Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Pekanbaru Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I can sleep tight in there even in the simple chair – a traveller
PKU Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Pekanbaru Sultan Syarif Kasim II International Airport.
What to Expect
The modern Pekanbaru Airport (code: PKU) is divided into Domestic and International Terminals. Expect clean facilities and a variety of shops and eateries, though everything closes by 9:00PM. Free WiFi helps pass the time. A few lounges are available. See Airport Lounges in the guide below for location and access information.
Sleeping in Pekanbaru Airport
We do not yet have any sleep-related airport reviews. Have a backup plan if you’re planning to spend the night. For uninterrupted sleep, hotels are nearby. See our Airport Hotels section below for more info or read some traveller airport reviews for more tips.
Some airport reviews and tips in this guide and elsewhere on the site were written before March 2020 and may no longer be valid. To help us keep this guide up-to-date, you can add or update information or write a review to submit airport tips and photos.
For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Pekanbaru Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. For more information on Europe’s Schengen Area, click here.
If sleeping in the airport sounds like a nightmare, there are hotels near Pekanbaru Airport:
With Covid restrictions constantly changing, we recommend that you confirm shuttle availability prior to booking and/or prior to your arrival.
- BATIQA Hotel Pekanbaru – No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- PRIME PARK Hotel Pekanbaru – No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Baliview Luxury Villas & Resto – No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
For more options, visit Tripadvisor to see a list of hotels in Pekanbaru, search deals and read traveller reviews.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Lembayung Executive Lounge – Location: Domestic Departures, Airside, 2nd Floor, near Gate 3. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs
- Blue Sky Premier Lounge – Location: Domestic Departures, Landside, Ground Floor. Lounge Access: 5:00AM – 11:00PM.
If you are a First or Business Class traveller you may have access to the lounges listed below. For more information, check the airline’s web site.
- Garuda Indonesia Executive Lounge – Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside.
Related Pages: Pekanbaru Airport Lounges
Free WiFi is available at the airport. Connect to the “email@example.com” network.
Free internet terminals can also be found Airside, Domestic Departures.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- SIM Cards – A reader has asked us to include where to buy SIM Cards. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Children’s Area – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to the children’s play area. Location: Airside, Domestic Departures.
- Family Services – Dedicated nursing rooms can be found on the ground and 1st Floor. Accessible from 4:30AM -12:00AM.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – There are a variety of restaurants and coffee shops (26 in total) available both Landside and Airside. All restaurants are open from 4:30AM – 9:00PM.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Luggage storage is available on the ground floor. Hours: 4:30AM – 9:00PM. Rate: Unknown.
- Luggage Wrapping – Two service providers are available to wrap your luggage.
- Mobile Charging – Free mobile charging stations are available throughout the airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available fopm 8 providers. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Ground, 1st and 2nd Floor.
- Currency Exchange – Services are provided at 5 different locations. 2 Ground Floor locations are open 7:30AM – 3:00PM. Three additional changers can be found on the 1st and 2nd Floors which are open 8:00AM – 6:00PM.
- Prayer Rooms – Muslim prayer rooms are available in both terminals.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – A dedicated rest zone with reclining chairs is available free of charge. Location: Domestic Terminal.
Take precaution even when sleeping in the rest zones. In December 2019, a traveller at another airport reported that money and credit cards had been stolen from their bag even though the bag was right beside them. Protect and lock your bags as you would sleeping elsewhere in public.
- Duty Free & Shopping – We do not have any information about whether Duty Free shopping is available. A small variety of shops are available, most of which are mini-market style. All shops are open 4:30AM – 9:00PM.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Available in the Lembayung Executive Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Spa – Reflexology services are available. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Smoking Areas – Dedicated smoking areas can be found at the airport.
The airport appears to be open 24 hours; however, at the time of this update we are unable to confirm this. If you know the airport hours, click here to update this airport guide.
Pekanbaru airport is served by the following airlines: Air Asia • Batik Air • Citilink • Garuda Indonesia • Lion Air • Malindo Air • Scoot • Wings Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The airport is served by two bus lines. At the time of this update:
- The Damri line operates between the hours of 7:00AM – 10:00PM, with a fare of IDR 35.000
- The Trans Metro Pekanbaru bus departs from the airport every 15 minutes between the hours of 6:30AM – 8:00PM, with a bus fare of USD 0.27.
Both buses pick-up/drop-off outside the airport’s arrivals hall.
See also Airport Hotels above.
Taxis are readily available for hire 24 hours of the day in the ground transportation area.
Last updated: 2022-10-28
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.