In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Islamabad Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
upright plastic lumbar devastating 'chairs' add to your foul mood after negotiating the carnage to actually end up in the departure lounge. - Col. Stewart
"I am a Pakistani nation but living abroad due to my job, I have visited so many time the Islamabad Airport (don't have any other option) and found the worst situation ever. In October 2005 I went to Islamabad for only 3 days,can any one believes that it took 3 hours yes three hours to get rid of Stupid Immigration Officers, custom guys, porters, and then finally taxi drivers porter out side. Now my recent trip, I was coming back from London and had to go a gulf state to re join my duties, Again (not willingly) I had to face immigration staff (same kind which has been described), stupid police with having authority to open your bags badly and not closing after so called inspection, OFFICIAL SIGNATURE on passports (only at Islamabad airport), x ray machine check up (but officials are concentrating some where else), touching your all body areas (even for ladies as well but in a cabin),very rude staff especially female staff), internal quarrelling of staff, and stupid passenger (most of them)......................do not want to say any more, all know well, sleeping government, I am sure the situation can never be changed.........."
Have you been to Islamad Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Islamabad airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- CIP Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (International flights - $6 per person and Domestic flights - Rs. 200 per person) • Priority Pass.
Information not available
If sleeping in Islamabad Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Regent - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers available
- Pearl Continental Hotel - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers available
- Royalton Hotel - (15 min from the airport) Airport transfers available
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Islamabad Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, available 24 hours.
- Baggage Trolleys - Free baggage carts can be found at the Drop Lane to Check-in Counters and Baggage Claim to Pick-up Lane.
- Car Rentals - No
- Currency Exchange - Yes, there are foreign exchange offices in the Arrivals Hall and International Departures Concourse.
- Food & Drinks - There are four restaurants at the airport, but none of them are open 24 hours.
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Prayer Rooms - There are separate prayer rooms for men and women. Locations: Domestic and International Lounges. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Islamabad Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Islamabad Travel Resources
- Tripadvisor - search for Islamabad hotel deals, check availability and read traveller reviews.
Last Updated: 14 May 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.