Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Seoul Gimpo Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Not allowed to stay in the airport after midnight, although the security was nice about kicking me out. – bruno
GMP Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Seoul Gimpo Airport.
What to Expect
The city’s secondary airport, Seoul Gimpo Airport (code: GMP) has two terminals: Domestic and International. Amenities include a variety of eateries and shops and free WiFi. Economy class passengers can pay to enter several airport lounges. See Airport Lounges in the guide below for location and access information.
Sleeping in Gimpo Airport
This airport closes nightly from 11:00PM until 5:00AM so overnight stays are not permitted. For uninterrupted sleep, nearby hotels offer free shuttle service. See our Airport Hotels section below for locations or read some traveller airport reviews for more tips.
To help us keep this guide up-to-date, you can add or update information or write a review to submit airport tips and photos. You can also visit the airport’s web site for current information. For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Seoul Gimpo Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. For more information on Europe’s Schengen Area, click here.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Air Hue Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Landside, 4th Floor. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
- Sky Hub Lounge – Temporarily Closed – Location: International Terminal, Airside, International Departures, near Gate 35. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
If you are a First/Business Class or Elite status traveller you may have access to the lounges listed below. For more information, check the airline’s website.
- Asiana Lounge – Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, 4th Floor.
- KAL Lounge – Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, 4th Floor.
Related Pages: Gimpo Airport Lounges
If sleeping in the airport sounds like a nightmare, there are hotels near Seoul Gimpo Airport:
- Lotte City Hotel – 5-minute walk to the terminal. » Check Rates
For more options, visit Tripadvisor to see a list of hotels near Gimpo Airport that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Seoul Gimpo Airport. There is also an internet zone located in the International Terminal 2F. Rates are not known.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- Post Office – Send out your last minute postcards. Location: domestic terminal, 1F. Hours: 9:00AM – 6:00PM.
- SIM Cards – A reader has asked us to include where to buy SIM Cards. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – Travelling with an infant? Baby care facilities can be found in these locations: International Terminal 4F (Hours: 6:00AM – 11:00PM) • Domestic Terminal 3F (Hours: 6:00AM – 11:00PM).
- Stroller Rentals – The Information Desk (1st or 2nd Floor) can assist you with stroller rentals, bring your ID with you.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – At the time of this update, there were no 24-hour food concessions available at this airport. You will find plenty of options to choose from. Hours: vary but most are open from at least 6:00AM – 10:00PM.
- Information Desk – Location: International Terminal, 1F, landside (hours: 7:00AM – 11:00PM) • International Terminal 2F, landside (hours: 6:00AM – 8:00PM).
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Location: International Terminal, 1F, landside. (Hours: 6:20AM – 9:30PM) • Domestic Terminal, 1F, landside (Hours: 6:00AM – 9:30PM). Cost ranges from 5,000 to 10,000 KRW for 24 hours, depending on luggage size.
- Medical Services – A Medical Clinic can be found in the International Terminal, on 4F. Hours: 9:00AM – 6:00PM (emergencies) and 9:00AM – 5:00PM (treatments).
- Pharmacy – International Airport Pharmacy – International Terminal, 3F (Hours: 7:00AM – 6:30PM). Well Being Pharmacy – Domestic Terminal, 3F (Hours: 6:30M – 8:30PM).
- Mobile Charging – Both paid and free mobile charging options are available. Location and rates: Unknown.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Domestic and International Terminals.
- Currency Exchange – There are banks and foreign exchange kiosks in both the Domestic and International Terminals.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Several duty free shops are available in the International Terminal, both landside and airside. A CU Convenience Store is available in 1F (Hours: 6:00AM – 10:30PM and a 7/11 is available in 3F (Hours: 6:00AM – 9:30PM).
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Not available.
- Smoking – Smoking is permitted in designated smoking areas/lounges throughout the airport.
Things to do & see
- Airport Observatory and Exhibition – Free exhibition and observatory. Location: 6th floor of the Korea Airports Corporation. Hours: 10AM – 5PM (Tue-Sun).
The airport is open 5:00AM – 11:00PM. It is not possible to stay overnight. You will be asked to leave the airport.
Seoul Gimpo airport is served by the following airlines: Air Busan • Air China • Air New Zealand • All Nippon Airways • Asiana Airlines • China Airlines • China Eastern Airlines • China Southern Airlines • Eastar Jet • Jeju Air • Jin Air • Korean Air • Japan Airlines • Tway Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Local city buses access the GMP airport, offering service to major transit stations. If you’re willing to pay a little extra, you can ride a comfy limousine bus, which provides door-to-door service between the airport and major hotels and destinations in Seoul. Ticket sellers in the Arrivals Hall can direct you to the bus going to your hotel or destination.
Avis, Kuhmo Rent-a-Car and Pacific Rent-a-Car offer car rental services onsite.
See also Airport Hotels above.
Inter-Terminal Shuttle Bus
The airport offers a free shuttle bus which carries travellers throughout the airport grounds (Domestic to International Terminals, parking lots, etc.). The service is available from 9:00AM – 11:00PM with shuttles running every 5 minutes during peak times (15 minutes during off-peak times).
Lines 5 and 9 access Gimpo Airport, offering economical transportation to and from the city of Seoul. The A’Rex (“airport train”) line links Gimpo to Incheon Airport and Seoul Station, where connections are available to KTX high-speed trains.
Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area. This is the most expensive mode of transportation for travelling to and from Gimpo Airport. To see the average fares, visit the Seoul Gimpo Airport website.
Last updated: 2022-10-28
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.