Phnom Penh Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Phnom Penh Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
a very nice security man saw me sitting on the floor and escorted me through a closed customs and let me lie down and gave me a drink of water. - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Phnom Penh International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small and busy international airport with two separate terminals for domestic and international flights. A variety of overpriced shops and restaurants are available.
- Free WiFi is available. See Airport WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Uncomfortable, hard metal seating
- Power outlets are difficult to find, and do not accept standard US flat-prong plugs.
- Be prepared for the loud and aggressive taxi touts waiting outside of the airport for arriving passengers!
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted in this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Phnom Penh Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Plaza Premium Lounge - Location: International Departures, Airside, Mezzanine Level. Showers are available (US$ 15). Hours: 5:00AM - 1:00AM. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 39 for 2 hours or US$ 55 for 5 hours) • Book Online (£24.00 - up to 3 hours or £40 - up to 6 hours - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Le Salon Lounge - Location: International Departures Hall, Landside.
Free WiFi is available at Phnom Penh Airport.
If sleeping in Phnom Penh Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- CCC Hotel - (5 min from the airport) Also known as Cambodian Country Club & Hotel. Airport shuttle service is available upon request, $5.00 USD each way.
- 9 Dragon Hotel & Restaurant - (5 min from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request (+855) 23 993 777), $8.00 USD each way.
- Dara Airport Hotel - (5 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service is available upon request (+855 89 333 770), $8.00 USD each way for one or $12.00 USD each way for two.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Phnom Penh Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Available landside and airside.
- Currency Exchange - Location: International Arrivals Exit, Public Concourse, Check-in Area and Boarding Gate 5
- Food & Drinks - There are restaurants and coffee shops available both landside and airside however there no 24 hour options. Starbucks is open from 5:00AM - 1:00AM daily.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - According to a message we received in November 2016, the airport no longer offers luggage storage due to security concerns.
- Massage - Amata Massage offers massages and treatments. Location: Airside, Gate 5. Hours: 5:00AM - 12:00AM
- Prayer Rooms - Location: Landside, on the ground floor and International Departures Hall, airside, on the mezzanine level.
- Showers - Showers are available in the Plaza Premium lounge for US$15. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Smoking - There are smoking areas in the Internationals Departure Hall, next to Angkor Pub and the domestic boarding lounge.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
- Car Rentals - unknown
- Public Tranportation - unknown
- Taxis - Fares depend on the zone you are travelling to. Fares are US$ 9.00 - 15.00.
- Three Wheeled Vehicle - minimum charge US$ 7.00.
Last Updated: 21 January 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.