Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Pontianak Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Pontianak Airport.
What to Expect
- A new terminal was completed in 2017.
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide an airport shuttle, though some charge a fee for use. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
El John Executive Lounge – Location: Departure Terminal, Airside, 1st Floor.
If sleeping in Pontianak Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Gardenia Resort and Spa – (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers are available upon request. » Check Rates
- Hotel Harmony In – (15 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
- Mercure Pontianak – (15 minutes from the airport) Provide the hotel with your flight details and they will arrange taxi pick-up, IDR 150.000 each way. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Pontianak Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Pontianak Airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans.
Currency Exchange – A foreign exchange counter is available. Location: unknown
Food & Drinks – There are a variety of restaurants and coffee shops to choose from, the hours are not known.
Information Desk – Need help finding your way? An information desk can be found in the public hall.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – A reader (July 2018) tells us that there are charging stations available.
Prayer Room – Yes.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Shopping – There are only a few shops to choose from, one appears to be a mini-market.
Showers – Not available.
Information not available. If you know the hours, please email us at [email protected] and we will update the guide.
As of February 2018, Pontianak airport is served by the following airlines: Lion Air • Garuda Indonesia • Batik Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Some local hotels offer shuttle service to and from the airport. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details.
Prepaid taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. Stop at the taxi booth in the Arrivals hall to pay for your ride. You will receive a ticket to give to your taxi driver before boarding the taxi.
Last updated: 2018-10-29
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.