Ashgabat Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Ashgabat Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
some scum bag had been through my bag and stolen my mini-disc player, leaving my bag open as it come around the carousel. - Ian
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Ashgabat International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport with a variety of shopping and fast food options.
Where to Sleep
- The area in front of the Turkmenistan Airlines office is the best place to sleep. Due to the many early and late night domestic flights, there are usually other passengers sitting or sleeping in this area, so you won’t feel alone. Benches are plentiful here, and the area is seemingly safe.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Ashgabat Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm details on the airport’s VIP and CIP lounges. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
WiFi is available in Ashgabat Airport, but as of this update we were unable to confirm if the service is free or for a fee. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If sleeping in Ashgabat Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Ak Altyn Hotel - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Grand Turkmen Hotel - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Nissa Hotel - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Ashgabat Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Baby Care Facilities - A Mother and Child Room is available in the airport. Location: unknown.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available, along with a small variety of retail shops.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we were unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
Metered taxis are available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport, during airport hours of operation. At the time of this update, the typical one-way fare between the airport and city center is about 10 - 20 manat.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.