Islamabad Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Islamabad Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
upright plastic lumbar devastating 'chairs' add to your foul mood after negotiating the carnage to actually end up in the departure lounge. - Col. Stewart
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Islamabad Airport.
What to Expect
- The security here is tight and questionable - many travellers suggest arriving earlier than normal, and report being asked for handouts, money, etc.
- Travellers generally report feeling scammed or neglected at this airport.
- The airport has one main terminal and amenities are mediocre.
- Several 24-hour eateries are available Landside and Airside. See Food & Drinks in the airport guide below.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- We have very few reports from travellers who have spent the night here. If you plan to do so, have a backup plan.
- Chairs are few and very uncomfortable.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are a few hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Showers are available in the paid lounge.
Economy class travelers can buy a pass to relax in one airport lounge; showers are available. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Islamabad Airport Guide. Send us your Islamabad Airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Islamabad airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- CIP Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (International flights - $6 per person and Domestic flights - Rs. 200 per person).
Free WiFi is available at Islamabad Airport.
If sleeping in Islamabad Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Regent - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers available
- Pearl Continental Hotel - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers available
- Royalton Hotel - (15 min from the airport) Airport transfers available
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Islamabad Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, available 24 hours.
- Baggage Trolleys - Free baggage carts can be found at the Drop Lane to Check-in Counters and Baggage Claim to Pick-up Lane.
- Car Rentals - No
- Currency Exchange - Yes, there are foreign exchange offices in the Arrivals Hall and International Departures Concourse.
- Food & Drinks - There are 6 food concessions that are open 24 hours. Rawal Restaurant (1st Floor) • Sareena Refreshment Counter (Rawal Lounge) • TR Shop (Concourse Hall) • The Elbow Room (International and Departure Lounges) • Snack Bar (International and Departure Lounges) • Airport Canteens (Beside the Car Park).
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Prayer Rooms - There are separate prayer rooms for men and women. Locations: Domestic and International Lounges. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Shopping - Duty Free is available in the International Terminal.
- Showers - Showers are available at the CIP Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 07 January 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.