Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Verona Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
There are armrests every two seats which isn’t ideal (three seats is usually the ideal for a person to laid) but it is still possible to get some rest. – Paul
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Verona Villafranca Airport.
What to Expect
- Two terminals, one handles arrivals only and the other is for departures.
- A decent variety of shops and restaurants is available.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Although no specific sleeping spot was mentioned, a reviewer described his overnight stay as passable and quiet after 10:00PM. Armrests are on every 2nd seat, so you can lay across them, but not very comfortably. You may be more comfortable sleeping on the floor if you have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Travelers with heavy luggage should be aware that if they are assessed an excess baggage fee, they will have to leave the check-in line to pay the fee at another desk, and then return to the check-in line in order to receive their boarding passes.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Verona airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Veronesi La Torre – (3 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle available. » Check Rates
- DB Hotel Verona Airport and Congress – (3 minutes from the airport) 24-hour airport shuttle available. » Check Rates
- Hotel West Point – (3 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
- Hotel Opera – (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly with the hotel. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Verona Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free, unlimited WiFi is available throughout the airport. Connect to the “@FreeLuna_CATULLO” network to start surfing.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Machines are operated by Banco Popolare Di Verona and Banca Valsabbina. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Terminal 1, Departures • Terminal 2, Car Rental Building.
Chapel – Mass is held every Saturday at 5:00PM. Location: Departures Terminal, First Floor.
Currency Exchange – Location: Forexchange, Terminal 2, Arrivals.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available as well as a small selection of clothing and accessories shops. There is also a Relay magazine shop located in T1 Departures.
Food & Drinks – Food concessions are available airside and landside. At the time of this update it was not known if there are any 24-hour food options. Vending machines are available in T1, Airside.
Information Desk – Location: Departure Hall, Landside. Hours: 5:00AM – 8:30PM (or 9:00PM depending on last flight).
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Luggage Wrapping – True Star Secure Bag – Location: T1, Departures. Hours and rates are not known.
Medical Services -There is a First Aid Room available in T1. Hours: Unknown. T2 offers a medical center, right hand side of terminal. Hours: Unknown.
Mobile Charging – Dedicated charging areas are available in both Terminals. In T1 you will find charging points both Landside and Airside, whereas T2 only provides charging areas Landside.
Pharmacy – Location: T1 Departures. Hours: unknown.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Smoking – Smoking is allowed inside the Valerio Catullo Lounge. Otherwise, smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the terminal.
According to a traveller (November 2018), the airport is not open 24 hours. Exact hours were not provided, but the review indicated that the departure lounge was closed 11:00PM – 6:00AM.
As of March 2018, Verona airport is served by the following airlines: Air Baltic • Aer Lingus • Air Dolomiti • Air Moldova • Air Prishtina • Alitalia • Blu Express • Blue Panorama Airlines • British Airways • easyJet • Ernest Airlines • Eurowings • Flyone • Flybe • Jet2 • Lufthansa • Meridiana • Mistral Air • Neos • Norwegian • Ryanair • S7 Airlines • Transavia • Voltea • Wizz Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Aerobus offers scheduled daily roundtrip service between the airport and Verona Porta Nuova train station in a 15-minute journey, each way.
Seasonal shuttle buses run between the airport to VicenzaOro (via Vicenza Fair shuttle bus), Trentino-Dolomites (via Fly Ski Shuttle service) and Alto Adige (via Suedtirol).
The following car rental companies are available: Autovia • Avis/Budget/Maggiore • Buchbinder • Europcar • Goldcar • Hertz • Interrent • Locauto • Sicily by Car • Sixt • Win Rent.
Taxis are readily available at the taxi rank located near the Arrivals Terminal exit.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.