Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Subang Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Subang Airport.
What to Expect
- This is Kuala Lumpur’s secondary international airport, with mostly regional connections.
- All passenger flights currently operate from SkyPark Terminal (formerly Terminal 3), which underwent recent renovation and expansion, and re-opened in 2009. The former Terminal 2 may be under construction to bring it more in line with the design of T3; it’s unclear if this is project is complete.
- Most food and drink options are located Airside.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of July 2016, we did not have any reviews from travellers who attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a Review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are a couple hotels near the airport, and one provides airport shuttle service. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter the following lounge at Subang airport through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Subang Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- The Saujana Hotel Kuala Lumpur – (10 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle services are available upon request, prices range depending on vehicle but start at MYR 190.80 each way. Notes: between hours of 11:PM and 6:00AM a 50% premium applies and a credit card is required to book transportation. » Check Rates
- Roof Garden Hotel – (14 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Subang Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Subang Airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Machines are operated by Maybank and CIMB. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans.Locations: Airside, between G6 and G7, and G18.
Baggage Trolleys – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage trolleys are available.
Currency Exchange – Adcrew Money Changer provides services at the airport. Location: M10.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free shops are located at G34 and G26. Additionally, there are a number of other shops located throughout the terminals, selling chocolate, souvenirs, jewelry etc.
Food & Drink – At the time of writing, no 24-hour options are available. Most of the restaurants are located airside near the gates.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Medical Services – Clinic Sky Medic is located at M19.
Pharmacy – Pill Box Pharmacy – Location: Airside, G31
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Spa – Head to the Best Friend Foot Massage & Health Therapy for spa services. Location: KG3-B.
Information not available. If you know the hours, please email us at [email protected] and we will update the guide.
As of February 2018, Subang airport is served by the following airlines: Firefly.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Car rentals are available in the arrivals hall. All rentals are provided by Hertz.
SkyPark shuttle buses are available to connect you to Kuala Lumpur Sentral and Kuala Lumpur International Airport. For more information, visit the Subang Airport website.
The Transport Facility Counter organizes taxis with both budget and executive taxi companies. The counter is located in the arrivals hall.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.