Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Punta Arenas Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
when it got colder the cleaners did turn on a warm air vent. – Mike Wallace
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Punta Arenas Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny single-terminal international airport with limited, but clean facilities.
- Sleeping in this airport is common for travelers with early flight departures.
- Many benches and power outlets available
- A little noisy during the day, but peaceful and quiet at night
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s comfortable VIP lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Most reviewers report having a pleasant sleeping experience at this clean and quiet airport. One reviewer mentioned the quieter first floor as a preferable place for travelers to sleep. Another reviewer mentioned the 2nd floor cafe as a preferable spot to sleep, due to its ample floor space and power outlets.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Punta Arenas Airport does not appeal to you, are hotels near the airport:
- Hostal Ovejero – (20 minutes from the airport) An airport shuttle is available and waiting outside of arrivals ($). » Check Rates
- Hostal Terrasur – (20 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Hotel Carpa Manzano – (20 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. The hotel suggests a taxi for approximately $15.00USD each way. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Punta Arenas Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available from inside the airport restaurant.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: unknown.
Duty Free & Shopping – Local crafts, souvenirs, jewelry, and last minute items are available for purchase from a small variety of shops throughout the airport.
Food & Drinks – Sabor Magallanico offers full-service dining in the airport. Location: unknown.
Information Desk – Location: Landside, Main Hall. Hours: Open 24 hours.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of February 2018, Punta Arenas airport is served by the following airlines: Jet Smart • LAN.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
These car rental agencies are available onsite: Alamo • Emsa Rent a Car • Europcar • Hertz • Recasur.
Taxis and shared-ride transfer minibuses are available in the ground transportation area of the airport. As of this January 2018 update, a taxi ride to Punta Arenas (city center) is $10,000.00 (pesos).
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected]