Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Split Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
the Toilets are the best toilets I ever seen in my life, beautiful and clean made from granite benches. -Mark
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Split Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but modern single-terminal airport, served mainly by seasonal international flights. The airport’s facilities are clean and attractive, and a limited variety of shops and restaurants are available.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- According to one reviewer, power outlets can be found throughout the terminal, but many of them were not working.
- Have a travel blanket or a sweater handy to stay warm in the intensely air-conditioned terminal.
Where to Sleep
- On the 1st floor, there is a marble bench that runs along the entire window wall. It’s not comfortable, but it’s not the floor either. Have a sleeping bag or travel mat and blanket handy for added comfort!
- Expect to be approached by security and asked to present your ID and ticket/boarding pass. One reviewer mentioned that security actually helped them find a nice spot to spend the night.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Business Lounge – Location: unknown. Lounge Access: the lounge is accessible to business class passengers. Contact your airline.
If sleeping in Split Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Stafileo Hotel – (4 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Hotel Adria – (4 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Split Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
It is not known if WiFi is available; however, there is an internet corner located centre hall, Landside.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside only.
Baby Care Facilities – Baby change facilities are available on the lower level and 1st Floor of the airport.
Bank – Splitska Bank. Hours: 6:00AM – 1:00PM / 2:00PM – 9:00PM.
Currency Exchange – A currency booth can be found near the front entrance. There is also bank that may be of assistance.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available at the airport as well as a mini-market selling souvenirs and convenience type items.
Food & Drinks – There are no food concessions on the lower or ground level; however, the 1st Floor offers 3 cafe/bars and 2 restaurants Hours: Not known.
Information Desk – Need help finding your way? An information desk can be found in the central hall. Hours: unknown.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Observation Deck – Relax and watch planes taking off and landing from the vantage point of the airport’s observation deck. Location: on the 1st Floor, behind the restaurants.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open from 6:00AM to 10:00PM.
As of February 2018, Split airport is served by the following airlines: Eurowings • SAS • Croatia Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
City bus route 37 and 38 have stops close the airport and will provide connections to Split, Trogir and Kastel Stari. For fares, routes and schedules, visit the Promet Split website.
Airport shuttle buses deliver passengers from the airport to the railway station and vice versa. For fares, routes and schedules, visit the Pleso Prijevoz website
Split Airport is served by many car rental agencies, including the following: Avis • Budget • Europcar • Hertz • Oryx • Thrifty / Dollar
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.