Port of Spain Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Port of Spain Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Coldest airport in the world I have ever been to. Other than that, not a bad experience.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Piarco Airport.
What to Expect
- A small international airport with three concourses and a decent variety of shops and restaurants. 24-hour dining is available!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the Airport Guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Try the 24-hour restaurant upstairs. There’s a secluded area in the back, with hard wooden benches, big windows with views of the airfield, and bathrooms nearby.
- Thanks to the powerful air-conditioning, the airport can get downright freezing! Have a travel blanket, sleeping bag or warm sweater handy to stay toasty warm while sleeping.
- A sleeping bag or travel mat is also useful for added comfort against the hard floors and wooden benches!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Piarco Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- VIP Flyers Club - Location: Airside, Ground Level. Hours: 5:00AM - last scheduled flight departure. Lounge Access: Priority Pass
Free WiFi is available at Port of Spain Airport.
If sleeping in Piarco Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Airport Inn - (3 min from the airport) Airport shuttle available
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Trincity Trinidad Airport - (4 min from the airport) Free hourly airport transportation from 4:00AM - midnight.
- Piarco Village Suites - (4 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle available
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Port of Spain Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Arcade - There are games available at Amusement Games Plus, Ground Floor.
- Art Exhibits – The walls of the arrival corridor features local art, history and culture.
- ATM’s / Cash Machines - See Banking
- Banking Services - First Citizen Bank provides banking services which may include an ATM.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange – There is one exchange office located at the south end of the landside area of the terminal, not far from the customs officers. A second is located in the duty free shopping area.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a small selection of shops selling souvenir type items.
- Food & Drink - Church’s Chicken is open 24 hours. Location: Landside, Ground Floor near Baggage Claim area. Other than that the airport offers a few other options, also on the Ground Floor. On the first level you will find Pizza Boys.
- Family Services – There is a kid’s zone in the airport.
- Information desk – Located in the main atrium and open 24 hours a day.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Car rentals are available at the airport. All car rental counters are located to the west of the custom’s exit in the north terminal. The following companies are available: Alamo • Avis • Budget • Econo Car Rentals • Exclusive Car Rentals • Kaloo’s Auto Rentals • Presto Car Rentals • Save-A-Lot Car Rentals • Singh’s Auto Rentals • Thriftys.
Bus: A bus stop is located in the arrivals area, and connects with the South Quay (City Gate) in Port of Spain. It runs Monday – Friday from 6:30AM to 8:15PM, every 15 minutes. Tickets can be purchased from a ticket machine located across from Ali’s Candy and Picaro Airport Florists.
Taxis are available outside the arrivals area 24 hours a day.
Last Updated: 07 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.