Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I asked security if its ok to sleep here and they welcomed me warmly. They said that I should just find some isolated corner and I could sleep on the floor in my sleeping bag. I slept next to a huge window and what can I say… Better than the hostels. 😀 -kekkosen
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us about their time at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport.
What to Expect
The large Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport is notorious for its confusing layout, so be prepared to walk a lot. The airport has three terminals (1, 2, and 3). Terminal 2 is the trickiest to navigate, thanks to eight separate satellite terminals. Your experience will vary greatly depending on your terminal and concourse hall. For instance, travellers agree that the new part of Terminal 2E is an airport highlight, but the facilities in Terminal 1 are old and need renovating (or a complete demolition, depending who you ask).
You’ll find a bevvy of shops, cafes, and restaurants, though everything closes by 11:30 PM, so purchase midnight snacks ahead of time. A few features travellers love are the free WiFi, free mobile charging boxes, and the Instant Paris experience in Terminal 2E. Economy Class travellers who want to upgrade their layover can pay to enter several airport lounges, a few of which have shower facilities. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
As a major international airport, you won’t be the only one camping out overnight. In general, travellers report feeling safe, but homeless people do wander the pre-Secure areas at night. Consider asking a security guard the best place to rest – it may be wiser to choose an open area instead of a private corner. If you’re already inside Security, head to Terminals 2A and 2E for comfortable seating, but do bring layers as cold temps and bright lights are common complaints. Explore our guide to sleeping in Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport or read some traveller reviews for more tips. For uninterrupted sleep, check out the sleep cabins in Terminal 2E or head to several on-site or nearby hotels. See our Airport Hotels section below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Passes Star Alliance Lounge – Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Level 11. Schengen Flights only. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
If you are a First or Business Class traveller you may have access to the lounges listed below. For more information, check the airline’s website.
- Terminal 1: Qatar Airways Premium Lounge (Landside) • Lufthansa Business Lounge • Lufthansa Senator Lounge (Airside) • SAS Lounge (Airside).
- Terminal 2A-2C: Etihad Airways First & Business Class Lounge (Airside) • The Emirates Lounge (Airside) • Cathay Pacific First & Business Class Lounge (Airside).
- Terminal 2C: Air France The Arrivals Lounge (Landside).
- Terminal 2E: Air France La Premiere Lounge (Airside) • Air France (Concourse L) Lounge (Airside) • Air France (Concourse K) Lounge (Airside) • Air France (Concourse M) Lounge (Airside)
- Terminal 2F: Air France Lounge (Pier F1, Airside) • Air France Lounge (Pier F2, Airside).
- Terminal 2G: Air France Lounge (Airside).
If sleeping inside CDG Airport on does not appeal to you, there are hotels at the airport:
In Transit YOTELAIR Paris Charles de Gaulle – (Located inside the airport) There are 80 rooms that can be rented by the hour or for a full night. Rates from € 65 (4 hours). Cabins have a private shower. They also offer shower-only packages for people who only want to freshen up (20€ single use for 30 minutes or 30€ for 45 double use for minutes). Location: Terminal 2E, Satellite L, Airside. This location can only be accessed by passengers with a departing international flight outside of the European Union (with the exception of the United Kingdom) from Terminal 2E, K, L, M or passengers that are in transit to or from an international flight outside of the European Union from Terminal 2E, K, L, M. Overnight rates from 6:00PM – 9:00AM can be pre-booked. A Premium cabin is € 119. » Check Rates
At Airport Ibis Paris Airport – (2 minute walk from Terminal 3) A budget hotel located opposite Terminal 3 at the RER Roissy 1 exit. From Terminals 1 & 2, take the CDGVAL free automatic metro to the Terminal 3 (Roissypôle) stop. The free metro runs every 4 minutes from 4:30AM – 1:00AM and every 20 minutes from 1:00AM – 4:30AM. » Check Rates
At Airport CitizenM – (5 minute walking distance to Terminal 3). From Terminal 1 or 2, you can take the free CDGVAL shuttle to Terminal 3 (Roissypôle) and walk to from there. » Check Rates
At Airport Hilton Charles de Gaulle Airport – (5 minute walk from Terminal 3) Day rooms are available between the hours 9:00AM – 6:00PM. From T1: Take the free CDGVAL high-speed train which runs every 4 minutes, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (free of charge) and stop at T3/Roissypole. Free shuttle from Terminal 2 (Shuttle Hours: every 20 minutes 6:00AM – 11:30PM and on request during unscheduled hours). » Check Rates
At Airport Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel – (2 minute walk from Terminal 2) Located in Terminal 2 across from the RER Station. The hotel is just steps away from the CDG VAL, a free automatic shuttle service which links the three airport terminals. Day rooms are available 8:00AM to 6:00PM. » Check Rates
At Airport Novotel CDG Terminal – (2 minute walk from Terminal 3) From terminals 1 and 2: Take the CDGVAL free automatic metro, Roissypôle stop, hotel entrance in the RER train station. From terminal 3: Follow signs for Gare RER (2 minute walk), hotel entrance in the RER train station. Day rooms are available from 8:00AM – 8:00PM. » Check Rates
Near Airport Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport – (7 minute walk from Terminal 1) Free shuttle bus available from Terminal 1 and 2 every 4 minutes from 4 A.M. to 1 A.M. every day. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near CDG Airport Hotels on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Unlimited free WiFi is available at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport. They also have two interruption-free premium WiFi services:
Faster: 4x faster than the standard free WiFi. The rate is € 2.90 for 20 min. or € 5.90 for 60 minutes.
