Islamabad Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Islamabad Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
upright plastic lumbar devastating 'chairs' add to your foul mood after negotiating the carnage to actually end up in the departure lounge. - Col. Stewart
By a Guest Reviewer
March 2015 - rude staff, porters and officials standing in car park asking you if you do not want your luggage checked for a small fee of course. beggers in airport car park no spaces for cars in car park, dangerous journey from airport by old bus to the airplane. dirty airport officials behave like military police asking for bribes or loose change ,saying they do not have enough to live on.staff stop and harrass you saying tickets and paperwork is not right or your luggage is to much basically they want money to leave you alone.it is a horrifying experience travelling through islamabad airport,even when you arrive you get out of the plane claim down those dangerous steps into an old bus and see military police with guns every where. its just daunting when you realize you arrived in a prison.
Have you been to Islamad Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Islamabad airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- CIP Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (International flights - $6 per person and Domestic flights - Rs. 200 per person) • Priority Pass.
Free WiFi is available at Islamabad Airport.
If sleeping in Islamabad Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Regent - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers available
- Pearl Continental Hotel - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers available
- Royalton Hotel - (15 min from the airport) Airport transfers available
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Islamabad Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, available 24 hours.
- Baggage Trolleys - Free baggage carts can be found at the Drop Lane to Check-in Counters and Baggage Claim to Pick-up Lane.
- Car Rentals - No
- Currency Exchange - Yes, there are foreign exchange offices in the Arrivals Hall and International Departures Concourse.
- Food & Drinks - There are 6 food concessions that are open 24 hours. Rawal Restaurant (1st Floor) • Sareena Refreshment Counter (Rawal Lounge) • TR Shop (Concourse Hall) • The Elbow Room (International and Departure Lounges) • Snack Bar (International and Departure Lounges) • Airport Canteens (Beside the Car Park).
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Prayer Rooms - There are separate prayer rooms for men and women. Locations: Domestic and International Lounges. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Shopping - Duty Free is available in the International Terminal.
- Showers - Showers are available at the CIP Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 07 January 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.