Medellin Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Medellin Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
If you head upstairs in the center of the terminal, there's a couple tables with chairs you can sit at. - drvannostren
photo credit: Kamilokardona / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Medellin Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but modern international airport with clean facilities and a good variety of shopping and dining options, including a 24-hour cafe!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the Airport Guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. A recent review indicates that comfortable seating is available in the airport, if you want to give it a shot. Write a review to help future travelers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Medellin Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Copa Club - Location: International Terminal, Airside. Hours: 4:00AM - 6:15PM (Daily).
- Avianca Sala VIP - Location: National Terminal, Airside. Hours: 4:30AM - 11:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 25)
Free WiFi is available at Medellin Airport. Connect to the “Airplan” network.
If sleeping in Medellin Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Movich Hotel Las Lomas - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Santiago de Arma - (5 min from the airport) Airport transfers available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Medellin Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Bancolombia and Davivienda - Location: Airside, Second Floor.
- Baggage Trolleys - Yes, available. Rates are not known.
- Car Rentals - Yes.
- Currency Exchange - Yes, on the main floor.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a variety of shops selling everything from clothes, to liquor to magazines.
- Food & Drinks - There is a 24-hour deli as well other food concessions that operate with short hours.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Not available.
- Medical Services - Yes, there is a First Aid station available.
- Pharmacy - Droguería La Chick - Location: Landside, Second Floor
- Showers - Not available
The airport is open from 4:30AM - 6:00PM. Airport shops and restaurants open at 6:00AM.
Buses arrive/depart at the South Transport Terminal, one block from the airport.
Taxis are available onsite.
Last Updated: 27 November 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.