Lima Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Lima Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
We asked one of the workers about where "those crazy people that sleep in the food court" tend to congregate. They laughed and pointed straight across from them to the glass walls lining the largest section of the dining area of the food court. - a traveller
Airside, International Departures. photo credit:SleepingInAirports.net.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Lima Airport.
What to Expect
- The airport comprises one main terminal that’s small and easy to navigate.
- The airport is on the older side, so the facilities are clean but not modern. If you can make it to Airside to sleep, your experience will probably be better.
Some travellers report that security won’t let them pass into the Airside area until their departure time is closer.
- Staff and security are tolerant of overnight airport sleepers, as it is common for passengers arriving on late international flights will wait at the airport to board early morning flights to Cusco.
- All eateries are open 24-hours.
- Free WiFi is available. Some travellers report poor connectivity. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- The Airside downstairs area has many rows of benches; bring earplugs and eye masks so you can get some rest - the lights and announcements go all night.
- Travellers sleeping in the public area sleep in the food court.
- Some travellers had success spending the night in Starbucks, and reported better WiFi there.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel connected to the terminal and several nearby hotels with airport shuttle service. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can buy entry to three airport lounges, all are equipped with shower facilities. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Lima Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Lima airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- SUMAQ VIP Lounge - Location: International Concourse, Airside, past Gate 17. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 68) • Priority Pass
- SUMAQ VIP Club Lounge & Business Center - International Concourse, Airside, past Gate 17. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 58) • Priority Pass
- Caral VIP Lounge - Location: Domestic Concourse, Airside, 2nd Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours (open to International passengers 10:30PM - 12:00AM). Lounge Access: Book Online (£18.00 - 3 hours or £23.00 - 6 hours) • Pay at the Door • Priority Pass
Free WiFi is available at Lima Airport for 15 minutes. Connect to the ”WIGO.AeropuertoLima” network. Price after the time limit: US$ 6 (Two Hours), US$ 10 (One Day), US$ 12 (One Month). Computer workstations with internet connections are available at Telefonica.
If sleeping in Lima Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel at airport....
- Costa del Sol Wyndham Lima Airport - Located across from the airport terminal. They offer day rooms between the hours of 10:00AM - 6:00PM. They also have Spa Day Pass packages for non-guests.
- Pay Purix Backpackers Hostel (1.4km) - (3 min from the airport) Airport pick-up available at 22 PEN per car (up to 4 people) from 7:00AM to 11:59PM or 25 PEN per car from 12:00AM to 6:59AM. Airport drop-off can be arranged through the hotel as well ($).
- Hostal Las Fresas - (5 min from the airport) Dorm and Private rooms. Airport transfers are available on request ($).
- Amara Hotel - (15 min from the airport) Free airport pick-up (reservation must be booked on hotel website) and free drop-off at the airport for stays of 3 nights or more.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Lima Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Locations: Peru Plaza, the Main Hall, Domestic Terminal and International Terminal.
- Banking - Agencia Interbank offers full-service banking. Hours: 9:00AM - 9:00PM.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Cell Phone Rentals - Rent or buy a mobile phone or portable modem at Claro. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Chapel - Location: 2nd level on ther International Arrivals side of the terminal.
- Currency Exchange - There is World Exchange available. Location: First Level, Landside. Hours: 24 hours. There may be currency withdrawals available at some of the many ATM’s located at the airport. If you haven't spent your remaining soles by the time you pass through security you will have to unload them in the duty free section or be stuck with them.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Shop to your heart’s content around the clock! All of the airport’s shops are open 24 hours a day, including duty-free!
- Food & Drinks - The airport has a good selection of food options whether you are looking for coffee, an ice cream or a full menu restaurant. Location: Landside and Airside. Hours: all restaurants are open 24 hours a day.
- Information Desk - There is an Information Deck on the main floor near the International Arrivals with English speaking agents. Go to them if you have any questions. Hours: unknown
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - Location: Domestic Arrivals Area. Hours: 24 hours
- Massage - There are 2 massage/spa locations throughout the airport (before and after security). Hours: 24 hours a day.
- Post Office - Serpost is open 24 hours.
- Shoe Shine - Available 24 hours.
- Showers - Showers are available in the lounges and the Ramada Costa del Sol (see spa day pass above). [ see Airport Lounges and Airport Hotels above ]
The airport is open 24 hours.
Avis operates out of the International Arrivals area of the airport terminal. Budget and Hertz have rental desks in both International and Domestic Arrivals.
Three companies operate out of the airport, and their desks can be found by the exits in both International and Domestic Arrivals. Taxi Green provides general airport transportation service in modern, air-conditioned vehicles. CMV Taxi provides 24-hr executive and group transportation in luxury vehicles. Mitsu Taxi Remisse provides luxury transportation for executives and high-level officials.
Last Updated: 11 September 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.