Manado Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Manado Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
There are security guards checking tickets before you are allowed into the main hall, so I don't think you could get in very far in advance before your flight. - BonesCPH
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Sam Ratulangi International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal airport with a variety of shops, restaurants and services.
Where to Sleep
- Passengers are not permitted in the airport terminal until two hours before flight departure, preventing chances of an overnight stay. For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Manado Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Bunaken Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor. Hours: 6:00AM - 4:30PM (Daily).
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport WiFi is available for free or a fee. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
If sleeping in Manado Airport does not appeal to you, there are two hotels within walking distance or short drive. Reviews are mixed, so you may prefer to stay in one of the many budget hotels in Manado’s city center (about 30 min drive) or the Novotel Golf Resort, located on the way to Manado from the airport.
- Hotel Wisata - (10 min walk from the airport) Reviews are mixed, but this is the closest hotel to the airport.
- Hotel Vina Manado - (9 min from the airport by taxi) No airport shuttle.
- Novotel Manado Golf Resort & Convention Center Hotel - Less than 4 miles from the airport. No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Manado Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs - Yes
- Banking - BNI and Bank BRI offer full-service banking in the airport.
- Children’s Play Area - Yes.
- Currency Exchange – A moneychanger is available in the public hall.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Shopping is limited to two mini marts and a few other small curio shops.
- Food & Drink - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining.
- Luggage Carts - Available in the public hall.
- Smoking Area – Available airside in the departures area.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Information currently unavailable. If you are familiar with the modes of ground transportation available at this airport and would like to contribute to this airport guide, please email us at email@example.com.
Last Updated: 27 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.