Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Svalbard Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
We came there around 23h and it was pretty easy to find a couch to try to get some rest. – a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Svalbard Airport.
What to Expect
- A small and remote single-terminal airport with regional and seasonal international flight service.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Due to the irregular hours of operation, your chances of be allowed to spend the night here are not good.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If sleeping in Svalbard Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Radisson Blu Polar Hotel Spitsbergen Longyear – (10 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle available for NOK 60 per person, one way.» Check Rates
- Basecamp Hotel Spitsbergen – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.» Check Rates
- Svalbard Hotel – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.» Check Rates
- Coal Miner’s Cabins – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.» Check Rates
- Spitsbergen Hotel – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.» Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Svalbard Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Svalbard Airport for 2 hours. Connect to the “Airport Free WiFi” network. Simply log in again after your 2 hours expires. Alternatively you can pay for an upgraded service.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Not available.
Food & Drinks – The airport offers a snack bar. Location: unknown.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free shopping is available as well as one souvenir shop.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport hours are 10:00AM – 4:00PM.
As of February 2018, Svalbard Longyear airport is served by the following airlines: SAS • KLM • Norwegian.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Arctic Autorrent offers car rental services onsite.
Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. A one-way journey between the airport and city center takes only five minutes.
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.