Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Prague Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To cuddle up behind one of the pillars in the main hall works perfectly.. I always sleep like a child. -Simon
PRG Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Prague Václav Havel Airport.
What to Expect
Prague Airport (code: PRG) has four terminals, though most passengers will see only the public Terminals 1 and 2. Terminal 1’s Concourses A and B are dedicated to non-Schengen destinations. Concourses C and D, in Terminal 2, service Schengen zone destinations. Both terminals are easy to navigate on foot.
As for amenities, you’ll find several restaurants and cafes, a range of shops, and a rest area in T2 that has seats and footrests. A few eateries are open 24 hours. Pass the time with free, unlimited WiFi. Economy class passengers can pay to enter a few airport lounges, plus a Rest and Fun Center, and most have shower facilities. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and access information.
Where to Sleep
You certainly won’t be the only overnight camper here, just be prepared for security guards to check your ID and boarding pass – otherwise you’ll be asked to leave. Seating is plentiful airside, though most is equipped with armrests. For more comfort, try to grab a seat with footrest at the rest zone in Terminal 2, otherwise opt for the floor. Common complaints are cold temperatures and bright lights, so bring an extra layer and an eye mask. Explore our guide to sleeping in Prague Airport or read some traveller reviews for more tips. For uninterrupted sleep, hotels are located on and near airport grounds, and some offer shuttle service. See our Airport Hotels section below for more info.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, all services and times listed below are subject to change. In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Passes Mastercard Lounge – Location: Terminal 1, Airside, 1st Floor. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs.
Passes Menzies Aviation Lounge (Non-Schengen) – Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Level 2. Non-Schengen flights only. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
VIP Service Club Continental – Location: Terminal 1, Airside. Showers are available. Lounge Access: CZK 3 900 (approx. EUR 156) – 1 person • CZK 5 500 (approx. EUR 222) – 2 persons • CZK 7 000 (approx. EUR 280) – 3 persons • CZK 8 400 (approx. EUR 336) – 4 persons
Raiffeisenbank Lounge – Location: Terminal 2, Landside, opposite Check-in Counter No. 209. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door.
Passes Erste Premier Lounge – Location: Terminal 2, Airside, 2nd Floor. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs.
Passes Menzies Aviation Lounge (Schengen) – Location: Terminal 2, Airside, Level 3. Schengen flights only. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
Citigold Lounge – Location: Terminal 2, Landside. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (CZK 850 / 1 person for 2 hours).
VIP Lounge – Location: Terminal 3, Airside. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (CZK 499 / 1 person for 2 hours).
If sleeping in Prague Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
In Transit Rest and Fun Center – Located inside the transit (airside) area of Terminal 1. You must be a transit passenger or flying from Terminal 1. You must have a boarding pass for a flight from Terminal 1. If visiting the center earlier than 2 hours before your flight, you must have your luggage with you. Nine rooms are available for day use (8:00AM to 6:00PM; no reservation required) or overnight (6:00PM to 8:00AM; 48-hour advanced reservation required). » Check Rates
At Airport Courtyard Prague Airport – (2 minutes from the airport) Located at the airport between Terminals 1 and 2. No airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
Near Airport Holiday Inn – (2 minutes from the airport) Located 300 meters from Terminals North 1 and 2, next to the Travel Service building. Free airport shuttle available 24-hours, upon request via hotel reception or free intercom near Exit D from both terminals. » Check Rates
Near Airport Ramada Airport Hotel – Located at the South Terminal 3. Free airport shuttle from Terminals 1 and 2. Shuttle Hours: 24-hours on request. Pick-up is available from terminals 1 and 2. Use the courtesy phone or call +420 220111250 to request a pick-up. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Prague Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Prague Airport. Connect to the “prg.aero-free” network.
- Post Office – Česká Pošta Location: landside, in the connector between T1 and T2 Hours: 8:00AM – 6:00PM Mon-Fri and 9:00AM – 2:00PM.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – Located airside in T1 and T2 are special rooms designated for travelers with small children. These rooms provide a peaceful and private environment away from the crowds, with microwaves, diaper changing facilities, baby cots, play areas and more. If you just need to do a simple and quick diaper change, changing tables are available in most restrooms throughout the airport. Strollers are available for use, free of charge, throughout the transit area, all the way to your gate! Pick one up behind Passport Control in T1 or behind security check, on the right side, in T2.
