Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Lima Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
We asked one of the workers about where “those crazy people that sleep in the food court” tend to congregate. They laughed and pointed straight across from them to the glass walls lining the largest section of the dining area of the food court. – a traveller
LIM Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Lima Jorge Chavez International Airport (Code: LIM).
What to Expect
- Lima airport comprises one main terminal that’s small and easy to navigate.
- The airport is on the older side, so the facilities are clean but not modern. If you can make it to Airside to sleep, your experience will probably be better.
Some travellers report that security won’t let them pass into the Airside area until their departure time is closer.
- All eateries are open 24-hours.
- While free WiFi is available, some travellers report poor connectivity.
- Economy class travellers can buy entry to three airport lounges, all are equipped with shower facilities. See Airport Lounges in the guide below for locations and rates.
Sleeping in Lima Airport
- Staff and security are tolerant of overnight airport sleepers, as it is common for passengers arriving on late international flights to wait at the airport to board early morning flights to Cusco.
- The Airside downstairs area has many rows of benches; bring earplugs and a sleep mask/eyeshades so you can get some rest – the lights and announcements go all night.
- Travellers sleeping in the public area sleep in the food court or the floor. There are no seats to lie down on. Some travellers had success spending the night in Starbucks.
- Explore our guide to sleeping in Lima Airport or read some traveller airport reviews for more tips.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel connected to the terminal and several nearby hotels with airport shuttle service. See the Airport Hotels section below for locations.
To help us keep this guide up-to-date, you can add or update information or write a review to submit airport tips and photos. You can also visit the airport’s web site for current information. For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Lima Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. For more information on Europe’s Schengen Area, click here.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Caral VIP Lounge – Location: Domestic Concourse, Airside, 2nd Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door.
- Hanaq VIP Lounge – Location: International Concourse, Airside, past Gate 17. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs.
- El Salon by Newrest – Location: Airside, turn right towards the Boarding Gates, opposite Gate 13. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs.
Related Pages: Lima Airport Lounges
If sleeping in the airport sounds like a nightmare, there are several hotels near Lima Airport including one across from the terminal:
- Costa del Sol Wyndham Lima Airport – Located across from the airport terminal. No airport shuttle is necessary. They offer day rooms between the hours of 10:00AM – 6:00PM. They also have Spa Day Pass packages for non-guests. » Check Rates
- Holiday Inn Lima Airport – Free airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
For more options, visit Tripadvisor to see a list of hotels near Lima Airport that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Lima Airport for 1 hour from the first time you login. You cannot stretch your time limit over a 24 hour period. Connect to the ”.FreeAeropuertoLima”. A premium service is also available. Connect to the “.PremiumAeropuertoLima” network. The rates are 5 USD (2 hours) • 10 USD (24 hours) • 12 USD (30 days).
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Peru Plaza, the Main Hall, Domestic Terminal and International Terminal.
Banking Services – Interbank offers full-service banking in airside on the 1st floor, and landside on the 1st and 2nd floors. Hours: 9:00AM – 9:00PM.
Cell Phone Rentals – Rent or buy a mobile phone or portable modem at Claro. Hours: Open 24 hours.
Chapel – Location: 2nd level on ther International Arrivals side of the terminal.
Currency Exchange – Interbank Money Exchange is available airside on the 1st floor, and landside on the 2nd floor. Hours: Open 24 hours. World Xchange is available landside on the 1st floor, in Arrivals. Hours: Open 24 hours.
Duty Free & Shopping – Shop to your heart’s content around the clock. All of the airport’s shops are open 24 hours a day, including duty-free! Duty-free shopping is available airside in International Departures and Arrivals. In addition, a limited variety of gift shops are available throughout the airport.
Food & Drinks – From coffee to deli sandwiches, donuts, Chinese, Peruvian cuisines and more, a wide variety of restaurants are available to appeal to many different tastes. Another bonus…all of the airport’s restaurants and bars are open 24 hours!
Information Desk – There is an Information Deck on the main floor near the International Arrivals with English speaking agents. Go to them if you have any questions. Hours: unknown
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Luggage storage can be found outside the International Arrivals. Hours: open 24 hours. Rates: S/.6.50 (Peruvian Soles) per hour per piece. You can leave your luggage for longer periods at a cost of S/.39 per day per piece of luggage. Rates for over-sized bags are “in accordance with size and weight.” You can also store smaller items in lockers. A locker costs S/.12 per hour or S/.56 per day. You’ll need to show official ID to leave your belongings. Baggage must be claimed within a maximum period of one month. They only accept cash (dollars or soles), no credit cards.
Luggage Wrapping – SecureBag luggage wrapping is available landside in the Check-In area. Hours: Open 24 hours.
Massage – Feel your stress melt away with a professional chair massage at the Express Massage station. Location: 2nd Floor, landside.
Mobile Charging – Free mobile charging can be found at the Delicass restaurant on the first floor.
Pharmacy – The Travel Market is a mini market and drug store. Location: Landside, 2nd Floor. Hours: 24 hours.
Post Office – Serpost is open 24 hours on the 2nd floor (landside).
Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
Shoe Shine – Lustra Calzado offers shoe shine service at two locations, landside on the 1st Floor.
Showers – Showers are available in the lounges and the Costa del Sol Wyndham Lima Airport Hotel. [ see Airport Lounges and Airport Hotels above ]
SIM Cards – A reader has asked us to include where to buy SIM Cards. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Spa & Salon Services – Manicures, pedicures, facials, massages and other express services are available at Spa Express. Location: 1st Floor, landside.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Lima airport is served by the following airlines: Aerolíneas Argentinas • Aeroméxico • Air Canada • Air Europa • Air France • American Airlines • ATSA • Copa Airlines • Delta Air Lines • Iberia • JetBlue • KLM • Korean Air • LAN • Sky Airline • Spirit Airlines • Star Peru • TAME • United • VivaColombia.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Avis operates out of the International Arrivals area of the airport terminal. Budget and Hertz have rental desks in both International and Domestic Arrivals.
At the time of this update we were able to find only one area hotel that provides an airport shuttle: Holiday Inn Lima Airport.
See also Airport Hotels above.
Airport Express Lima provides safe and affordable way to arrive at LIM airport. There are 29 departures per day between Miraflores. At the time of this update, the one-way fare is $8 USD or return for $15 USD. For more information, visit the Airport Express Lima website.
Three companies operate out of the airport, and their desks can be found by the exits in both International and Domestic Arrivals. Taxi Green provides general airport transportation service in modern, air-conditioned vehicles. CMV Taxi provides 24-hour executive and group transportation in luxury vehicles. Mitsu Taxi Remisse provides luxury transportation for executives and high-level officials.
Last updated: 2022-10-28
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.