Sendai Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Sendai Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Sendai Airport.
What to Expect
- A single building divided into two parts: International Terminal and Domestic Terminal.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Sendai Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- Business Lounge (East Side) - Location: Airside, 3rd Floor. Hours: 8:30AM - 7:30PM. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (1,080 yen for 1 hour)
Free WiFi is available in a maximum of two 1-hour sessions per user. Connect to the “00-FREE_Wi-Fi_Sendai_Airport” network. WiFi is also accessible in the UCC Cafe Express Store (Softbank Free Wi-Fi) or from the Business Lounge (paid access).
If you do not have a mobile device, there are coin-operated Internet @ Stations located on the 2nd Floor Departures area. Fee: 10 minutes for ¥ 100.
If sleeping in Sendai Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Route Inn Natori - (15 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Hotel Route Inn Natori Iwanuma Inter - (15 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Value The Hotel Natori - (15 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Sendai Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are available in the Domestic and International Arrivals lobbies.
- Baby Care Facilities - Changing tables, sink, and privacy for feeding are available in the Nursing Rooms. Location: International Arrival Lobby, 1st Floor • Domestic Boarding Area, 2nd Floor.
- Changing Rooms - Locations: International Arrival Lobby, 2nd Floor (for women) • International Arrival Lobby, 1st Floor (for men).
- Currency Exchange - 77 Bank offers currency exchange service. Location: International Arrival Lobby, 1st Floor. Hours: 9:00AM - 3:00PM (teller window) or 9:00AM - 8:00PM (foreign currency ATM).
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available on the 2nd Floor, along with a variety of souvenir and retail stores. A convenience market is located on the 1st Floor.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Vending machines are available in the airport.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Coin-operated lockers are available at the following rates: ¥ 400 - ¥ 500 or a medium or large-sized locker for up to 12 hours, and ¥ 400 - ¥ 500 per 24 hours thereafter. Location: Both ends of the 1st and 2nd floors.
- Massage - Coin-operated massage chairs are available. Fee: ¥ 200 for 10 minutes. Location: International Plaza, 2nd Floor.
- Mobile Charging - Fee: 30 minutes for ¥ 200. Locations: Domestic Boarding area near the public phones, 2nd Floor. • Domestic Check-In counter (west side), 2nd Floor. • International Check-In counter (east side) near the public phones, 2nd Floor. • opposite the Royal Coffee Shop, 3rd Floor.
- Museum - Sendai Airport Museum is located on the 3rd Floor.
- Observation Deck - The “Smile Deck” is accessible by stairs or dedicated elevator.
- Showers - not available
- Smoking Areas - Locations: Domestic Boarding Area, 1st Floor • International Boarding Area, 2nd Floor.
The airport is open from 6:30AM - 9:30AM.
Last Updated: 07 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.