Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Bocas del Toro Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
There are a couple of hard plastic chairs to wait before security and your flights.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Bocas del Toro Isla Colón Airport.
What to Expect
- Basically a landing strip with a tiny building that serves as an airport terminal. Expect a barely-functioning bathroom and that’s about it.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
If sleeping in Bocas del Toro Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Koko Resort – (3 minutes from the airport) Rustic, budget waterfront cabins and condo in a typical Panamanian village. Free airport transfers are provided (and encouraged) by the hotel. » Check Rates
- Bahia del Sol – (3 minutes from the airport) Sister property of Koko Resort, located next door. This guesthouse has 5 private rooms for rent. Located in typical Panamanian village. Free airport transfers are provided by the hotel. » Check Rates
- Hotel Lula’s Bed & Breakfast – (3 minutes from the airport) Private double and triple rooms available, or you can rent a dorm bed in their adjacent overwater building, Hostal Lula’s, for $20 per night. No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Tropical Suites – (4 minutes from the airport) Located in Bocas Town. Airport transfers are not available. Hotel suggests taking a cab for approximately $4.00USD. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Bocas del Toro Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
At the time of this update WiFi is not available at Bocas del Toro Airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – At the time of this update, there are no ATMs available at the airport.
Currency Exchange – At the time of this update, there are no Currency Exchange Houses available at the airport.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open from 6:00 AM until the last flight. Sleeping in the airport overnight is not possible.
As of October 2018, Bocas del Toro airport is served by the following airlines: Air Panama.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
At the time of this update, there are no car rental mompanies available at the airport.
Metered taxis are readily available in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2018-10-26
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.