Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Tampa Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
The ticket agent was like: ‘Hey you are the one with the Spongebob Pajama pants on! A t.v. reporter came through. You were on the news earlier! They were going to interview you but did not want to wake you.’ -Matthew
TPA Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Tampa International Airport.
What to Expect
Tampa Airport (Code: TPA) is a medium-sized airport with an efficient hub-and-spoke layout: the Main Terminal is the hub, and four terminals (A, C, E, and F) comprise the spokes. Each terminal has its own food court, shops, and gate areas. The SkyConnect automated monorail connects the Main Terminal with parking garages and rental car areas. Once inside, you’ll find a selection of local and well-known eateries and shops, with a landside Starbucks open 24 hours. WiFi is free and unlimited. Economy class travellers who would like to upgrade their airport experience can pay to enter a few of the airport lounges. See Airport Lounges in the guide below for locations and access information.
Sleeping in Tampa Airport
The airport is generally friendly to overnight sleepers. Seek out hidden corners on Floor 3 for some peace and quiet. Overall, there’s a decent amount of seats, but most have armrests. If you prefer to spread out, at least the floor is carpeted. Explore our guide to sleeping in Tampa Airport or read some airport reviews for more tips. For uninterrupted sleep, a hotel is located inside the Main Terminal and other nearby hotels offer free shuttle service. See Airport Hotels in the guide below for more info.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, all services and times listed below are subject to change. Some services and facilities may remain closed or operate with reduced hours. Airport tips and suggestions in this guide and elsewhere on the site were written before March 2020 and may no longer be valid. If you are planning to sleep in the public area of the terminal overnight, have a back-up plan! We’ve heard from a few travellers at other airports and they were not permitted to stay overnight. We’re not sure if that will apply to this airport, until a reader lets us know the current situation. If you have some time to spare please write a review, send a tip or share photos to help future travellers.
For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Tampa Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Nearest Hotel: Inside the Airport
Sleep Cabins or Pods: No
Day Rooms: No
Nearby Hotels with Free Shuttles: Yes
When the prospect of sleeping on the floor or in a chair isn’t really doing it for you, there is some good news for those of you who are looking to sleep at Tampa Airport in comfort. If you are on a layover, you will have to pass through immigration/security, but there is an onsite hotel. A number of nearby hotels can be found within a 10-minute drive by free airport shuttle.
Inside Airport Marriott Tampa Airport – Located inside of the main terminal and accessible from the Transfer Level. No airport shuttle is available, but the hotel provides bellman service from baggage claim to the hotel. » Check Rates
Hotels near Tampa Airport with free shuttle
- Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa Airport Avion Park Westshore » Check Rates
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Tampa Airport – Westshore » Check Rates
- La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Tampa Bay Airport » Check Rates
- Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore » Check Rates
- TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore/Airport » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Tampa Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
American Airlines Admirals Club – Location: Airside, Concourse F, Gate 85. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door with proof of American Airlines ticket • Lounge membership programs.
Airline Lounges (members only)
Delta Sky Club – Location: Concourse E , Airside, Gate 68. Lounge Access: Elite Status • Lounge membership programs.
USO Lounge – The USO offers a lounge that is free of charge to active members of the US military and their families. Location: Level 2, Ticketing Level – near the British Airways Ticket Counter.
Free WiFi is available at Tampa Airport.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. Starbucks is open 24 hours (Landside, Main Terminal, Level 3, Transfer Level).
- Information Desk – Location: Near the escalators on the North and South ends of Level 3, Main Terminal. Hours: 5:00AM – 11:30PM. Airport Ambassadors can be spotted throughout the airport to offer travellers assistance.
- Traveler’s Aid – Traveler’s Aid is a non-profit organization that assists stranded and distressed passengers. Volunteers assist passengers with general airport and destination queries to assisting with situations such as transportation assistance, lost or stolen money, wiring money, emergency housing, etc. Location: Main Terminal, Level 3, next to “F” monorail. Hours: 9:00AM – 7:00PM (Mon – Wed) • 9:00AM – 4:00PM (Thurs – Sun).
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
- Mobile Charging – Power outlets have been built into some seating.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside and Airside.
- Banking Services – SunTrust Bank has a full-service branch in the Tampa Airport Marriott. Hours: 10:00AM – 2:00PM (Mon-Wed), 10:00AM – 4:00PM (Thurs,Fri)
- Currency Exchange – Travelex has a currency exchange kiosk in the Main Terminal, Level 3 Transfer Level. Hours: 7:00AM – 8:00PM. A Travelex currency exchange ATM located in Airside F is accessible 24 hours a day.
- Chapel – Location: Transfer Level
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is located in Airside E and F, the hours are not known. Landside (Main Terminal) you will find a Newslink open 24 hours selling newspapers, snacks, drinks, etc.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Massage – Make your way over to Rick’s Massage to unwind. Location: Inside Tampa Airport Marriott. Hours: 10:00AM – 7:00PM (Mon – Fri) • 10:00AM – 5:00PM (Sat).
- Showers – Not available.
- Spa – Services are available from the Terminal Getaway Spa. A location can be found in each airside concourse, as follows: Airside A. Hours: 7:30AM – 7:30PM • Airside C. Hours: 7:00AM – 9:00PM • Airside E. Hours: 7:30AM – 7:30PM • Airside F. Hours: 11:00AM – 3:00PM.
- Smoking – There are designated smoking areas in all airside terminals.
Other Airport Services
- Shoe Shine – Cole’s Shoe shines provides services in Concourse E. Hours: 7:00AM – 6:30PM.
Things to do & see
- Art in the Airport – Art exhibits and scheduled live music performances are available in the airport.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according to the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Tampa airport is served by the following airlines: Air Transat • Air Canada • Alaska Airlines • American Airlines • British Airways • Cayman Airways • Copa • Delta • Edelweiss Air • Frontier Airlines • Icelandair • JetBlue • Lufthansa • Norwegian • Silver Airways • Southern Airways Express • Southwest Airlines • Spirit Airlines • Sun Country • Swift Air • Swoop • United Airlines • WestJet • World Atlantic Airlines.
Tampa Airport is served by Hillsborough Area Regional Transit (HART) bus route 30. For route maps, schedules and fare information, visit the HART website.
Car rental services are available on-site and accessible with the SkyConnect train from the Main Terminal. Onsite car rental agencies include Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • Hertz • National • Payless • Sixt • Thrifty and more.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport • Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay • Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore • Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore • Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore • Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore • Homewood Suites Tampa Airport – Westshore • Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore • La Quinta Inn Tampa Bay Airport • Ramada Tampa Airport Westshore • Renaissance Tampa Hotel International Plaza • Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore • SpringHill Suites Tampa Westshore Airport • Tampa Marriott Westshore • TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore / Airport.
See Airport Hotels above.
SuperShuttle offers shared-ride, door-to-door shuttle service between the airport and destinations within Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco and Hernando Counties.
Taxis are available outside of the baggage claim area. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. Minimum fare for rides from the airport is $15. At the time of this update, a flat fare of $28 is available for rides to the cruise terminal and downtown Tampa.
Last updated: 2020-10-20
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.