Islamabad Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Islamabad Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
upright plastic lumbar devastating 'chairs' add to your foul mood after negotiating the carnage to actually end up in the departure lounge. - Col. Stewart
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Islamabad Airport.
What to Expect
- The security here is tight and questionable - many travellers suggest arriving earlier than normal, and report being asked for handouts, money, etc.
- Travellers generally report feeling scammed or neglected at this airport.
- The airport has one main terminal and amenities are mediocre.
- Several 24-hour eateries are available Landside and Airside. See Food & Drinks in the airport guide below.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- A new airport is scheduled to open in June 2017.
Where to Sleep
- We have very few reports from travellers who have spent the night here. If you plan to do so, have a backup plan.
- Chairs are few and very uncomfortable.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are a few hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Showers are available in the paid lounge.
Economy class travelers can buy a pass to relax in one airport lounge; showers are available. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Islamabad Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Islamabad airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- CIP Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (International flights - $6 per person and Domestic flights - Rs. 200 per person).
Free WiFi is available at Islamabad Airport in all terminal lounges, including International and Domestic Departures, and the Rawal Lounge.
If sleeping in Islamabad Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Regent - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers available
- Pearl Continental Hotel - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers available
- Royalton Hotel - (15 min from the airport) Airport transfers available
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Islamabad Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, available 24 hours.
- Baggage Trolleys - Available free of charge near the conveyor belt in the Departures lounge.
- Banking - There are three banks in the Concourse Hall, and a second National Bank of Pakistan located in the International Arrivals Lounge. Hours: All banks open from 9:00AM - 5:00PM.
- Car Rentals - No
- Currency Exchange - Banks and money changers offer foreign currency exchange in the International Arrivals lounge. PBS Exchange has locations in the International Departures (Briefing area), International Arrivals lounge, Foreign Currency Exchange Counter and the Concourse Hall. Hours: All money changers are open 24 hours.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available in the International Departures and Arrivals lounges. A few other shops can be found in the International Departures lounge and Concourse Hall.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours: Airport Canteens (near the car park by the mosque) • Dunkin’ Donuts (International Departures lounge) • Mr. Cod (International/Domestic Departures long-term parking lot by the Fast Track building) • Pizza Hut (car park by the Fast Track building) • Rawal Restaurant (1st Floor) • Sareena Refreshment Counter (Rawal Lounge) • Snack Bar (International & Domestic Departure Lounges) • The Elbow Room (International & Domestic Departure Lounges) • TR Shop (Concourse Hall).
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Luggage Wrapping - Crystal Safety luggage wrapping is available for Rs. 200/- per bag. Location: Landside in both Domestic and International Departures areas.
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care is available at the Airport Medical Centre is located next to the airport mosque. You can go there directly or seek assistance from Information Desk personnel, who will contact medical staff for you.
- Post Office - Pakistan Post is located in the terminal, near the airport mosque.
- Prayer Rooms - Separate men’s and women’s prayer rooms are available. Locations: Domestic and International Departures lounges, International Arrivals and the Business Class Lounge (Arrivals/Departures area) Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Showers - Showers are available at the CIP Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 19 September 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.