Calicut Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Calicut Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
More than an hour and the passengers stood waiting for the baggages.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Calicut International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small international airport with two terminals: Domestic and International. A limited selection of shops and food concessions are available.
- Airport procedures can be very slow and inefficient.
- One reviewer waited over an hour for baggage to come through baggage claim!
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Calicut Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Port Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 1st Floor. Hours: open 24 hours.
Information not available
If sleeping in Calicut Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Punna Residency - Located 200m from the airport
- Pulikkal Tourist Home - Located 200m from the airport
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Calicut Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are available in Domestic Departures (city side) and International Arrivals.
- Banking - Vijaya Bank kiosks are located in the International Terminal Departures and Arrivals areas.
- Currency Exchange – NL Forex offers currency exchange. Locations: International Departures • International Arrivals.
- Disabled Services – Wheel chair service available, but people with reduced mobility coordinated with their airline.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Flemingo Duty Free shops offer duty-free shopping in International Departures and Arrivals areas. A variety of stalls selling souvenirs and local crafts are available throughout the airport.
- Family Services – A Child Care Room is available for use, free of charge. Location and hours: unknown.
- Food & Drink - At the time of writing, there are no 24-hour food options available. There are however a number of options open during regular business hours in both the international and domestic terminals (landside and airside).
- Information Desk – Domestic arrivals hall
- Luggage Carts - Free trolleys available throughout
- Luggage Wrapping – Available landside in the international departures hall
- Post Office – International departures hall
- Prayer Rooms – Yes.
The airport is open 24 hours.
KSRTC buses link the airport with Kasargod, Kozhikode, and Kuttiyadi. See the Tourist Information Booth for assistance in finding the bus that you need.
Prepaid taxis are readily available from the airport to the city center, or your local destination of choice. Pay for your journey at the Prepaid Taxi booth in Arrivals before commencing your journey. Metered taxis and auto-rickshaws can be hired on the street for rides to the airport.
Last Updated: 27 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.