Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Venice Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
The police woke me from my half sleep no fewer than three times to check my passport and tickets. I should add that two of the times I was woken was by the same pair of policemen. -Damo
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Venice Marco Polo Airport.
What to Expect
- The small airport has one terminal building.
- Airport staff are generally tolerant of overnight travellers, but you should expect to be woken by police or security so they can check your passport and tickets.
- Many travellers report very crowded conditions, and some of the people trying to spend the night there appeared homeless or otherwise not travellers.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class travelers can buy a pass to relax in two airport lounges; showers are available in one. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- There are few benches, and most are wooden and not very comfortable.
- The airport can be very cold, so bring layers and a blanket.
- Explore our guide to sleeping in Venice Airport or read some traveller reviews for more tips.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Venice Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Annia Park Hotel – (3 minutes from the airport) Located 500m from the airport. Shuttle Hours: the shuttle bus departs the hotel every 30 minutes starting 4:30AM until the last flight. Travel time is approx. 3 minutes. If you are arriving at the airport, call +39 041 5415200 to request a pick-up. Airport pick-up location: wait inside Parking P2, near the white water tower. » Check Rates
- Bella Onda – (3 minutes from the airport) Shuttle Hours: a free shuttle to the airport is available upon request. Transfers are not available from the airport. » Check Rates
- Courtyard Venice Airport – (3 minutes from the airport) Shuttle Hours: 5:00AM – 1:00PM, every 30 minutes. Pick up location at the airport is on the Departures Level, first lane, between gate G and H. In the afternoon, the frequency and pick-up location changes to 2:30PM to 11:30PM, departs every hour. The pick up is on the Arrivals Level, second lane, in front of gate B. Shuttle fee is € 2.00 per person. » Check Rates
- Best Western Titian Inn Hotel Venice Airport – (3 minutes from the airport) Shuttle Hours: the shuttle operates between the hours: 5:00AM – 11:00AM and 3:00PM – 11:00PM. Reservations must be made 24-hours in advance. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Venice Marco Polo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at the airport for up to 6 hours. Connect to the “Venice Airport Free WiFi” network. Venice Marco Polo Airport’s official websites are accessible for free via WiFi or any of the airport’s internet terminals, which are located throughout the terminal.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside. on the ground floor • Airside, on the 1st floor.
Baby Care Facilities – Nurseries are available throughout the terminal, located near restrooms.
Business Center – Travelex Business Centre Location: 2nd Floor (landside) Hours: 9:00AM – 6:00PM (Mon-Fri).
Chapel – Location: Airside, 2nd floor
Currency Exchange – You can change your money in these four locations:
» Landside, ground floor: MC Exact Change has 2 locations (1 location is open 9:00AM – 6:00PM and the 2nd location is open 8:00AM – 11:00PM)
» Airside: MC Exact Change, ground floor (Hours: 8:00AM – 10:00PM) • MC Exact Change, 1st floor (Hours: 5:30AM – 11:30PM)
Duty Free & Shopping – Aelia Duty Free shop is located airside on the 1st floor of the terminal. Hours: 6:00AM – 12:00AM. A good variety of retail shops are also available including a few magazine/convenience type shops, most of which can be found airside on the 1st and 2nd floors.
Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules with many open as early as 5:00AM and closed as late as 11:00PM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: Bricco Bar & Pizza • Cocktail Dream • Culto Cafe • Decanto Wine Bar • Gelato Di Natura • L’Orto • Pilsner Urquell Beer Lounge • Rustichelli & Mangione. Vending machines are available on the ground floor of the terminal.
Information Desk – It is not known if there is a dedicated information desk however; landside, you will find a tourist desk and a hospitality that may be of assistance.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Yes, available outside the Terminal, near entrance E on the ground floor. Hours: 5:00AM – 10:00PM. Fees: Not known.
Luggage Wrapping – Safe Bag luggage wrapping is available landside on the 1st floor. Hours: 5:00AM – 11:00PM Rate: unknown.
Medical Services – The First Aid station is located airside, on the ground floor.
Mobile Charging – There are multiple charging locations available on every floor of the airport.
Observation Decks – On the north side of the terminal (2nd Floor-airside) is the North Terrace, with views of the apron, parking area, hangar and cargo terminal. Access to the North Terrace is free, and open to all passengers. The best view is from the South Terrace, where you can watch planes land and take off against the backdrop of the Venice skyline. The South Terrace is accessible only from the Marco Polo VIP lounge on the 2nd floor (airside), and open only to guests of the lounge.
Pharmacy – Available. Locations: Beneserre (Airside, 1st Floor. Hours: 6:00AM – 9:30PM) • Pytho Garda (Landside, Ground Floor. Hours: 6:00AM – 9:00PM).
Prayer Room – Location: Floor 2.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Showers are available in the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
Smoking – There is a dedicated smoking room located on the 2nd Floor, airside.
Travel Agencies – If you are arriving in Venice and need local arrangements or help planning a really last minute trip abroad, there are a number of travel agencies with offices at the airport that can probably be of assistance. Blitz Exclusive S.A.S., Bucintoro, KSC Tour & Travels and KV Group are all located Landside.
The airport is open from 4:45AM – 12:00AM. Overnight stays are permitted in the airport, but you must arrive before the building is locked for the night, and you should check-in with airport security before bedding down for the night.
As of March 2018, Venice Marco Polo airport is served by the following airlines: Aegean Airlines • Aer Lingus • Aeroflot • Air Arabia • Air Baltic • Air Canada • Air Dolomiti • Air Europa • Air France • Air Malta • Air Moldova • Air Serbia • Air Transat • Albawings • Alitalia • American Airlines • Asiana • Austrian Airlines • British Airways • Brussels Airlines • Croatia Airlines • CSA Czech Airlines • Delta • easyJet • El Al Israel Airlines • Emirates • Ernest Airlines • Eurowings • Finnair • Flybe • Flyone • HOP! • Iberia • Jet2 • KLM • LOT • Lufthansa • Luxair • Meridiana • Norwegian • Qatar Airways • Royal Air Maroc • Ryanair • SAS • Swiss • TAP Portugal • Transavia • Tunis Air • Turkish Airlines • Ukraine International Airlines • United Airlines • Ural Airlines • Voltea • Vueling.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Marco Polo Airport is served by several local bus lines. Bus tickets are sold at the Public Transport ticket office (in Arrivals), at automated vending machines near baggage carousels 3 and 5, on ATVO buses and on FS Busitalia buses (surcharge applies).
For route information, visit the Venice Marco Polo Airport website.
The following car rental agencies are located onsite at the ground floor of the Arrivals area: AutoEuropa, Autovia, Avis, Europcar, Hertz, Locauto Rent, Maggiore, Noleggiare, Sixt and WinRent.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Antony Hotel • Bella Onda • Best Western Titian Inn Hotel Venice Airport • Courtyard Venice Airport • Park Hotel Annia
A water transport service is available from the airport boathouse, connecting to Venice and the main Venetian islands (Murano, Burano, Lido). For more information, visit the Venice Marco Polo Airport website.
Because most of the city is off limits to automobiles, vaporettos (water taxis) are the more expensive, but preferred way to travel around Venice. However, land taxis can be taken into the city as far as Piazzale Roma, where you can walk or take a vaporetto to your hotel or cruise terminal.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.