Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Warsaw-Modlin Mazovia Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Free WiFi and some comfortable seats are available. Sleeping in this airport is possible and comfortable and quiet!!! – yagiza
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Warsaw Modlin Airport.
What to Expect
- A clean and modern, newly-built single-terminal airport with a small variety of shops and restaurants.
- Many reviewers describe the airport as packed to the hilt with people and not enough seating or restrooms available, as if the airport is not big enough to serve the amount of passengers that travel through.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- No specific spot for sleeping has been mentioned in past reviews. However, reviewers who spent the night at this airport described their experience as quiet, secure and uneventful. One reviewer did mention feeling cold from the air-conditioner, so you may want to have a travel blanket handy. Bench seating is available throughout the terminal.
- Explore our guide to sleeping in Warsaw Modlin Airport or read some traveller reviews for more tips.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Warsaw Modlin Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Royal Hotel – (8 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle available 24 hours, upon request ($). Call 48 22 188 4 188 for pick-up. » Check Rates
- Hotelik – (8 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available ($). » Check Rates
- Hotel Sokolowska – (8 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available ($). » Check Rates
- Modlin Palace – (8 minutes from the airport) An airport shuttle is available ($). » Check Rates
- Versal Aparthotel – (13 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle FROM Modlin is available. There is a 20 PLN/person fee for the shuttle TO Modlin Airport. » Check Rates
- Best Western Airport Modlin Hotel – (10 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available on request ($). » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Warsaw Modlin Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available throughout the airport. You must download the official Hello Modlin airport magazine (PDF file) in order to gain access.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Machines are operated by Euronet, ATM Pekao and BPS Group. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. ATMs are located throughout the airport. Locations: Landside, Airside (Arrivals) and in the short term parking area.
Baby Care Facilities – There are 3 baby care rooms. Locations: Airside (just after security control) • Landside, Mezzanine Level (above the departures area) • Arrivals Hall.
Baggage Carts – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts are available. Locations: outside the airport at the departures entrance.
Chapel – Available on the mezzanine level above the Departure Zone. Hours: 24 hours.
Currency Exchange – Currency exchange offices are available landside and in the non-Schengen Arrivals Hall.
Duty Free & Shopping – A tax and duty-free shop is available airside in the Schengen area of the airport terminal. Limited retail shopping is also available airside in Schengen and non-Schengen areas, and landside. Shops are open from first flight until the last flight. An ABC Mini-Market located Landside may be a good source for snacks and drinks.
Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Landside offers 2 restaurants and 1 coffee shop while Airside you will find 2 coffee shops and 1 restaurant. Vending machines serving hot/cold drinks and a variety of snacks are also available in the airport both Landside and Airside.
Information Desk – Locations: Landside, in the departures common area, opposite the check-in desks. Hours: 4:30AM – 11:30PM.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available, but we are told they are planning something for the future.
Mobile Charging – A reader mentioned that you can charge your devices in the Airside Cafe. If you know of other locations, click here to update this airport guide.
Pharmacy – PharmFit – Location: Landside, Mezzanine.
Rest Zones – While the airport does not have any designated Rest Zones, there are armrest-free benches in the departures area.
Showers – Not available.
Smoking – There is a designated indoor smoking area Airside.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of March 2018, Warsaw-Modlin Mazovia airport is served by the following airlines: Lufthansa • KLM • LOT • Ryanair • Wizz Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Modlinbus offers convenient and economical express transportation between the airport and several key destinations, including a nonstop express route to the Palace of Culture in Warsaw City Center (total trip time of 45 minutes one way). Tickets can be purchased online at discounted rates of 9 PLN (January 2018) and up, or from a sales kiosk or bus driver at fares ranging from 15 – 59 PLN, depending on the route. Only tickets purchased online guarantee a seat on the bus departure of your choice. For timetables, fares and tickets sales, visit the Modlinbus website.
The following car rental agencies are located onsite in the landside area of the Arrivals Hall: Avis, Awos, Budget, Express, Hertz, National/Alamo, Panek and Sixt.
Taxis are readily available outside of the Arrivals exit. Licensed and authorized airport taxi service is provided by Sawa Taxi and Taxi Modlin. Fares between the airport and city center are fixed, and total travel time for a one way trip is 35 – 40 minutes.
Modlin Airport is connected to Modlin Railway Station via designated shuttle service. Buses run between the airport and the railway station every 20 – 30 minutes, coordinated with the arrivals and departures of Koleje Mazowieckie trains. From Modlin Railway Station, passengers have a choice of 42 daily train services: 28 trains to Działdowo (via Modlin), 11 trains to Chopin Airport and 3 trains to Warszawa Zachodnia. For timetables, routes and fares, go to the Koleje Mazowieckie website.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.