Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Tampa Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
The ticket agent was like: ‘Hey you are the one with the Spongebob Pajama pants on! A t.v. reporter came through. You were on the news earlier! They were going to interview you but did not want to wake you.’ -Matthew
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us about their time at Tampa Airport.
What to Expect
Tampa Airport is a medium-sized airport with an efficient hub-and-spoke layout: the Main Terminal is the hub, and four terminals (A, C, E, and F) comprise the spokes. Each terminal has its own food court, shops, and gate areas. The SkyConnect automated monorail connects the Main Terminal with parking garages and rental car areas. Once inside, you’ll find a selection of local and well-known eateries and shops, with a landside Starbucks open 24 hours. WiFi is free and unlimited. Economy class travellers who would like to upgrade their airport experience can pay to enter a few of the airport lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and access information.
Where to Sleep
The airport is generally friendly to overnight sleepers. Seek out hidden corners on Floor 3 for some peace and quiet. Overall, there’s a decent amount of seats, but most have armrests. If you prefer to spread out, at least the floor is carpeted. For uninterrupted sleep, a hotel is located inside the Main Terminal and other nearby hotels offer free shuttle service. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
USO Lounge – The USO offers a lounge that is free of charge to active members of the US military and their families. Location: Level 2, Ticketing Level – near the British Airways Ticket Counter. [ more info ]
If sleeping in Tampa Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel inside the airport and more hotels near the airport:
Inside Airport Marriott Tampa Airport – Located inside of the main terminal and accessible from the Transfer Level. No airport shuttle is available, but the hotel provides bellman service from baggage claim to the hotel. » Check Rates
Near Airport Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa Airport – (3.6km from the airport) Free airport shuttle departs every 30 minutes. » Check Rates
Near Airport Homewood Suites Tampa Airport Westshore – (3.6km from the airport) Free airport shuttle departs every 30 minutes. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Tampa Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Tampa Airport.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. Starbucks is open 24 hours (Landside, Main Terminal, Level 3, Transfer Level).
- Information Desk – Location: Near the escalators on the North and South ends of Level 3, Main Terminal. Hours: 6:00AM – 12:30AM. Airport Ambassadors can be spotted throughout the airport to offer travellers assistance.
- Traveler’s Aid – Traveler’s Aid is a non-profit organization that assists stranded and distressed passengers. Volunteers assist passengers with general airport and destination queries to assisting with situations such as transportation assistance, lost or stolen money, wiring money, emergency housing, etc. Location: Main Terminal, Level 3, next to “F” monorail. Hours: 9:00AM – 7:00PM (Mon – Wed) • 9:00AM – 4:00PM (Thurs – Sun).
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
- Mobile Charging – Power outlets have been built into some seating.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside and Airside.
- Banking Services – SunTrust Bank has a full-service branch in the Tampa Airport Marriott. Hours: 10:00AM – 2:00PM (Mon-Wed), 10:00AM – 4:00PM (Thurs,Fri)
- Currency Exchange – Travelex has a currency exchange kiosk in the Main Terminal, Level 3 Transfer Level. Hours: 7:00AM – 8:00PM. A Travelex currency exchange ATM located in Airside F is accessible 24 hours a day.
- Chapel – Location: Transfer Level
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – Not available.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is located in Airside E and F, the hours are not known. Landside (Main Terminal) you will find a Newslink open 24 hours selling newspapers, snacks, drinks, etc.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Massage – Make your way over to Rick’s Massage to unwind. Location: Inside Tampa Airport Marriott. Hours: 10:00AM – 7:00PM (Mon – Fri) • 10:00AM – 5:00PM (Sat).
- Showers – Not available.
- Spa – Services are available from the Terminal Getaway Spa. A location can be found in each airside concourse, as follows: Airside A. Hours: 11:00AM – 3:00PM • Airside C. Hours: 7:00AM – 9:00PM • Airside E. Hours: 7:30AM – 7:30PM • Airside F. Hours: 11:00AM – 3:00PM.
- Smoking – There are designated smoking areas in all airside terminals.
Things to do & see
- Art in the Airport – Art exhibits and scheduled live music performances are available in the airport.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
As of March 2018, Tampa airport is served by the following airlines: Alaska Airlines • Air Canada • American Airlines • British Airways • Cayman Airways • Copa • Delta • Edelweiss Air • Frontier Airlines • Icelandair • JetBlue • Lufthansa • Silver Airways • Southwest Airlines • Spirit Airlines • Sun Country • Swift Air • United Airlines • WestJet • World Atlantic Airlines
Tampa Airport is served by Hillsborough Area Regional Transit (HART) bus route 30. For route maps, schedules and fare information, visit the HART website.
Car rental services are available in the Red and Blue baggage claim areas. Onsite car rental agencies include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty. The following car rental agencies offer free shuttle service to their nearby off-site locations: Ace, Carl’s Van Rentals, Executive, FOX, Payless, Sixt and Zipcar.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport • Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay • Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore • Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore • Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore • Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore • Homewood Suites Tampa Airport – Westshore • Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore • La Quinta Inn Tampa Bay Airport • Ramada Tampa Airport Westshore • Renaissance Tampa Hotel International Plaza • Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore • SpringHill Suites Tampa Westshore Airport • Tampa Marriott Westshore • TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore / Airport.
SuperShuttle offers shared-ride, door-to-door shuttle service between the airport and destinations within Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco and Hernando Counties.
Taxis are available outside of the baggage claim area. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. Minimum fare for rides from the airport is $15. At the time of this January 2018 update, a flat fare of $25 is available for rides to the cruise terminal and downtown Tampa.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.