Belo Horizonte Tancredo Neves Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Belo Horizonte Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The best thing about it has to be the viewing area on the top floor which spans the length of the airport and is indoors. Unfortunately, there is nowhere to sit there. - Stephen P
photo credit: Andrevruas / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Belo Horizonte Tancredo Neves International Airport.
What to Expect
- A bright, colorful and modern international airport with a wide variety of shops and restaurants. Two terminals are currently in use (Terminals 1 and 3), with a third one (Terminal 2) currently under construction.
- Mobile charging and power outlets are all 220v and do not accommodate US plugs. If you need to charge something with a US plug, ask the Information Desk for assistance.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Recent reviews report a safe and pleasant overnight experience. Facilities are clean, and comfortable padded seating is available on the upper and lower levels of the airport. The only issue reported was noise. Lots of noise, mostly from the night cleaning crew. Have earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones handy to ensure a good night’s sleep!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Belo Horizonte Tancredo Neves Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Wi Fi is available at Tancredo Airport. Connect to the “INFRAERO wi-fi gratis” Network.
If sleeping in Belo Horizonte Tancredo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Comfort Hotel Confins - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available, no further information is available.
- Hotel Fazenda Confins Resort & Convention Center - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Tancredo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Art in the Airport - Art exhibitions are on display in galleries throughout the airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Bradesco • Itau • Santander/Real • HSBC - Location: Landside, Ground Floor.
- Baby Changing Rooms - Location: Landside, Ground Floor and Second Floor beside the Observation Deck.
- Car Rentals - Hertz • Localiza.
- Currency Exchange - Locations: Terminal 1 and 3. Hours are not known.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours: Bob’s • California Coffee • Casa do Pão de Queijo
- Information Desk - Yes, center of Ground Floor.
- Luggage Wrapping - Protec Bag luggage wrapping machine is available landside in the Check-In area.
- Massage Chairs - Location: First floor, domestic boarding, Terminal 1
- Medical Services - There is a First Aid station located on the Ground Floor. Hours are not known.
- Pharmacy - Yes, AirFarma is available on the Ground Floor of Terminal 1. Hours are not known.
- Shopping & Duty Free - Duty Free is available (Terminal 1 and 3), other than that there is a small variety of shops selling souvenir type items.
The airport is open 24 hours. Airside is open according to the flight schedule.
Conexão Aeroporto buses link the airport to Rodoviária, Pampulha Airport or Belo Horizonte bus terminal. Fares range from R$ 9,95 - R$ 44,65 per person, depending on route and level of service. Some buses have WiFi.
The following car rental agencies offer service onsite: Avis • Hertz • Localiza • Lokamig • Movida • Unidas.
Prepaid taxis are readily available in the ground transportation areas of Terminals 1 and 3. Stop at one of the prepaid taxi booths in the Arrivals Hall to hire a taxi.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.