- Children’s Play Area – This airport does not skimp on the play areas! Slides, climbers, toys and more are available in two large Children’s Corners. Locations: T1, airside, behind Passport Control, on the left-hand side • T2, airside, left-hand side. Additionally, there are several mini play areas designed for children ages 3 – 8 years old, with interactive toys and building blocks. Locations: T1, airside, Gates A6-A9 / Gates B7-B9 / ground floor towards the rear end of Pier B • T2, airside, Pier C (ground floor) and Pier C (rear end) In the connector between T1 and T2 is the Bambule toy shop, with swings, climbers, and aviation-themed toys in the store’s play area. Need more? There are mechanical riding toys for the little ones located throughout the airport, and a play area with popular board games for older kids located landside in the T2 Departure Hall.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours: Bread & Co. Bistro Cafe (T2, Landside) • Costa Coffee (T1 Landside, Arrivals • T1, Airside, Departure Halls) • Restaurant Praha (T1, landside, Arrivals Hall on Level 2) • Subway (T1, Landside – note, may close between 12:00AM and 1:00AM).
- Information Desk – Main desk location: T1, landside, Arrivals Hall. Hours: Open 24 hours. Other information desks are located landside and airside in T1 and T2. Each Terminal also offers a Visitor Center which may be of assistance.
- Travel Agencies – If you are arriving in Prague and need local arrangements or help planning a really last minute trip abroad, there are a number of travel agencies with offices at the airport that can probably be of assistance. Alexandria, Blue Style, Fischer Group, Kovotour Plus, Letuška and Student Agency.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Rate: 120 CZK per luggage, per day. Locations: T2, near the baggage reclaim area Hours: Open 24 hours. T1, Landside, near Entrance A. Hours: Unknown.
- Luggage Wrapping – Protect your luggage and its valuables with shrink wrap. Two locations: T1, landside, Departures Hall, near entry/exit A • T2, landside, Departures Hall, entry/exit D. Rates: CZK 159/piece.
- Medical Center – Location: Landside, in the connecting corridor between the two Terminals. Doctors are on-hand to respond to emergency or health related issues. Hours: 24 hours.
- Pharmacy – Location: Landside, in the connecting corridor between the two Terminals. Hours: 8:00AM – 6:00PM (Mon – Fri) and 9:00AM – 5:00PM (Sat & Sun).
- Mobile Charging – A reader tells us there are USD and power outlets embedded under the seats throughout Terminal 1 and 2.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside, in the Arrival Halls of T1 and T2.
- Currency Exchange – Interchange offers services in both Terminals. Most locations are open from 6:00AM – 11:00PM, but you can find 24-hour branches landside in the Departures area of T1 and T2. Foreign currency ATMs are available in T1, at the landside Departures Hall and airside in the Transit pass. ATMs are available from 6:00AM – 10:30PM.
- Prayer Rooms – An interfaith prayer room is available airside in T1.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Areas – The Kooperativa Relaxation Zone has comfortable seating, high-speed WiFi access, flight info display screens and point-of-sale travel insurance kiosks. Location: T2, airside, 1st floor, between Piers C and D. @gutzanu on Twitter let us know that there are seats with footrests located airside near Gate A4.
Take precaution even when sleeping in the rest zones. In December 2019, a traveller at another airport reported that money and credit cards had been stolen from their bag even though the bag was right beside them. Protect and lock your bags as you would sleeping elsewhere in public.
- Duty Free & Shopping – A wide variety of duty-free and retail shops are available in the airport. The Aelia Duty Free Shop (T1) is open 24 hours.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Showers are available, for departing passengers only, at the Rest & Fun Center, T1, Airside. Rate: 99 CZK for 30 minutes, including towels and shower products. Showers are free at the Rest & Fun Center if you rent one of the lounges. Hours: 8:00AM – 6:00PM. In T2, a shower is located airside in Pier D, opposite the ERSTE Premier Lounge. Towel and key are available at the lounge for a deposit of €10. Showers are free of charge. Hours: 5:00AM – 10:00PM.
A reader tells us “Public showers in T2 is currently under maintenance. T1 do have showers which only can be used by those who will depart from T1. (August 2019)
Other Airport Services
- Fast Track – Travelling within the Schengen Area and departing from Terminal 2? You can pay for Fast Track service to speed your way through security. Book on-line for CZK 150/person.
