Date: October 15, 2016
The Worst Airports in South America earn their titles for a number of pitiful reasons. For some, it’s the crowds, the disorganization, and the non-existent crowd control. For others, it’s the sorry state of the bathrooms (think no water, no toilet paper) and insufficient seating. A lack of food options and any sort of entertainment to pass the time during delays certainly didn’t help improve the traveller experience at any of these airports..
Here are the Top 5 airports that were voted the Worst Airports in South America according to participants in our 2016 survey:
- Caracas Simón Bolívar International Airport, Venezuela (CCS)
- Easter Island Mataveri International Airport, Chile (IPC)
- La Paz El Alto International Airport, Bolivia (LPB)
- Paramaribo Johan Adolf Pengel International Airport, Suriname (PBM)
- Cusco Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport, Peru (CUZ)
It’s not all chaos – read on to learn about the Best Airports in South America!