Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Prague Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To cuddle up behind one of the pillars in the main hall works perfectly.. I always sleep like a child. -Simon
PRG Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Prague Václav Havel Airport.
What to Expect
Prague Airport (code: PRG) has four terminals, though most passengers will see only the public Terminals 1 and 2. Concourses A and B in Terminal 1 are dedicated to non-Schengen destinations. Concourses C and D in Terminal 2 service Schengen zone destinations. Both terminals are easy to navigate on foot.
As for amenities, you’ll find several restaurants and cafes, a range of shops, and a rest area in Terminal 2 that has seats and footrests. A few eateries are open 24 hours. Pass the time with free, unlimited WiFi. Economy class passengers can pay to enter a few airport lounges, plus a Rest and Fun Center, and most have shower facilities. See Airport Lounges in the guide below for locations and access information.
Sleeping in Prague Airport
You cYou certainly won’t be the only overnight camper here, just be prepared for security guards to check your ID and boarding pass – otherwise you’ll be asked to leave. Seating is plentiful airside, though most is equipped with armrests. For more comfort, try the area between Gates C12 and C29 where a reviewer mentions there’s a carpeted area with armchairs and beanbags. There are also Relax Zones located in both terminals, equipped with sofas and pillows plus plenty of charging points. Common complaints are cold temperatures and bright lights, so bring an extra layer and an eye mask. Explore our guide to sleeping in Prague Airport or read some traveller airport reviews for more tips. For uninterrupted sleep, hotels are located on and near airport grounds, and some offer shuttle service. See the Airport Hotels section below for more info.
To help us keep this guide up-to-date, you can add or update information or write a review to submit airport tips and photos. You can also visit the airport’s web site for current information. For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Prague Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. For more information on Europe’s Schengen Area, click here.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Mastercard Lounge – Location: Terminal 1, Airside, 1st Floor. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
- VIP Service Club Continental – Location: Terminal 1, Airside. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door – from CZK 5500 (1 person). Hours: 6:00AM – 12:00AM.
- Erste Premier Lounge – Location: Terminal 2, Airside, 2nd Floor. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
- Fast Track Lounge – Location: Terminal 2, Landside, 2nd Floor. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door – from CZK 1020 (1 person). Hours: 5:00AM – 10:00PM.
- Protocol Lounge – Location: Terminal 3, Airside. Conference lounge for business use. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door – from CZK 10,000 (1 hour). Hours: 6:00AM – 10:00PM.
Related Pages: Prague Airport Lounges
If sleeping in the airport sounds like a nightmare, there are hotels at Prague Airport:
- AeroRooms – Two Locations: Between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, Landside • Terminal 1, Airside, Departure Hall. Room Rates from CZK 1200 (single/double – 11:00AM to 5:00PM) and CZK 2400 (single/double – 6:00PM – 10:00AM). Showers are CZK 150 for 30 minutes (1 person). » Book a Room
- Courtyard Prague Airport – Located between Terminals 1 and 2. No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Ramada Airport Hotel – Located at Terminal 3. Free airport shuttle is available to/from Terminals 1 and 2. Shuttle Hours: 24-hours on request. Use the courtesy phone or call +420 220111250 to request a pick-up. » Check Rates
Hotels near the airport
Holiday Inn – Located 300 meters from Terminals 1 and 2, next to the Travel Service building. Free 24-hour airport shuttle is available upon request via hotel reception or free intercom near Exit D from both terminals. » Check Rates
For more options, visit Tripadvisor to see a list of hotels in Prague, search deals and read traveller reviews.
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Prague Airport. Connect to the “prg.aero-free” network.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- Post Office – Česká Pošta Location: Landside, in the connector between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Hours: 8:00AM – 6:00PM (Mon-Thurs) and 9:00AM – 2:00PM (Fri).
- SIM Cards – SIM cards can be purchased from the vending machine at the Vodafone store. Location: Terminal 2, Landside. Hours: 24 hours.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – Family rooms (located in both terminals) offer a peaceful and private environment away from the crowds, with microwaves, diaper changing facilities, baby cots, play areas and more. Changing tables are also available in most restrooms throughout the terminals. Pushchairss are available, free of charge, throughout the transit area, all the way to your gate! Pick one up behind Passport Control in Terminal 1 or behind security check, on the right side, in Terminal 2.
- Children’s Play Area – This airport does not skimp on the play areas! Slides, climbers, toys and more are available in the Playroom. Location: Terminal 1, Airside, behind Passport Control, on the left-hand side. Additionally, there are several Mini-playrooms designed for children ages 3 – 8 years old, with interactive toys and building blocks. Locations: Terminal 1, Airside, Gates A6-A9 / Gates B7-B9 / Gates B10-B18 • Terminal 2, Airside, Gates C9-C11 / Gate C15. Hours: All playrooms are open 24 hours. There are large-scale games such as ludo and chess for older children and adults. Location: Terminal 2, Landside. For kid-friendly shops, Hamleys is situated in Terminal 1 and the Lego Store within Terminal 2’s duty-free.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours: Bread & Co. Bistro Cafe (Terminal 2, Landside) • Costa Coffee (Terminal 1 Landside, Arrivals • Terminal 1, Airside, Departure Halls • Terminal 2, Airside, Pier D) • Restaurant Runway (Terminal 1, Landside, Arrivals • Terminal 1, Airside, Departure Halls).
- Drinking Water – Thirsty? Water fountains and water bottle filling stations can be found both Landside and Airside.
- Information Desk – Main desk location: Terminal 1, Landside, Arrivals Hall. Hours: Open 24 hours. Other information desks are located landside and airside in both terminals. Each terminal also offers a Visitor Center which may be of assistance.
- Travel Agencies – If you are arriving in Prague and need local arrangements or help planning a last minute trip abroad, there are a number of travel agencies with offices at the airport that can be of assistance. Alexandria, Blue Style and Coral Travel.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Rate: 120 CZK per luggage, per day. Locations: T2, near the baggage reclaim area Hours: Open 24 hours. T1, Landside, near Entrance A. Hours: Unknown.
- Luggage Wrapping – Protect your luggage and its valuables with shrink wrap. Two locations: Terminal 1, Landside, Departures Hall, near entry/exit A (Hours: 7:00AM – 8:00PM & 8:30PM – 12:00AM) • Terminal 2, Landside, Departures Hall, entry/exit D (Hours: 4:00AM – 7:00PM).
- Medical Center – Location: Landside, in the connecting corridor between the two Terminals. Doctors are on-hand to respond to emergency or health related issues. Hours: 24 hours.
- Pharmacy – Unavailable
- Mobile Charging – Both USB and power outlets are embedded under the seats throughout Terminals 1 and 2.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside, in the Arrival Halls of both terminals.
- Currency Exchange – ge offers services in both terminals. Locations: Terminal 1, Landside (Hours: 6:00AM – 11:00PM) • Terminal 1, Airside (Hours: Varies daily, mostly 8:15AM – 5:45PM) • Terminal 2, Landside (Hours: 6:00AM – 8:15PM) • Terminal 2, Airside (Hours: 7:15AM – 11:15PM).
- Prayer Rooms – An interfaith prayer room is available airside in Terminal 1.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Areas – The Relax Zone has comfortable seating, high-speed WiFi access, flight info display screens and many charging points. Locations: Terminal 1, Airside, before Pier B • Terminal 2, Airside, 1st floor, between Piers C and D.
@gutzanu on Twitter let us know that there are seats with footrests located airside near Gate A4.
Take precaution even when sleeping in the rest zones. In December 2019, a traveller at another airport reported that money and credit cards had been stolen from their bag even though the bag was right beside them. Protect and lock your bags as you would sleeping elsewhere in public.
- Duty Free & Shopping – A wide variety of duty-free and retail shops are available in the airport. The Aelia Duty Free Shop in Terminal 1 is open 24 hours.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – In Terminal 2, showers are located airside in Pier D, opposite the ERSTE Premier Lounge. Towel and key are available at the lounge for a deposit of €10. Showers are free of charge. Hours: 5:00AM – 10:00PM. Showers can also be found at most of the pay at the door lounges.
Other Airport Services
- Fast Track – Travelling within the Schengen Area and departing from Terminal 2? Book a FastTrack time slot via the Prague Airport website. Currently (November 2023) no fee will be charged as the service is being tested for use in other airports, booking is based on a first come first served basis.
Things to do & see
- Airport Tours – Find out what happens at the airport during a behind-the-scenes airport tour. Visit the rescue and fire station, dispatch areas, cargo zone, lounges and other passenger facilities. Reservations are required. Meeting Point: the tours start and end in Terminal 3 (the old terminal). Departure Time: see tour schedule here. Tour Duration: 2 hours. Rates: CZK 250 (1 adult).
- Museum – Watch documentaries and view large format photographs and maps in the museum. Location: Terminal 2, Landside, in front of the Observation Deck entrance. Rate: Free.
- Observation Deck – There are two viewing terraces available. Locations: Terminal 2, Landside, 2nd floor, near U Václava restaurant • Terminal 1, Airside, inside Runway Restaurant (not accessible during winter season).
- Reading Corners – Local and foreign language books/magazines and comfortable chairs are provided in two locations and are accessible 24 hours a day. Location: Terminal 1, Airside, near the Runway Restaurant • Terminal 1, Airside, near Gate C2.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Do you want to make the most of your stopover or long layover by getting out of the airport to do some sightseeing? Check out our Prague Airport Layover Sightseeing guide or explore Things to do in Prague on Tripadvisor.
Prague airport is served by the following airlines: Aegean Airlines • Aer Lingus • airBaltic • Air Cairo • Air France • Air Malta • Air Montenegro • Air Serbia • Arkia • Austrian Airlines • Azerbaijan Airlines • Bluebird Airways • British Airways • Brussels Airlines • Bulgaria Air • China Airlines • Corendon Airlines • Croatia Airlines • Cyprus Airways • Czech Airlines • Delta Air Lines • EasyJet • Egypt Air • El Al • Emirates • Eurowings • Finnair • flydubai • flynas • FlyOne • Iberia • Icelandair • Israir Airlines • Jazeera Airways • KLM • Korean Air • LOT Polish Airlines • Lufthansa • Luxair • Norwegian Air Shuttle • Nouvelair • Pegasus Airlines • Play • Qatar Airways • Ryanair • Salam Air • Scandinavian Airlines • Smartwings • SunExpress • Swiss International Air Lines • TAP Portugal • TAROM • Transavia • Tunisair • Turkish Airlines • Uzbekistan Airways • Volotea • Vueling • Wizz Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The following bus services are available at Prague airport:
- Bus 119 runs a 15 minute journey between the airport and Nádraží Veleslavín metro station, for access to Metro Line A.
- Bus 100 runs an 18 minute journey between the airport and Zličín metro station, for access to Metro Line B.
- Bus 910 runs a 50 minute journey between the airport and I.P. Pavlova (night service only 10:00PM – 5:00AM).
- The Airport Express runs a 35 minute route between the airport and Prague’s main train station (Praha hlavní nádraží), for access to Metro Line C and connections to numerous trains (SC, EC, IC and EN) and tram lines.
- Intercity luxury coaches are also available and pick up/drop off passengers at Terminal 1, under the elevated highway at Parking Lot C.
For fares, routes and schedules, visit the Prague Airport website.
Car rental desks are located on the ground floor of Parking Lot C. The following agencies operate onsite: Avis • Czechocar • CAR4WAY • Hertz • Rent Plus • SIXT.
See also Airport Hotels above.
Uber is the official airport ride-share service. Rides can be booked via the Uber app or at one of the self-service Uber kiosks inside the airport. Alternatively, there is a service counter with assistants. App users pick up taxis at point A and customers using other booking methods at point B. Both pick up points are clearly marked outside of the Arrivals Halls in both terminals.
Taxi service counters are located in the Arrivals Halls of Terminals 1 and 2. Taxis are readily available just outside of the exits. Taxi Praha and Fix Taxi are the official airport taxi operators.
Train and Airport Express
Czech Railways and Prague Airport now offer passengers reduced prices to the airport and back home via a domestic line from any connected location in the Czech Republic. Transport between the Prague Main Railway Station and the airport (and vice versa) is provided by the Airport Express shuttle bus free of charge. For more information and details on how to take advantage of the deal, visit the Prague Airport website.
Last updated: 2023-12-08
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, is subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers, and their websites. We are not representatives of any of the above-mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.