Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our San Pedro Sula Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
The worst part? They play crappy music all night. – jumah_kw
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Ramón Villeda Morales International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, newly-built single-terminal international airport with clean facilities and a limited selection of reasonably-priced shops and restaurants. Tasty snacks and coffee are available 24 hours!
- A safe, clean and comfortable atmosphere with perfect ambient temperature in the terminal.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Many travelers overnight here, and the food court area is where they all sleep. There are only a few comfortable leather chairs and power outlets available in that area, so try to snag a chair and a spot near an outlet as soon as you can! Sleeping on the floor is perfectly fine here too, so have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy for added comfort.
- Have your passport ready to show airport security when they come around to check for it.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in San Pedro Sulas Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Aparthotel Villa Nuria – (10 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle available upon request. » Check Rates
- Metrotel Express – (12 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle available. The hotel can arrange a taxi pick-up (driver will have a sign with your name on it) Cost is approx. $15.00 paid to the driver. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near San Pedro Sula Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free Wi Fi is available at San Pedro Sula Airport. Connect to the “Rentocell” Network.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Location: unknown.
Currency Exchange – Foreign exchange services are available on the main level.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available as well as a small selection of shops selling souvenir type items.
Food & Drinks -According to a review sent to us in March 2017, 24-hour food options are available at Wendy’s and the Skymart Kiosk located in the food court (landside/public area of terminal).
Information Desk – Information is available at the Customer Service Desk. Hours and location: unknown.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of February 2019, San Pedro Sula airport is served by the following airlines: Aerolíneas Sosa • Aeroméxico • Air Europa • American Airlines • Avianca • CM Airlines • Copa • Delta • Spirit Airlines • United Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Car rentals are available at the airport. At the time of this February 2019 update, no further information is available.
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2019-02-15
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.