlines • Avianca • Azal Azerbaijan • Azul • Belavia • Blue Air • British Airways • Brussels Airlines • Bulgaria Air • Cabo Verde • Cathay Pacific • Chalair • China Airlines • China Eastern Airlines • China Southern Airlines • Corendon Airlines • Corsair • Croatia Air • CSA Czech Airlines • Delta Air Lines • EasyJet • Edelweiss • Egyptair • El Al Israel Airlines • Emirates • Enter Air • ETF Airways • Ethiopian Airlines • Etihad Airways • Eurowings • EVA Air • Finnair • Fly Egypt • Fly One • FlyPlay • Flyr • Freebird Airlines • French Bee • Garuda Indonesia • Georgian Airways • GOL • Gulf Air • Hainan Airlines • Hong Kong Airlines • Iberia • Icelandair • Iran Air • Israir • ITA Airways • Japan Airlines • Jet Airways • Jet2 • Jordan Aviation Trade Est. • JSC Klasjet • Kenya Airways • KLM • Korean Airlines • Kuwait Airways • La Compagnie • LATAM • Level • LOT • Lufthansa • Luxair • Mahan Airlines • Malaysia Airlines • Maleth-Aero • MEA • National Air Services • Nile Air • Norwegian • Nouvelair • Oman Air • Onur • PIA • Pegasus Airlines • Qantas • Qatar Airways • Rossiya • Royal Jordanian • Royal Air Maroc • Rwandair Express • SATA • Saudia • SAS • Singapore Airlines • Sky Express • Smartwings • SriLankan Airlines • Sunexpress • Swiss • TAP Portugal • TAROM • Tassili Airlines • Thai Airways • Trade Air • Transavia • TUIFly • Tunisair • Turkish Airlines • TUS Airways • Twin Jet • United Airlines • Ural Airlines • Uzbekistan Airways • Vietnam Airlines • Virgin Atlantic • Vistara • Volare Airlines • Volotea • Vueling • West Jet • Wizz Air • Xiamen Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
CDG airport is well connected to the bus system. Whether you are looking for a non-stop connection to Paris, need to reach your hotel in the city or need to get to Disneyland Paris, there is probably a bus for you. For more information and to plan your trip, visit the Paris CDG Airport website.
The following car rental agencies have rental desks in Terminals 1, 2A, 2C, 2D, 2E and 2F: Advantage • Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • Europcar • Firefly • Hertz • Interrent • National • Sixt • Thrifty • TT Car Transit.
Several area hotels provide airport shuttle service: B&B HOTEL • Best Western • Best Western Plus Paris Roissy • Campanile Roissy • Geographotel Paris Roissy CDG • Golden Tulip Paris CDG Airport – Villepinte • Holiday Inn Express • Holiday Inn • Hotel Campanile Roissy • Hotel ibis Styles Paris Roissy-CDG • Hotel Mercure Paris CDG Airport & Convention • Hotel Oceania • Hotel Premiere Classe Roissy – Aeroport CDG – Le Mesnil Amelot • Hotel Premiere Classe Roissy Aeroport • Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle • Ibis Budget Roissy CDG Paris Nord 2 • Ibis Paris CDG Airport • Mercure Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle Hotel • Millennium Hotel • Moxy Hotel • Nomad Hotel • Novotel Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport • Novotel Suites Paris CDG Airport Villepinte Hotel • Paris Marriott Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotel • Standing Hotel Suites by Actisource.
See also Airport Hotels above.
The N1 shuttle, the N2 shuttle and the CDGVAL (automatic rail service) connect passengers to all Terminals, Car Parks, SNCF Railway Station (north), Sheraton Hotel, Left Luggage and more. To find your way around the airport grounds, visit the Paris CDG Airport website.
Official licensed taxis operate from the taxi ranks located outside of the baggage claim area exits of Terminals 1, 2A/C/D/E/F/G and 3. Only official licensed taxis are permitted to pick up passengers at the airport, and are easily identifiable by a light on the vehicle rooftop and inside meter. For safety reasons, use only the taxis at the taxi ranks and do not accept rides from people who approach you at the airport. As of this update, the fare for a taxi ride into the city is around €53-58.
The airport is served by the CDGVAL automatic people mover, The RER B regional rapid transit line and the TGV high-speed train lines. For fares, routes and schedules, visit the Paris CDG Airport website.
Last updated: 2022-10-28
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.