In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Islamabad Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
upright plastic lumbar devastating 'chairs' add to your foul mood after negotiating the carnage to actually end up in the departure lounge. - Col. Stewart
"I am a Pakistani nation but living abroad due to my job, I have visited so many time the Islamabad Airport (don't have any other option) and found the worst situation ever. In October 2005 I went to Islamabad for only 3 days,can any one believes that it took 3 hours yes three hours to get rid of Stupid Immigration Officers, custom guys, porters, and then finally taxi drivers porter out side. Now my recent trip, I was coming back from London and had to go a gulf state to re join my duties, Again (not willingly) I had to face immigration staff (same kind which has been described), stupid police with having authority to open your bags badly and not closing after so called inspection, OFFICIAL SIGNATURE on passports (only at Islamabad airport), x ray machine check up (but officials are concentrating some where else), touching your all body areas (even for ladies as well but in a cabin),very rude staff especially female staff), internal quarrelling of staff, and stupid passenger (most of them)......................do not want to say any more, all know well, sleeping government, I am sure the situation can never be changed.........."
Have you been to Islamad Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- CIP Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: $6 per person (International flights) and Rs. 200 per person (Domestic flights)
Information not available
If sleeping in the Islamabad Airport does not appeal to you, there are no hotels at the airport to seek refuge. The nearest hotel is:
- Pearl Continental Hotel - free airport transfer
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Islamabad Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, available 24 hours.
- Car Rentals - No
- Currency Exchange - Yes, there are foreign exchange offices in the Arrivals Hall and International Departures Concourse.
- Food & Drinks - There are four restaurants at the airport, but none of them are open 24 hours.
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Information not available
- Luggage Trolleys - Free baggage trolleys can be found at the Drop Lane to Check-in Counters and Baggage Claim to Pick-up Lane.
- Prayer Rooms - There are separate prayer rooms for men and women. Locations: Domestic and International Lounges. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Showers - Information not available
Open 24 hours
Islamabad Travel Resources
- Islamabad Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Islamabad Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2014 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2014.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Last Updated: 02 June 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.