Things to do & see
- Airport Tours – Find out what happens at the airport during a behind-the-scenes airport tour. Visit the rescue and fire station, dispatch areas, cargo zone, lounges and other passenger facilites. Reservations are required. Meeting Point: the tours start and end in Terminal 3 (the old terminal). Departure Time: see tour schedule here. Tour Duration: 2 hours. Rates: CZK 220.
- Museum – Watch documentaries and view large format photographs and maps in the museum. Location: Terminal 2, landside, in front of the Observation Deck entrance. Rate: Free
- Observation Deck – There are two viewing terraces available. There is one located airside in the T1 transit area. Enter through the Prague Restaurant. The second observation deck is located in the public area of T2 Departure Hall, near the entrance to the connecting corridor between T1 and T2.
- Reading Corners – Local and foreign language books/magazines and comfortable chairs are provided in 2 locations and are accessible 24 hours a day. Location: Terminal 1, Landside, Arrivals near the Restaurace Praha restaurant • Terminal 1, Airside, near Gate C2.
- Rest and Fun Center – If you are a passenger transiting through or flying out of T1 (non-Schengen), you can enjoy a fun and relaxing layover in the Rest & Fun Center! The Rest & Fun Center offers an internet cafe and PC corner, refreshments, TV, WiFi, showers (fee), Xbox and more. For long layovers, you can rent a private mini-lounge to finish office work, play Xbox games, watch a movie or two, or enjoy some private family play time with your little ones. Maximum capacity is 4 people, and the rate starts at € 12 for a 2-hour stay. Hotel room-style overnight relax lounges are also available to rent for overnight stays. At least 48 hours notice is required if you wish to rent an overnight relax lounge for a stay between 6:00PM – 8:00AM. Contact the airport for entry requirements and rates. Location: T1, airside Hours: Open 24 hours.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Prague airport is served by the following airlines: Adria Airways Aegean Airlines • Aer Lingus • Aeroflot • Air Arabia • Air Cairo • Air France • Air Serbia • airBaltic • Alitalia • Austrian Airlines • Belavia • British Airways • Brussels Airlines • Bulgaria • China Eastern Airlines • Cyprus Airways • Czech Airlines • easyJet • El Al • Emirates • Eurowings • Finnair • Flydubai • Georgian Airways • Hainan Airlines • HOP! • Iberia • Jet2.com • Joon • KLM • Korean Air • LOT Polish Airlines • Lufthansa • Norwegian Air Shuttle • Pegasus Airlines • Qatar Airways • Rossiya • RusLine • Ryanair • S7 Airlines • Scandinavian Airlines • SCAT Airlines • Sichuan Airlines • Smartwings • Swiss • TAP Portugal • TAROM • Transavia • Transavia France • Turkish Airlines • Ukraine Airlines • Ural Airlines • Volotea • Vueling • Wings of Lebanon • Wizz Air • Yakutia Airlines.
The following bus services are available at Prague airport:
- Bus 119 runs a 15-minute journey between the airport and Nádraží Veleslavín metro station, for access to Metro Line A.
- Bus 100 runs an 18-minute journey between the airport and Zličín metro station, for access to Metro Line B.
- The Airport Express runs a 35-minute route between the airport and Prague’s main train station (Praha hlavní nádraží), for access to Metro Line C and connections to numerous trains (SC, EC, IC and EN) and tram lines.
- Intercity luxury coaches are also available and pick up/drop off passengers at Terminal 1, under the elevated highway at Parking Lot C.
For fares, routes and schedules, visit the Prague Airport website.
Car rental desks are located on the ground floor of Parking C. The following agencies operate onsite: Avis, Budget, Czechocar, Dvořák, Europcar, Hertz, Rent Plus and Sixt.
See Airport Hotels above.
Taxi service counters are located in the Arrivals Halls of Terminals 1 and 2. Taxis are readily available just outside of the exits. Taxi Praha and Fix Taxi are the official airport taxi operators.
Train and Airport Express
Czech Railways and Prague Airport now offer passengers reduced prices to the airport and back home via a domestic line from any connected location in the Czech Republic. Transport between the Prague Main Railway Station and the airport (and vice versa) is provided by the Airport Express shuttle bus free of charge. For more information and details on how to take advantage of the deal, visit the Prague Airport website.
Last updated: 2020-06-17
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.