Date: October 15, 2016
While the Middle East is famed for having some of the best airports in the world, the region is also home to a few really unpleasant ones. Dirty facilities are a primary complaint amongst these airport – with particular disgust pointed at the bathrooms. Crowds and unhelpful staff don’t do these terminals any favours either, as they often leave travellers frantic and frustrated. In terms of solutions, a few chairs would be a good starting point – and total overhauls would be ideal. However, most of the delinquents on this list have been here for years in a row, which curbs our hope for the future. If you do find yourself traveling through one of these destinations, give yourself loads of time and be prepared to fend for yourself. With that, you’ll make it through.
- Jeddah King Abdulaziz International Airport, Saudi Arabia (JED)
- Sharjah International Airport, United Arab Emirates (SHJ)
- Kuwait International Airport, Kuwait (KWI)
- Riyadh King Khalid International Airport, Saudi Arabia (RUH)
- Baghdad International Airport, Iraq (SDA)
Now that you’ve read about the worst airports, read on to see what awaits on the Best Airports in the Middle East!