Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Skiathos Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
But the worst is the roof which is in a glass dome. Well you can imagine the heat. -lynzpower
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Skiathos Alexandros Papadiamantis Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal airport, served mainly by seasonal international flights. Shopping and dining options are minimal and very pricey.
- Ineffective air-conditioning and uncomfortable seating, making for a very hot and uncomfortable wait.
- During peak travel times, the airport seems ill-equipped to handle the amount of passengers that travel through. Seating and bathroom stalls can seem scarce!
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If sleeping in Skiathos Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Stellina Hotel – (15 minute walk or 2 minute drive from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Ifigenia Hotel – (3 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Skiathos Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Information not available
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Not available.
Duty Free & Shopping – Yes
Food & Drinks – At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour food and beverage concessions available at this airport. There are two bars. Hours of operation and location unknown.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Medical Services – Yes
Postal Services – Drop off your last minute postcards at the airport’s post office. Locations: unknown.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 9:00AM – 2:00PM (Mon, Wed, Thu, Sun) • CLOSED (Tue) • 11:15AM – 4:15PM (Fri) • 9:00AM – 3:00PM (Sat ). These hours are valid 30-Oct-2016 to 25-Mar-2017.
As of February 2018, Skiathos airport is served by the following airlines: Lufthansa • Turkish Airlines • Emirates.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Hertz offers car rental services onsite.
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. There are no meters, so negotiate a fare with the driver before starting your journey.
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.