Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Sochi Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
The airport is incredibly poorly managed, the food is overpriced, the taxi-drivers impossible to be rid of, the transportation getting there very difficult… – tashore14
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Sochi International Airport.
What to Expect
- A large three-level, single-terminal international airport with a small variety of shops and restaurants, including some 24-hour options!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2019 we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Business Lounge – Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor, Sector B. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door. [ more lounge info ]
- International Business Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor, Sector C. Showers are availble. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door. [ more lounge info ]
If sleeping in Sochi Airport does not appeal to you, these are some of the closest hotels to the airport:
- Sochi Airport Hotel – (4 min drive / 10 minute walk from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Hotel Cube – (7 minute walk from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Amosov’s House – (4 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Papaya Park Hotel – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Sochi Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available throughout the terminal at Sochi airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Machines operated by Bank Soyuz, Sberbank and VTN 24. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: 1st and 2nd Floor in Sectors A,B and C. The Sberbank machines also allow foreign currency exchange into Rubles.
Baby Care Facilities – A Mother and Child Room is available for mothers travelling with infants. The room includes all the comforts needed such as baby cots, change tables, fridge and chairs/sofas for relaxing. Location: Floor 2, Sector B. Hours: 24 hours a day. Note – you must obtain a medical clearance certificate from the First Aid office before access is granted.
Currency Exchange – Available at the Sberbank in several locations. Hours: 24 hours.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available is available and open 24 hours. The airport also offers a good variety other shops to pass the time.
Food & Drinks – There are restaurants and coffee shops available. The following are concessions are open 24 hours a day: Baboushka Canteen (Floor 1, Sector C) • Buratinos (Floor 2, Sector B) • Grenki Pub (Floor 2, Sector B) • Shokoladnitsa (Floor 2, Sector A) • Shokoladnitsa (Patio).
Information Desk – Yes, available.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – We have conflicting information about the availability of luggage storage. The airport advertises luggage storage on their web site, but a reader (January 2019) tells us it no longer available. The information we have indicates it is located on the first floor, Sector C. Hours: 24/7. Rates: 300 Rubles per item for 1st day of storage (or part thereof) and 50 Rubles each additional day. If you can confirm this information, click here to update this airport guide.
Luggage Wrapping – Pack & Fly operates 24h. Rate: 500 rubles per item.
Medical Services – A First Aid Station provides services, 24/7. Location: Second Floor, Sector B.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Pharmacy – Factor-Farma. Location, Floor 2, Sector B. Hours: 9:00AM – 9:00PM.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Showers are available inside the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
Smoking – Smoking is prohibited anywhere inside the airport.
Spa – Spa Express offers services such as manicures and massages. Location: Floor 2, Sector B. Hours: 24 hours.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of February 2019, Sochi airport is served by the following airlines: Aeroflot • Alrosa • Azur Air • Belavia • Diamonds of Rossiya-Sacka • Gazpromavia • Globus • Grozny Air • Iraero • Izhavia • Krasavia • Mahan Air • Nordavia • Nordstar • Norwind • Pegas Fly • Pioneer • Pobeda • Qeshm Air • Red Wings Airlines • Rossiya • Rotana Jet • RusLine • S7 Airlines • Saratov Airlines • SCAT • Severstal • Skybus Airlines • Turkish Airlines • Ural Airlines • Utair • UVT Aero • Uzbekistan Airways • Vim Airlines • Yakutiya.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
- Coach – SkyBus eco-buses offer a comfortable and convenient way (ample rooms for skis and oversized luggage) to travel between the airport and popular resort areas. SkyBus route “Sochi Airport – Krasnaya Polyana” connects from the airport to resorts in Gorki Gorod, Laura, and Rosa Khutor. Buses run according to flight arrivals and departures, and at the time of this February 2019 update, charge 400 RUB per adult for a one-way ticket.
- Local – The airport is well connected to the city via the public transportation system. For routes and schedules, visit the Sochi Airport website.
These car rental agencies offer service onsite: Avis • Europcar • Rentmotors • Sochi Rent-a-Car.
A variety of economy and luxury prepaid fixed-rate taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. Stop at the taxi booth in the Arrivals hall to pay for your ride. You will receive a ticket to give to your taxi driver before boarding the taxi.
Last updated: 2019-02-20
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.