Lima Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Lima Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
We asked one of the workers about where "those crazy people that sleep in the food court" tend to congregate. They laughed and pointed straight across from them to the glass walls lining the largest section of the dining area of the food court. - a traveller
Airside, International Departures. photo credit:SleepingInAirports.net.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Lima Airport.
What to Expect
- The airport comprises one main terminal that’s small and easy to navigate.
- The airport is on the older side, so the facilities are clean but not modern. If you can make it to Airside to sleep, your experience will probably be better.
Some travellers report that security won’t let them pass into the Airside area until their departure time is closer.
- Staff and security are tolerant of overnight airport sleepers, as it is common for passengers arriving on late international flights will wait at the airport to board early morning flights to Cusco.
- All eateries are open 24-hours.
- Free WiFi is available. Some travellers report poor connectivity. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- The Airside downstairs area has many rows of benches; bring earplugs and eye masks so you can get some rest - the lights and announcements go all night.
- Travellers sleeping in the public area sleep in the food court.
- Some travellers had success spending the night in Starbucks, and reported better WiFi there.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel connected to the terminal and several nearby hotels with airport shuttle service. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can buy entry to three airport lounges, all are equipped with shower facilities. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Lima Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Lima airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- SUMAQ VIP Lounge - Location: International Concourse, Airside, past Gate 17. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 68)
- SUMAQ VIP Club Lounge & Business Center - International Concourse, Airside, past Gate 17. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 58)
- Caral VIP Lounge - Location: Domestic Concourse, Airside, 2nd Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours (open to International passengers 10:30PM - 12:00AM). Lounge Access: Book Online (£18.00 - 3 hours or £23.00 - 6 hours - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required) • Pay at the Door
Free WiFi is available at Lima Airport for 15 minutes. Connect to the ”WIGO.AeropuertoLima” network. Price after the time limit: US$ 6 (Two Hours), US$ 10 (One Day), US$ 12 (One Month). Computer workstations with internet connections are available at Telefonica.
If sleeping in Lima Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel at airport....
- Costa del Sol Wyndham Lima Airport - Located across from the airport terminal. No airport shuttle is necessary. They offer day rooms between the hours of 10:00AM - 6:00PM. They also have Spa Day Pass packages for non-guests.
- Pay Purix Backpackers Hostel (1.4km) - (3 min from the airport) Airport pick-up available at 22 PEN per car (up to 4 people) from 7:00AM to 11:59PM or 25 PEN per car from 12:00AM to 6:59AM. Airport drop-off can be arranged through the hotel as well ($).
- Hostal Las Fresas - (5 min from the airport) Both dorm style and private rooms are available. No airport shuttle.
- Amara Hotel - (15 min from the airport) Free airport pick-up and free drop-off at the airport for stays of 3 nights or more.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Lima Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Locations: Peru Plaza, the Main Hall, Domestic Terminal and International Terminal.
- Banking - Interbank offers full-service banking in airside on the 1st floor, and landside on the 1st and 2nd floors. Hours: 9:00AM - 9:00PM.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Cell Phone Rentals - Rent or buy a mobile phone or portable modem at Claro. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Chapel - Location: 2nd level on ther International Arrivals side of the terminal.
- Currency Exchange - Interbank Money Exchange is available airside on the 1st floor, and landside on the 2nd floor. Hours: Open 24 hours. World Xchange is available landside on the 1st floor, in Arrivals. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Shop to your heart’s content around the clock. All of the airport’s shops are open 24 hours a day, including duty-free! Duty-free shopping is available airside in International Departures and Arrivals. In addition, a limited variety of gift shops are available throughout the airport.
- Food & Drinks - From coffee to deli sandwiches, donuts, Chinese, Peruvian cuisines and more, a wide variety of restaurants are available to appeal to many different tastes. Another bonus...all of the airport’s restaurants and bars are open 24 hours!
- Information Desk - There is an Information Deck on the main floor near the International Arrivals with English speaking agents. Go to them if you have any questions. Hours: unknown
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - Left luggage storage is available to all passengers. Rates unknown. Location: Domestic Arrivals Hall, landside. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Luggage Wrapping - SecureBag luggage wrapping is available landside in the Check-In area. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Massage - Feel your stress melt away with a professional chair massage at the Express Massage station. Location: 2nd Floor, landside.
- Post Office - Serpost is open 24 hours on the 2nd floor (landside).
- Shoe Shine - Lustra Calzado offers shoe shine service at two locations, landside on the 1st Floor.
- Showers - Showers are available in the lounges and the Ramada Costa del Sol (see spa day pass above). [ see Airport Lounges and Airport Hotels above ]
- Spa & Salon Services - Manicures, pedicures, facials, massages and other express services are available at Spa Express. Location: 1st Floor, landside.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Avis operates out of the International Arrivals area of the airport terminal. Budget and Hertz have rental desks in both International and Domestic Arrivals.
Three companies operate out of the airport, and their desks can be found by the exits in both International and Domestic Arrivals. Taxi Green provides general airport transportation service in modern, air-conditioned vehicles. CMV Taxi provides 24-hr executive and group transportation in luxury vehicles. Mitsu Taxi Remisse provides luxury transportation for executives and high-level officials.
Last Updated: 24 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.