Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Pekanbaru Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I can sleep tight in there even in the simple chair – a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Pekanbaru Sultan Syarif Kasim II International Airport.
What to Expect
- A spacious and modern international airport, with clean facilities and two separate terminals for domestic and international flights. A wide variety of shops and restaurants are available.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of January 2019, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Lembayung Executive Lounge – Location: Domestic Departures, Airside, 2nd Floor, near Gate 3. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs [ more lounge info ]
If you are a First or Business Class traveller you may have access to the lounges listed below. For more information, check the airline’s web site.
Garuda Indonesia Executive Lounge – Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside.
If sleeping in Pekanbaru Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Labersa Grand Hotel & Convention Center – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Stefani City Hotel Pekanbaru – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Grand Suka Hotel – (14 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Pekanbaru Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at the airport. Connect to the “[email protected]” network.
Free internet terminals can also be found Airside, Domestic Departures.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Children’s Area – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to the children’s play area. Location: Airside, Domestic Departures.
- Family Services – Dedicated nursing rooms can be found on the ground and 1st Floor. Accessible from 4:30AM -12:00AM.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – There are a variety of restaurants and coffee shops (26 in total) available both Landside and Airside. All restaurants are open from 4:30AM – 9:00PM.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Luggage storage is available on the ground floor. Hours and rates are unknown.
- Luggage Wrapping – Two service providers are available to wrap your luggage.
- Mobile Charging – Free mobile charging stations are available throughout the airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available fopm 8 providers. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Ground, 1st and 2nd Floor.
- Currency Exchange – Services are provided at 5 different locations. 2 Ground Floor locations are open 7:30AM – 3:00PM. Three additional changers can be found on the 1st and 2nd Floors which are open 8:00AM – 6:00PM.
- Prayer Rooms – Muslim prayer rooms are available in both terminals.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – A dedicated rest zone with reclining chairs is available free of charge. Location: Domestic Terminal.
- Duty Free & Shopping – We do not have any information about whether Duty Free shopping is available. A small variety of shops are available, most of which are mini-market style. All shops are open 4:30AM – 9:00PM.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Available in the Lembayung Executive Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Spa – Reflexology services are available. Location: unknown.
- Smoking Areas – Dedicated smoking areas can be found at the airport.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. If you know the airport hours, click here to update this airport guide.
As of January 2019, Pekanbaru airport is served by the following airlines: Air Asia • Batik Air • Citilink • Garuda Indonesia • Lion Air • Malindo Air • Wings Air.
The airport is served by one bus line (Trans Metro Pekanbaru). At the time of this January 2019 update, the rate is 35,000 idr/per person. The bus is available between 6:30AM and 8:00PM.
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2019-02-05
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.