Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our St. Petersburg Pulkovo Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I’ve encountered nice soft benches in arrivals section – they are quite distant from the exit doors, there’s a lot of them – a traveller
LED Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at St. Petersburg Pulkovo Airport.
What to Expect
The new Terminal 1 at St. Petersburg Pulkovo Airport (code: LED) opened in 2013 and currently handles domestic and international traffic. A smaller terminal, under construction, will serve domestic routes. Amenities include a variety of eateries and shops, including duty-free. For late-night snacks, check out McDonald’s and Burger, which stay open late. Free WiFi helps pass the time, but power outlets can be tricky to find. Economy class passengers can pay to enter several airport lounges, some of which have showers for freshening up. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for location and access information.
Where to Sleep
Overnight sleepers describe an easy stay, particularly on Floor 2 where armrest-free seats are plentiful. Floor sleepers will have to look a little harder for a spot to stretch out. For uninterrupted sleep, the in-terminal capsule hotel rents 13 pods by the hour and a hotel is connected to the terminal by a covered walkway. Other nearby hotels offer shuttle service. If you’ve visited recently, write a review to help future travellers! See our Airport Hotels section below for more info.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, all services and times listed below are subject to change. In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Aeroflot Lounge – Location: multiple locations in Terminal 1. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
Passes Business Lounge (Domestic) – Location: Terminal 1, Airside, 3rd Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
Passes Business Lounge (International) – Location: Terminal 1, Airside, 4th Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
SNG Lounge – Location: Pulkovo 1, Airside, Sector B. Level 1 – International Departures, near Gate 11. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (652 RUR).
AviaPanorama Business Lounge – Location: Pulkovo 1, Airside, Sector B, Level 3 – Domestic Departures. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (1,652 RUR).
Moskva Lounge – Location: Pulkovo 1, Airside, Sector V, Level 1 – Domestic Departures. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (1,652 RUR).
Pulkovo Lounge – Location: Pulkovo 2, Airside, Arrivals Hall. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (1,652 RUR).
If sleeping in Pulkovo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
At Airport Park Inn by Radisson Pulkovo St. Petersburg Airport – Connected to Terminal 1 via covered walkway. Shuttle Hours: 7:30AM – 11:00PM, departs every hour.» Check Rates
Near Airport Crowne Plaza St Petersburg Airport – (8 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle. Shuttle Hours: 6:00AM – 11:35PM, every 30 – 60 minutes depending on the time of day. Airport pick-up location: the first lane, opposite the arrival hall.» Check Rates
Near Airport Airport Pulkovo Hotel – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.» Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Pulkovo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at St Petersburg Pulkovo Airport.
- Postal Services – Drop off your last minute postcards at the airport’s post office. Locations: Landside, on the second floor.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – Baby change facilities are located landside and airside on every floor.
- Children’s Play Area – 2 play areas can be found on the 3rd floor, international departures.
- Mother and Child Room – Includes all the comforts needed such as baby cots, change tables, fridge and chairs/sofas for relaxing. Location: 2nd Floor. Hours: 24 hours a day. Note – you must obtain a medical clearance certificate from the First Aid office before access is granted.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – While food concessions are available Landside and Airside, we have no information whether there are any 24-hour options.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Short and long term storage is available. Location: 1st Floor. Rates: 600 RUB for first 24 hours and 300 RUB thereafter.
- Luggage Trolleys – Need a hand with your bags? Free trolleys are available throughout the airport.
- Luggage Wrapping – Protect your bags from theft and damage by having your bags wrapped in plastic. Location: Unknown. Hours: 24 Hours. Rates: 600 RUB per piece.
- Medical Services – If you feel unwell or injure yourself, a medical center can be found Location: 2nd Floor. Hours: 24 hours.
- Pharmacy – Healthy People operates 3 locations: 1st Floor Arrivals • 3rd Floor Departures • 2nd Floor Domestic Departures.
- Mobile Charging – Recharge your mobile devices, outlets are available on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Floors.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Location: on every level.
- Banking Services – A full service bank is at the airport. Location: Landside, 1st Floor, near Baggage Claim Area. Hours: Unknown.
- Currency Exchange – Foreign currency services are available. Location: Landside, 3rd Floor, International Baggage Claim Area. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Chapel – An Orthodox Chapel is available on the 2nd Floor. Hours: unknown.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available as well as a variety of shops including a StopExpress selling food and snack items located Landside (arrivals).
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Showers are available inside a few of the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
The airport is open 24 hours.
St. Petersburg Pulkovo airport is served by the following airlines:Aeroflot • Air Astana • airBaltic • Air France • Air Moldova • Alrosa • Avia • Azerbaijan Airlines • Azimuth • Belavia Airlines • British Airways • Brussels Airlines • Buta Airways • China Eastern • China Southern • Czech Airlines • Emirates • Finnair Georgian Airways • Hainan Airlines • I-Fly • IrAero • Iran Air • Izhavia • KLM • Komiaviatrans • Kostroma Airlines • LOT • Lucky Air • Lufthansa • Nordavia • Nordstar • Nordwind • Pobeda • Pskovavia • Qatar Airways • Red Wings • Rossiya • RusLine • S7 Airlines • Scandinavian Airlines • Severstal Air Company • Sichuan Airlines • Smartwings • Somon Air • SunExpress • Swiss International • Taban Air • Tunisair • Turkish Air • Turkmenistan Airlines • Ural Airlines • Utair • UVT Aero • Uzbekistan • Vologda Aviation Enterprise • Vueling • Wizz Air • Yakutia Airlines • Yamal Airlines • Zagros Airlines.
Bus and Minivan
City buses 39 and 39Ex offer service between the airport and Moskovskaya metro station. If your load is light, you can travel at a fraction of the price of a taxi by taking a “marshrutka” (shared-ride minibus). Marshrutka K39 also travels to/from Moskovskaya metro station.
These car rental agencies serve the airport onsite: Avis • Europcar • Hertz • Sixt • Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg Airport • Park Inn By Radisson Pulkovskaya.
Prepaid taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area. Stop at the Taxi Pulkovo (official airport taxi) counters on the 1st floor of the Arrivals hall to pay for your ride. You will receive a ticket to give to your taxi driver before boarding the taxi.
Last updated: 2020-06-17
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.