Holguin Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Holguin Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
As with all Cuban airports once you clear security they have no reason to care about you any more. You're leaving their country. They leave you alone." - zed
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Holguin Airport.
What to Expect
- A mid-sized single-terminal airport with clean facilities, several shops and a snack bar that stays open late.
- Inefficient communication and procedures when it comes to delayed / cancelled flights.
Where to Sleep
- A recent reviewer (May, 2016) describes the Domestic Terminal as being too small, crowded, and uncomfortable for sleeping in, and opted to spend the night at a hotel. If you have spent the night in Holguin Airport, Write a review to help future travelers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use a first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Holguin Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- VIP Lounge - Location: airside. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (33 CUC for Arrivals & 38 CUC for Departures).
At the time of this update WiFi is not available at Holguin Airport.
If sleeping in Holguin Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back to the city center, as there are no hotels in or next to the airport. Here are some suggestions based on Tripadvisor reviews:
- Hostal La Casona Holguin - (18 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
- Hostal El Balcon - (20 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Holguin Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price..
- Car Rentals - Yes
- Currency Exchange - Yes (landside and airside)
- Duty Free & Shopping - Airside you will find Duty Free as well as arum/cigar shop and a few souvenir kiosks.
- Food & Drinks - A small snack bar is available airside, landside you need to exit the airport where a small bar is located outside the terminal.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
- Smoking Lounge - Yes (airside)
The airport is open 24 hours. Airside is open according to the flight schedule.
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.