Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Trapani Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
no one (excluding flies) bothered us and we could have a really good night. -Wanderlust
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Vincenzo Florio Airport Trapani–Birgi.
What to Expect
- A small, modern single-terminal international airport, served mainly by low-cost carriers. Shopping and dining options are very limited.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport, but you are permitted to sleep outside of the terminal on airport property. If weather permits, have a sleeping bag handy, and you may be able to catch a few Zzz’s!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update, there are no pay-per-use or airline lounges at this airport.
If sleeping in Trapani Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- B&B Zia Pia – (5 minutes from the airport) Free roundtrip Airport transfers are available. » Check Rates
- B&B Villa del Vento – (5 minutes from the airport) Free Airport transfers are available. » Check Rates
- Villa Speranza – (8 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
- A Giummara – (8 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Trapani Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Trapani Airport for 90 minutes. Connect to the Free TP Chamber of Commerce network.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside, on the Ground Floor.
Food & Drinks – Food choices are limited to My Chef on the Ground Floor and 1 restaurant on the 1st Floor. Vending machines are also available.
Information Desk – Location: Ground Floor, main entrance.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Medical Services – There is a First Aid Station located Landside.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport hours are 4:30AM – 12:30AM which means the airport is closed at night and you will have to sleep outside.
As of March 2018, Trapani airport is served by the following airlines: Ryanair • Alitalia • Aliblue Malta • Blue Air • Mistral Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Service is available between the airport and Trapani city center, Agrigento, Palermo, and Marsala.
These car rental agencies offer service onsite: Auto4.com • Avis • Essepirent • Europcar • Goldcar • Hertz • Locauto / Enterprise • Sicily by Car / AutoEuropa • Sicily Rent Car • Winrent.
Metered taxis are readily available for hire at a taxi rank near the airport exit.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.