Lima Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Lima Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
We asked one of the workers about where "those crazy people that sleep in the food court" tend to congregate. They laughed and pointed straight across from them to the glass walls lining the largest section of the dining area of the food court. - a traveller
"I was excited to pass the night at an airport during a layover. We had to wait for a 5:30am flight, and we had to save money on hotels; so we decided to sleep at the airport. We could not rest anywhere on the airport until the crowds had subsided, around 10:30pm. We walked around for the best spot to take a nap. I found a perfect spot on the second floor, on a bridge-skywalk in the front of the airport. We were politely asked to leave, as it was a hazard. We asked for the best place to rest, and they told us in the second floor, left of the escalators, in a secluded area, in front of a phone store, and near a massage spa. We went there around 11:00pm, seeing other travelers sleeping in the same area. We slept on the floor (the music from the spa helped) until 1:30am, when they woke us up because the cleaning crew needed to wash the floors with a mini zamboni and mops. Tired and red-eyed, we move downstairs to the first floor. We find a small secluded area near the luggage lockers. We sleep the remaining two hours on the floor, and very lightly, as the cleaning crew was still moping the entire airport section by section. In short, invest in a hotel stay in Lima."
Have you been to Lima Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Lima airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- SUMAQ VIP Lounge - Location: International Concourse, Airside, past Gate 17. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 68) • Priority Pass.
- VIP Club Lounge & Business Center - International Concourse, Airside, past Gate 17. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 58) • Priority Pass.
- Caral VIP Lounge - Location: Domestic Concourse, Airside, 2nd Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Priority Pass.
Free WiFi is available at Lima Airport for 15 minutes. Connect to the ”WIGO.AeropuertoLima” network. Price after the time limit: US$ 6 (Two Hours), US$ 10 (One Day), US$ 12 (One Month). Computer workstations with internet connections are available at Telefonica.
If sleeping in Lima Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel at airport....
- Costa del Sol Wyndham Lima Airport - Located across from the airport terminal. They offer day rooms between the hours of 10am - 6pm. They also have Spa Day Pass packages for non-guests.
- Pay Purix Backpackers Hostel (1.4km) - (3 min from the airport) Airport pick-up available at 22 PEN per car (up to 4 people) from 7am to 11:59pm or 25 PEN per car from 12am to 6:59am. Airport drop-off can be arranged through the hotel as well ($).
- Hostal Las Fresas - (5 min from the airport) Dorm and Private rooms. Airport transfers are available on request ($).
- Amara Hotel - (15 min from the airport) Free airport pick-up (reservation must be booked on hotel website) and free drop-off at the airport for stays of 3 nights or more.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Lima Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Locations: Peru Plaza, the Main Hall, Domestic Terminal and International Terminal
- Car Rentals - Avis • Budget • Dollar • Hertz.
- Chapel - Location: 2nd level on ther International Arrivals side of the terminal.
- Currency Exchange - At the time of my stay (December 2011) there were 3 or 4 foreign exchange kiosks available: two near Domestic Arrivals and another 1 (possibly 2) kiosks located before the security entrance. If you haven't spent your remaining soles by the time you pass through security you will have to unload them in the duty free section or be stuck with them.
- Food & Drinks -
The food court is located landside on the 2nd level.
They say that food is available 24 hours, but I don't which concessions are open.
»Landside: Dunkin' Donuts • Manos Morenas • Mediterraneo Chicken • McDonalds • Papa Johns • Manacaru •
»Airside: Smoking Bar • to Go Smoking Bar • Starbucks
- Information Desk - There is an Information Deck on the main floor near the International Arrivals with English speaking agents. Go to them if you have any questions. Hours: unknown
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - Location: Domestic Arrivals Area. Hours: 24 hours
- Showers - Showers are available in the lounges and the Ramada Costa del Sol (see spa day pass above).
The airport is open 24 hours.
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Lima Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Lima Travel Resources
- Lima Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 11 May 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.