Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Yerevan Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Arriving and having to get the visa can be a lengthy nightmare, especially if you have arrived behind a flight from Iran. At least one hour with people letting their mates in so movement ceases. -a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Zvartnots International Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern and colorful international airport with one functioning main passenger terminal (Terminal 2) and a VIP terminal. Reasonably priced 24-hour shopping and dining options are available.
- The airport is very busy at night, due to the amount of incoming flights from Europe.
- A recent traveller suggests that after landing, you should pick up the Visa form and fill it out whilst waiting in the lengthy queue. Payment in AMR only. No other currencies are accepted.
- There are no exchange counters once you are airside.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Reviewers report that there are plenty of comfortable chairs to lay across, and although you will be stared at for laying down or sleeping, no one will bother you.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- You will need AMR to purchase Visa. One reviewer suggests getting the currency first, picking up the form and complete it while you are standing in line.
- If you have time to kill, downtown Yerevan is only 35 minutes from the airport. Visas are reportedly easy to obtain if you want to visit the city during a long layover.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Yerevan Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Ararat – (15 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available for a fee – approx. AMD 6000 each way. » Check Rates
- Best Western Congress Hotel – (15 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available for a fee – approx. AMD 6000 each way. » Check Rates
- Erebuni Hotel – (15 minutes from the airport) A budget hotel in the city center. Roundtrip Airport transfers are available ($). » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Yerevan Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Yerevan Airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside and Airside. There are four currency exchange machines located in Arrivals.
Business Center – Location: New Passenger Terminal
Currency Exchange – Several banks (Converse Bank, Unibank, Ardshinbak) offer banking services including currency exchange. Location:, Terminal 1, Check-in Area and Arrivals Hall. Hours: 24 hours a day.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available as well as a few shops selling convenience style items.
Food & Drinks – Available landside and airside. It is unknown whether there is anything open 24 hours.
Information Desk – Location: Terminal 1, Arrivals Level and Departures Level. Hours: 24 hours.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Location: Arrival Hall. Fees: AMD 1500 per item per 24 hours.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Available in the Business Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of March 2018, Yerevan airport is served by the following airlines: Aegean Airlines • Scat Air • Middle East Airlines • FlyDubai • Qatar Airlines • Ural Airlines • Iranian Naft Airlines • Atlasjet Airlines • Ukraine International Airlines • S7 Airlines • Aeroflot • UTAir Aviation • VIM Airlines • Nordwind • Air France • Air Arabia • Rossiya Airlines • Mahan Air • Iran Aseman Airlines • Aircompany Armenia • Grozny Avia • Austrian Airlines • LOT.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Sixt offers car rental services on the 1st floor of the Arrivals Hall.
Travel like the locals do! If your load is light, you can travel at a fraction of the price of a taxi by taking a “marshrutka” (shared-ride minibus), which travel along fixed routes. Before hopping in, check with the driver to make sure they are heading to (or from) the airport.
Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. At the time of this January 2018 update, the one-way fare between the airport and Yerevan city center is AMD 4500.
Last updated: 2018-10-29
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.