Stronger: 10x faster than the standard free WiFi. The rate is € 9.90 for 24 hours, and you can connect up to five WiFi devices.
- Workstations – Equipped with an electric socket to plug in your portable computer, the business workstations are designed for you to make the most of your waiting time. Locations: Terminal 1, airside, in the boarding lounges • Terminal 2D, airside, near gate D55 • Terminal 2EF, landside and airside, in the boarding lounges • Terminal 2G, airside.
- Postal Services – Drop off your last minute postcards, buy stamps and more at the at the airport’s Post Office. Location: Terminal 2E, SNCF-TGV station, Arrivals level. Hours: Unknown.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – Sanitary changing tables and children’s toilets are available in the colorful baby care areas, located landside and airside in all the airport restrooms on the Departures and Arrivals levels.
- Children’s Play Areas – Colorful play areas featuring Gulli network TV programs and games are available in these locations: Terminal 2C, airside, Departures lounge • Terminal 2F, airside, Departures lounge • Terminal 2D, airside, Departures lounge. For children ages 4 to 10 years, Disney-themed play areas are available, featuring interactive toys, games and a TV corner with Disney shows and soft puffy seating. Locations: A Cars-themed play area is in T2E, and two Cars/Princesses play areas are available in the Satellite 4 (S4) terminal.
- Games – Play vintage video games at the colorful ‘80’s-themed arcade gaming area! Six locations: Hall L at Gates L4, L24, and L32 • Hall K at Gates M29 and M45 • Hall 2G boarding area. Playstation gaming areas and multi-touch games carousel tables can be found airside in all terminals.
- Strollers – Strollers are available for use, free of charge, airside in Terminal 2E. Pick one up at one of two Pushchair Stations, located just after the security checkpoint, and leave it at the boarding gate when you depart for your flight.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules, with some open as early as 4:00AM and closed as late as 11:30PM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Some of the dining options include: Boco • Brioche Doree • Costa Coffee • Eric Kayser • Espressamente illy • Exki • McDonald’s • Naked • Pret a Manger • Red d’Hippo • Starbucks • Zumo. The Marks & Spencer shops sell fresh snacks and prepared foods. Locations: Terminal 1, Landside, Arrivals, Level 5 • Terminal 2F, Landside, Level 0 • Terminal 2E, Landside, Level 0. Hours: 6:00AM – 11:00PM.
- Information Desk – Locations: T1 Gate 2 (Departures) and Gate 36 (Arrivals) • T2A (Gate 6) • T2C (Gate 6) • T2D (Gate 6) • T2E Gate 6 (Departures) and Gate 8 (Arrivals) • T2F (Gate 7) • T2G (Public Hall) • T3 Entrance Halls in Arrivals and Departures. Hours: Open daily according to flight schedules. Terminal 2E also has touch-screen display Information Terminals, designed to look like giant smartphones.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Bagages du Monde offers short and long-term storage. Sample rates: 3,00€/3 hours/small item • 10,00€/24 hours/small item • 5,00€/3 hours/large item • 18,00€/24 hours/large item . Location: T2, landside, TGV-RER Station, Level 4 opposite Sheraton Hotel. Hours: 6:00AM – 9:30PM.
- Luggage Trolley – Need a hand with your luggage? Luggage trolleys are available in T1. Rate: Unknown.
- Luggage Wrapping – Safe Bag luggage wrapping service is available for €12 per bag. Locations: available at 15 locations throughout the airport.
- Medical Services – Urgent and emergency medical treatment are available at CDG Airport. Location: T2F, landside, Arrivals level, Entrance 017. Hours: 8:00AM – 12:00PM and 2:00PM – 7:00PM.
