About This Airport:
- > Airport Guide
- > Airport Hotels
- > Airport Hours
- > Airport Lounges
- > Airport WiFi
- > Services, Facilities & Things to Do At The Airport
- > Read all Reviews
- > Vote in the 2014
Best & Worst Airports Survey
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Lima Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
We asked one of the workers about where "those crazy people that sleep in the food court" tend to congregate. They laughed and pointed straight across from them to the glass walls lining the largest section of the dining area of the food court. - unknown
Airside, International Departures. photo credit:SleepingInAirports.net. [ submit a photo ]
"I was excited to pass the night at an airport during a layover. We had to wait for a 5:30am flight, and we had to save money on hotels; so we decided to sleep at the airport. We could not rest anywhere on the airport until the crowds had subsided, around 10:30pm. We walked around for the best spot to take a nap. I found a perfect spot on the second floor, on a bridge-skywalk in the front of the airport. We were politely asked to leave, as it was a hazard. We asked for the best place to rest, and they told us in the second floor, left of the escalators, in a secluded area, in front of a phone store, and near a massage spa. We went there around 11:00pm, seeing other travelers sleeping in the same area. We slept on the floor (the music from the spa helped) until 1:30am, when they woke us up because the cleaning crew needed to wash the floors with a mini zamboni and mops. Tired and red-eyed, we move downstairs to the first floor. We find a small secluded area near the luggage lockers. We sleep the remaining two hours on the floor, and very lightly, as the cleaning crew was still moping the entire airport section by section. In short, invest in a hotel stay in Lima."
The last review for this airport was in 2012. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
- SUMAQ VIP Lounge - Location: International Concourse, Airside, past Gate 17. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours
- VIP Club Lounge & Business Center - International Concourse, Airside, past Gate 17. Hours: open 24 hours
- CARAL VIP Lounge - Location: Domestic Concourse, Airside, 2nd Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Free WiFi is available at Starbucks with purchase.
- WiFi is available at the Lima Airport. You can purchase WiFi cards at Peru Plaza, in the domestic and international terminals, and at Telefonica on the second level.
- Computer workstations with internet connections are available at Telefonica.
If sleeping in the Lima Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel at airport....
- Ramada Costa del Sol - located across from the airport terminal. They offer day rooms between the hours of 10am - 6pm. They also have Spa Day Pass packages for non-guests.
- Pay Purix Backpackers Hostel (1.4km) - Airport transfers are available on request ($)
- Hostal Las Fresas (2.8km) - Dorm and Private rooms. Airport transfers are available on request ($)
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Lima Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Locations: Peru Plaza, the Main Hall, Domestic Terminal and International Terminal
- Car Rentals - Not available
- Chapel - Location: 2nd level on ther International Arrivals side of the terminal.
- Currency Exchange - At the time of my stay (December 2011) there were 3 or 4 foreign exchange kiosks available: two near Domestic Arrivals and another 1 (possibly 2) kiosks located before the security entrance. If you haven't spent your remaining soles by the time you pass through security you will have to unload them in the duty free section or be stuck with them.
- Food / Dining -
The food court is located landside on the 2nd level.
They say that food is available 24 hours, but I don't which concession is open.
»Landside: Dunkin' Donuts • Manos Morenas • Mediterraneo Chicken • McDonalds • Papa Johns • Manacaru •
»Airside: Smoking Bar • to Go Smoking Bar • Starbucks
- Information Desk - There is an Information Deck on the main floor near the International Arrivals with English speaking agents. Go to them if you have any questions. Hours: unknown
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - Location: Domestic Arrivals Area. Hours: 24 hours
- Showers - Showers are available in the lounges and the Ramada Costa del Sol (see spa day pass above).
In December 2011, I was stuck in the Lima airport for 11 hours, check out my Lima Airport photo diary here.
Open 24 hours
- If you have questions about this airport that are not answered here or in the airport reviews, submit a question on our Facebook Page.
Lima Travel Resources
- Lima Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 07 October 2013
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.