Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Port Vila Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
they had the band playing in the arrivals hall whilst you were waiting for immigration/customs. – simmoni
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Port Vila Airport.
What to Expect
- Port Vila is a small airport with two terminals.
- The airport is open 24 hours, but closed to the public overnight.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges below for location and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Unfortunately, we do not have any current reviews from travellers who slept in this airport. Older reviewers suggest some promising benches in the International terminal.
- There are nearby hotels, but many do not include transfers or an airport shuttle. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter through a lounge membership program (ie. Priroity Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Port Vila Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Fatumaru Lodge – (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Moorings Hotel – (6 minutes from the airport) Airport meet & greet transfers available for AUD $20. » Check Rates
- Traveller’s Budget Motel – (10 minutes from the airport) Private and dorm rooms available. No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Hideaway Island Resort – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Port Vila Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Unity Airlines offers WiFi in the Domestic Terminal.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Currency Exchange – Yes available at the airport.
Food & Drinks – Flight Cafe (International Terminal) and Island Spirit Cafe (Domestic Terminal).
Information Desk – An Arrivals Information Booth is available and the airport is staffed with customer service officers to assist you.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Luggage Storage is available at a cost of Vt 200 per item.
Observation Area – Relax and watch planes taking off and landing from the vantage point of the airport’s observation deck. Location: International Terminal, on the upper floor.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours, but closed to the public overnight.
As of February 2018, Port Vila airport is served by the following airlines: Air Vanuatu • Air New Zealand • Fiji Airways • Solomon Airlines • Air Niugini • Air Calédonie.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service to their guests either for a fee or as a courtesy. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Angelfish Cove Villas • Coral Motel & Apartments • Erakor Island Resort & Spa • Poppy’s on the Lagoon • Quest Apartments • Tradewinds Villas.
Fixed-rate taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. Traveling to the airport from the city center, you may have to negotiate your fare before boarding your taxi.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected]