Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Praia Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Nelson Mandela Praia International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small and friendly single-terminal international airport with limited shopping and dining options.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Although no specific sleeping spot was mentioned, one reviewer spent a pleasant and hassle-free night on one of the benches available in the airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If sleeping in Praia Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Perola Hotel – (5 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available upon request ($). » Check Rates
- Residencial RosyMar Inn – (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Hotel Santa Maria – (7 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Praia Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Praia Airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: unknown.
Currency Exchange – Yes
Food & Drinks – Food is limited to a snack bar. Bring your own snacks!
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Shopping – Yes
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of February 2018, Praia airport is served by the following airlines: TAP Air Portugal • Royal Air Maroc • SATA • Brussels Airlines.
Intercity and Hertz have counters at the airport, near the Arrivals Hall.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.