Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Salvador Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
you can sleep at the first floor (terrasse) on the floor. the military police was cool with me, and all people work there too. – mathieu
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Salvador-Deputado Luís Eduardo Magalhães International Airport.
What to Expect
- A large, modern single-terminal international airport with clean facilities and a wide variety of shops and restaurants. 24-hour dining is available.
- Seating is sparse and uncomfortable.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Try the 3rd floor observation deck for a peaceful rest and beautiful runways views. Seats in the observation deck are uncomfortable, so be prepared with a sleeping bag or travel mat for added comfort while sleeping on the hard granite floor.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If sleeping in Salvador Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Ibis Salvador Aeroporto Hangar – (5 minutes from the airport) The hotel provides free transfers from the airport to the hotel upon request. Transfers from the hotel to the airport cost BRL 15. Service is available daily from 8:00AM – 9:00PM. » Check Rates
- Novotel Salvador Hangar Aero – (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle departs every 30 mins to/from the airport. No need to book. To find the shuttle, head to the ground floor (postal/lottery store exit door). Service is provided daily between 8:00AM – 9:00PM. » Check Rates
- Pousada Salvador Paradise – (7 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle available for 25,00 Reais each way (stays of 5 nights or more get free airport transfers). » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Salvador Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Salvador Airport. Connect to the ”Infraero WI-FI Gratis” network.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Machines are operated by Banco 24 Horas • Bancos Bradesco • HSBC • Itaú • Unibanco S.A • Santander. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside, Main Hall.
Currency Exchange – Confidence – Location: Landside – Hours: Open 24 hours / Gradual Turismo – Location: Landside. Hours: 6:00AM – 10:00PM.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available as well as a large selection of shops, most of which are located Airside.
Food & Drinks – At the time of this update there were a variety of food concessions at the airport including a few that are open 24 hours.
Hairdresser – Hair and beauty services are available if you want to look your best for your flight. Location: Departures floor. Hours: unknown.
Information Desk – Need help finding your way? An information desk can be found on the arrivals floor. Hours: unknown.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Luggage Wrapping – Prote Bag, located in the departures floor, landside, offers luggage wrapping services. Cost of service is unknown.
Medical Services – If you require medical attention, there is a Medical Center, on the Arrivals Level. Hours: unknown.
Pharmacy – Farmacia Santana. Departures Floor. Hours: unknown.
Post Office – Send out our last-minute post cards from the post office. Location: on the arrivals floor. Hours: unknown.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Shoeshine – Your shoes looking a bit rough? Get a shoeshine! Location: departures floor. Hours: unknown.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of February 2018, Salvador airport is served by the following airlines: Air Europa • Avianca • Condor • LATAM • SATA International • Trip • American Airlines • Azul • GOL • Passaredo • TAP Portugal • Varig.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Salvador Airport is served by several local city buses, which pick up and drop off passengers behind the airport parking lot located opposite the Arrivals Hall exit. Another option is the Linha Verde executive buses, which go to Praia do Forte, or the “First Class” luxury buses, which run between the airport and Praça da Sé.
These car rental agencies operate on the ground floor of the passenger terminal: Hertz • Localiza • Movida • Unidas.
Executive minibuses offer an economical shared-ride service that runs between the airport and the Praça da Sé, stopping at several desirable beach destinations and “Shopping Barra” mall along the way. Minibuses depart about every 20 minutes from behind the airport parking lot that is located in front of the Arrivals Hall exit.
“Executive taxis” (prepaid flat-rate taxis) are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. Stop at the taxi booth in the Arrivals hall to pay for your ride. You will receive a ticket to give to your taxi driver before boarding the taxi. A second option are the metered “normal taxis”, also available in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.