Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Varna Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
“Thank God it’s over.” – please, never again -unknown
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Varna Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but modern international airport served mostly by seasonal flights. A variety of shopping and dining options are available. There are two terminals, but only Terminal 2 is in use. Terminal 1 is only in use as a VIP area.
- Some reviewers were stuck in the airport due to flight delays
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- No specific sleeping spot was mentioned, but reviewers who did spend the night here reported freezing temperatures, due to the air-conditioning, and hard, uncomfortable seats. Have a sleeping bag or travel mat and blanket handy for warmth and comfort while you sleep.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Varna Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Gran Ivan – (11 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request. » Check Rates
- Hotel Odessos – (12 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request. » Check Rates
- Golden Tulip Varna – (12 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Varna Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Varna Airport in Terminal 2.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – See Banking.
Baby Care Facilities – A Mother and Child room is available Airside.
Banking Services – There is a bank located Landside, ATM’s may be available here. Hours: 9:00AM – 2:00PM and 3:00PM – 6:00PM (Mon – Fri), 10:00AM – 6:00PM (Sat) and 10:00AM – 5:00PM (Sun).
Children’s Play Area – Location: Airside
Currency Exchange – Locations: in the public area of the departure lounge, arrivals lounge and the baggage claim area.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available as well as a small selection of shops to pass the time.
Food & Drinks – At the time of this update there are no known food concessions that are open 24 hours. However, you will find food options both Landside and Airside.
Information Desk – Yes
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Luggage Wrapping – Available in the Check-in hall.
Medical Services – A Medical Centre can be found in Terminal 2. Hours: 24 hours a day.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Smoking Area – There is a smoking terrace in the cateferia located airside.
Travel Agencies – If you are arriving in Varna and need local arrangements or help planning a really last minute trip abroad, there is a designated area with counters providing travel agency services that can probably be of assistance.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, click here to update this airport guide and we will update this airport guide.
As of March 2018, Varna airport is served by the following airlines: Wizz Air • Turkish Airlines • Austrian Airlines • S7 Airlines • Ryanair • Bulgaria Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Bus 409 offers service to/from Varna Cathedral in the city center and the Golden Sands Resort, with stops in between. Buses depart every 15 minutes outside of Terminal 2, and tickets can be purchased on the bus.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Avis, Budget, Choice Rent-a-Car, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt and Top Rent-a-Car. Location: Terminal 1, Arrivals Hall.
Triumph Taxi is the official taxi service provider at the airport. You can pre-book online or simply speak to someone at the taxi rank to arrange pick-up.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.