- Pharmacy – Locations: T1, landside, CDGVAL level (Hours: 6:00AM – 9:00PM) • T2, landside, AC connector corridor (Hours: 6:00AM – 10:00PM) • T2E, landside, Departures level (Hours: 6:00AM – 10:00PM).
- Mobile Charging – Look for one of the ChargeBox columns, which contains a group of small lockers equipped with charging leads for most phones. Phones take about 30 – 90 minutes to fully charge. Just plug in your phone, lock it up and take the key with you while you shop or dine! Rate: Free to use! Chargebox locations: T1 (six stations) • Terminals 2E, 2F, 2G (18 stations) • T3 (two stations) • Terminals 2A, 2C, 2D (seven stations).
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs, operated by HSBC, are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: unknown but at least 25 machines are available.
- Banking Services – A branch of HSBC can be found in Terminal 2D-2F, Landside, TGV Station. Hours: 8:45AM – 5:00PM (Mon-Fri).
- Currency Exchange – Foreign currency exchange, money transfers, VAT refund and more are available at Travelex. There are 19 locations throughout T1 and T2 A/C/D/E/F. Hours: Vary per location, with some open as early as 6:00AM and closed as late as 10:30PM.
- Religious Spaces
- Terminal 1 (Level CDGVAL, Halls 5 and 6) – Hours: 6:30AM – 11:30PM. Chapel (Scheduled Catholic Mass, Protestant service, and Christian prayer time available) • Muslim Prayer Area • Synagogue.
- Terminal 2E (boarding area of Hall L, next to Gate L33) – Multifaith prayer area.
- Terminal 2F (Arrival level, Gate 0.01) – Hours: 4:00AM – 11:30PM. Chapel (Scheduled Catholic Mass, Protestant service, Christian prayer time, Eucharistic adoration, and Rosary prayer time available) • Muslim Prayer Area • Synagogue.
Rest & Relaxation
- Cots – In the event of bad weather or massive flight cancellations, this airport has a supply of cots for stranded travellers. If you are stranded during a weather delay, contact an airport employee to find out when the cots are located. Unfortunately, the cots are not available for travellers who simply decide to spend the night in the airport. Due to the amount of wacky email we receive about this, we’ll also let you know that cots cannot be “reserved” and we don’t know where they are kept. Please speak to a gate agent or an airport employee.
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Massage Chairs – Location: Terminal 1, satellites 1 to 6; Terminal 3, both departure areas; Terminal 2, zones 2A, 2C, 2D and 2E (near desks E68 et E55). Fee: Starting from €2,00.
- Rest Zones – The Instant Paris lounge is a free resting area for passengers in transit. Located in Terminal 2E, you will find areas with comfortable lounge style seating and close by is the Yotelair Hotel where you can have a shower
- Duty Free & Shopping – Buy Paris Duty Free shops are located in the boarding areas or departure lounges of T1, T2 (A/D/E (Hall K)/F/G) and T3. A wide variety of retails shops are also available throughout the airport including 30+ Relay shops for any last minute items.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Showers are available in a few of the lounges [ see Airport Lounges above ] and YotelAIR [ see Airport Hotels above ].
- Spa & Salon Services – Massages, facials, and various beauty treatments are available at Be Relax Spa in Terminal 2E, Hall M. Seated massage is available at the Be Relax kiosks, located in T2 A/C/G/F1/F2/E/G.
Smoking is permitted in designated areas throughout the airport as follows: T1, Rotunda • T2C, near Gate C82 • T2F, near Gate 2 • TE, near Gate 6 and Gate 8.
Things to do & see
- Art in the Airport – Works of Parisian art and culture are on display in Terminal 1 and Terminal 2E (Halls L & M), along with rotating exhibits featuring art from the Louvre, Palace of Versailles and more!
- Museum – information not available.
- Music Lounge – Soothe your pre-flight jitters with the sound of music! The Espace Musique lounge is a relaxing area with comfortably-furnished individual listening stations featuring free touchscreen access to the Universal Music Catalogue and a selection of Webradio stations. You can even play your own music via your smartphone or mp3 player! Rate: Free to enter. Location: Terminal 2E.
- Sony HD Viewing Room & Soundcorner – Watch the latest films and shows from the Sony catalog, free of charge, in the Sony Video Lounge. The lounge is furnished with individual viewing modules, featuring 3D HD TVs and comfortable seating with built-in speakers. Location: Terminal 2E, Halls L and M.
