Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Verona Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
There are armrests every two seats which isn’t ideal (three seats is usually the ideal for a person to laid) but it is still possible to get some rest. – Paul
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Verona Villafranca Airport.
What to Expect
- Two terminals, one handles arrivals only and the other is for departures.
- A decent variety of shops and restaurants is available.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Although no specific sleeping spot was mentioned, a reviewer described his overnight stay as passable and quiet after 10:00PM. Armrests are on every 2nd seat, so you can lay across them, but not very comfortably. You may be more comfortable sleeping on the floor if you have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Travelers with heavy luggage should be aware that if they are assessed an excess baggage fee, they will have to leave the check-in line to pay the fee at another desk, and then return to the check-in line in order to receive their boarding passes.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Verona airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Veronesi La Torre – (3 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle available. » Check Rates
- DB Hotel Verona Airport and Congress – (3 minutes from the airport) 24-hour airport shuttle available. » Check Rates
- Hotel West Point – (3 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
- Hotel Opera – (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly with the hotel. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Verona Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free, unlimited WiFi is available throughout the airport. Connect to the “Concept_Free” network, register and start surfing.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Machines are operated by Banco Popolare Di Verona and Banca Valsabbina. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Departures Terminal, Landside and Airside • Arrivals Terminal, Landside.
Chapel – Mass is held every Saturday at 5:00PM. Location: Departures Terminal, First Floor.
Currency Exchange – Forexchange offers services. Location: Arrivals Terminal, Landside.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available as well as a small selection of clothing, accessories and convenience shops in the Departures Terminal. There are no shops in the Arrival Terminal.
Food & Drinks – The Departures Terminal offers 6 options (5 Landside and 1 Airside), while the Arrivals Terminal has only 1 coffee shop. At the time of this update it was not known if there are any 24-hour food options.
Information Desk – Location: Departure Hall, Landside. Hours: 5:00AM – 8:30PM (or 9:00PM depending on last flight).
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Luggage Wrapping – True Star Secure Bag – Location: Departures Terminal, Ground Floor. Hours and rates are not known.
Medical Services -There is a First Aid Room available in T1. Hours: Unknown. T2 offers a medical center, right hand side of terminal. Hours: Unknown.
Mobile Charging – Dedicated charging areas are available in both Terminals. In the Departures Terminal you will find charging points both Landside and Airside, whereas the Arrivals Terminal only provides charging areas Landside.
Pharmacy – Location: Departures Terminal, Landside. Hours: unknown.
Postal Services – Drop off your last minute postcards at the airport’s mailbox. Location: outside of the Departure Terminal.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Smoking – Smoking is allowed inside the Valerio Catullo Lounge. Otherwise, smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the terminal.
The Departure Terminal is open 24 hours a day. The Arrivals Terminal is open 6:00AM – 11:00PM (or until the last arrival of the day).
As of March 2018, Verona airport is served by the following airlines: Aegean • Air Lingus • Aeroflot • Air Dolomiti • Air Moldova • Air Prishtina • Alitalia • Blu Express • Blue Panorama Airlines • British Airways • Cyprus Air • easyJet • Ernest Airlines • Eurowings • Flyone • Flybe • Jet2 • Lufthansa • Neos • Norwegian • Nouvelair • Ryanair • SAS • S7 Airlines • Transavia • Volotea.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Aerobus offers scheduled daily roundtrip service between the airport and Verona Porta Nuova train station in a 15-minute journey, each way.
Seasonal shuttle buses run between the airport to VicenzaOro (via Vicenza Fair shuttle bus), Trentino-Dolomites (via Fly Ski Shuttle service) and Alto Adige (via Suedtirol).
The following car rental companies are available: Autovia • Avis/Budget/Maggiore • Buchbinder • Europcar • Goldcar • Hertz • Interrent • Locauto • Sicily by Car • Sixt • Win Rent.
Taxis are readily available at the taxi rank located near the Arrivals Terminal exit.
Last updated: 2019-03-18
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.