Baku Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Baku Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
there's nowhere suitable that I could find to kip when arriving on a 4am flight.
- a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Baku Heydar Aliyev International Airport.
What to Expect
- A recently-built modern international airport with two terminals (Terminals 1 and 2). The airport’s unique architectural design includes cocoon-like structures that house the shops and restaurants.
- Several reviewers complained of rude cafeteria staff, price hikes on cafeteria food for foreigners, and lack of English-speaking airport staff.
- Shops and restaurants are a bit pricey, but open 24 hours!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Comfortable sofas are available near the 3rd floor salad bar in Terminal 2, and hard metal benches (armrest-free!) are available in the main waiting area.
- Don’t sleep on the Arrivals level, or you will be pestered by aggressive taxi drivers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Baku Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Baku airport through a membership program.
- Absheron Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, 3rd Level. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Book Online (£20 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Buta VIP Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, 3rd Level. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Book Online (£20 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Baku Airport. Connect to the 'Baku Airport Free WiFi' network.
If sleeping in Baku Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel at the airport:
- Sheraton Baku Airport - (5 minute walk to the airport) Free airport shuttle upon request, via email. Day rates are available starting at 117 AZN for use from 8:00AM - 6:00PM, 149 AZN for 6:00PM - 12:00AM and 109 AZN for 12:00AM - 8:00AM.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Baku Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located near the duty-free shops and ticketing offices on the 1st floor.
- Baggage Wrapping - Available for a fee in the Check-In area.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children’s Play Area - A soft, comfortable, and colorful play area is available in Terminal 1. A game room is located on the 3rd floor of Terminal 1.
- Currency Exchange - Silk Way Bank and International Bank of Azerbaijan offer full-service banking, including currency exchange. Location: T2, south section. Hours: unknown.
- Duty Free & Shoping - Duty-free shopping is available 24 hours a day on the 1st floor. A variety of retail shops is available on the 3rd and 4th floors.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining. Food options include: 150 Cafe • Bakı • British Pub Cafe • Kofteçi • Ləzzət • McDonald’s • Pilot • Pub & Fast Food • Room Cafe • Səma • SkyCoffee
- Luggage Wrapping - Location: Check-In area.
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical services are available at the airport medical center. Location: T1, 2nd Floor, “A” zone.
- Pharmacy - Location: T2, south wing.
- Prayer Room - “Qibla” sign, prayer rugs, and ablution facilities are available in the Muslim prayer room. Location: unknown.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Location: North and South Terminals, landside, on the first floor
There is a direct express bus that connects Baku Airport to Baku city centre 9S. Vurgun's park on 28 May Street). The bus departs across from the parking area. Frequency: 30 minutes. Journey Time: 30-40 minutes. Fare: 30 qapik.
Available, not information not available.
Sleeping at Baku airport tonight. All 470 of us! pic.twitter.com/q1pfAScHUg— Valentina Cardo (@DrVCardo) January 6, 2014
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.