The airport terminals hours of operation are as follows: Terminal 1 (Hours: 4:00AM – 12:00AM) • Terminal 2A (Hours: 3:30AM – 12:30AM) • Terminal 2B (currently closed for renovations) • Terminal 2C (Hours: 4:00AM – 11:00PM) • Terminal 2D (Hours: 4:30AM – 11:30PM) • Terminal 2E and 2F (Hours: 4:00AM – 12:00AM) • Terminal 2G (Hours: 5:00AM – 11:30PM) and Terminal 3 (Hours: 4:30AM – 11:30PM. Overnight stays are discouraged and you may be asked to leave the building at closing time, but according to the airport’s website, “if you have a travel agent’s notification for a flight you may wait for your departure flight.”
As of April 2019, Paris Charles de Gaulle airport is served by the following airlines: Adria Airways • Aegean Airlines • Aer Lingus • Aero 4M • Aeroflot • Aerolíneas Argentinas • Aerovias de Mexico • Air Algerie • Air Arabia • Air Astana • Air Austral • Air Baltic • Air Burkina • Air Cairo • Air Canada • Air Caraibes • Air China • Air Corsica • Air Europa • Air France • Air India • Air Madagascar • Air Malta • Air Mauritius • Air Mediterranean SA • Air Nostrum • Air Senegal • Air Serbia • Air Seychelles • Air Tahiti • Air Transat • Alba Star • Alitalia • Almasria • American Airlines • ANA • Arkia • ASL Airlines France • Asiana Airlines • AtlasGlobal • Austrian Airlines • Azal Azerbaijan • Azul • Belavia • Blue Air • British Airways • Brussels Airlines • Bulgaria Air • Cabo Verde • Carpatair • Cathay Pacific • Chalair • China Airlines • China Eastern • China Southern • Corendon Airlines • Corsair • Croatia Air • CSA Czech Airlines • Cubana Airlines • Delta • easyJet • EgyptAir • El Al Israel Airlines • Emirates • Enter Air • Ethiopian Airlines • Etihad Airways • Eurowings • EVA Air • Finnair • Fly Egypt • Flybe • Freebird Airlines • French Bee • Garuda Indonesia • Georgian Airways • GOL • Gulf Air • Hainan Airlines • Hop! • Iberia • Icelandair • Iran Air • Japan Airlines • Jet2 • Kenya Airways • KLM • Korean Airlines • Kuwait Airways • La Compagnie • LATAM • Level • LOT • Lufthansa • Luxair • Mahan Airlines • Malaysia Airlines • Maleth-Aero • Mauritania Airlines • MEA • Montenegro Airlines • National Air Services • Nile Air • Norwegian • Nouvelair • Oman Air • Onur • PIA • Pegasus Airlines • Qantas • Qatar Airways • Rossiya • Royal Jordanian • Royal Air Maroc • SATA • Saudia • SAS • Siberian Airlines • Singapore Airlines • Sky Europe • Smartwings • SriLankan Airlines • Sunexpress • Swiss • TAAG Angola Airlines • TAP Portugal • TAROM • Tassili Airlines • Thai Airways • Transavia • TUIFly • Tunisair • Turkish Airlines • Twin Jet • Ukraine International Airlines • United Airlines • Ural Airlines • Uzbekistan Airways • Vietnam AIrlines • Virgin Atlantic • Volare Airlines • Volotea • Vueling • Xiamen Airlines.
The airport is well connected to the bus system. Whether you are looking for a non-stop connection to Paris, need to reach your hotel in the city or need to get to Disneyland Paris, there is probably a bus for you. For more information and to plan your trip, visit the Paris CDG Airport website.
The following car rental agencies have rental desks in Terminals 1, 2A, 2C, 2D, 2E and 2F: Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, National, Sixt, Thrifty and TT Car Transit.
Firefly and Interrent car rental agency desks are located only in Terminal 1.
The N1 shuttle, the N2 shuttle and the CDGVAL (automatic rail service) connect passengers to all Terminals, Car Parks, SNCF Railway Station (north), Sheraton Hotel, Left Luggage and more. To find your way around the airport grounds, visit the Paris CDG Airport website.
Official licensed taxis operate from the taxi ranks located outside of the baggage claim area exits of Terminals 1, 2A/C/D/E/F/G and 3. Only official licensed taxis are permitted to pick up passengers at the airport, and are easily identifiable by a light on the vehicle rooftop and inside meter. For safety reasons, use only the taxis at the taxi ranks and do not accept rides from people who approach you at the airport.
The airport is served by the CDGVAL automatic people mover, The RER B regional rapid transit line and the TGV high-speed train lines. For fares, routes and schedules, visit the Paris CDG Airport website.
Last updated: 2019-04-16
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.