Bocas del Toro Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bocas del Toro Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
There are a couple of hard plastic chairs to wait before security and your flights.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Bocas del Toro Isla Colón Airport.
What to Expect
- Basically a landing strip with a tiny building that serves as an airport terminal. Expect a barely-functioning bathroom and that’s about it.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Bocas del Toro Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
At the time of this update WiFi is not available at Bocas del Toro Airport.
If sleeping in Bocas del Toro Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Koko Resort - (3 min from the airport) Rustic, budget waterfront cabins and condo in a typical Panamanian village. Free airport transfers are provided (and encouraged) by the hotel. Call 507-66956286 to make arrangements.
- Bahia del Sol - (3 min from the airport) Sister property of Koko Resort, located next door. This guesthouse has 5 private rooms for rent. Located in typical Panamanian village. Free airport transfers are provided by the hotel, call 507-66956286 to make arrangements.
- Hotel Lula’s Bed & Breakfast - (3 min from the airport) Private double and triple rooms available, or you can rent a dorm bed in their adjacent overwater building, Hostal Lula’s, for $20 per night. No airport shuttle.
- Tropical Suites - (4 min from the airport) Located in Bocas Town. Airport transfers are not available. Hotel suggests taking a cab for approximately $4.00USD.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Bocas del Toro Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - At the time of this update, there are no ATMs available at the airport.
- Car Rentals - At the time of this update, there are not Car Rental Companies available at the airport.
- Currency Exchange - At the time of this update, there are no Currency Exchange Houses available at the airport.
The airport is open from 6:00 AM until the last flight. Sleeping in the airport overnight is not possible.
Metered taxis are readily available in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 27 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.