Bratislava Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bratislava Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
it seems the heater of the airport is switched off after midnight, so bring blanket or wear more layers.-apocru
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Bratislava Airport.
What to Expect
- A clean and modern newly-built airport terminal, easily accessible by public transit, with a small variety of reasonably-priced shops and restaurants. 24-hour dining is available!
- Fast and efficient check-in and security checkpoints
- Free WiFi is available and reportedly fast enough to watch movies. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Although no specific spot was mentioned, all reviewers who spent the night at this airport found it safe, quiet and comfortable. Armrest-free three-seater benches are available landside, providing an uncomfortable, but off-the-ground spot to sleep on. Have a travel mat or sleeping bag handy for added comfort, whether you sleep on a bench or on the floor.
- Have a travel blanket handy to keep warm during the winter months, when the terminal gets cold inside.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s comfortable VIP lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Bratislava Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Caproni Lounge - Location: Terminal A1, Airside, 2nd Floor. Hours: 4:40AM - 9:40PM (Mon, Wed - Sun) • 4:40AM - 9:30PM (Tues). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€25.00)
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Bratislava Airport. Connect to the "FreeInternet" network.
If sleeping in Bratislava Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Aviator Garni Bratislava - (5 min from the Airport) 500m from the terminal. The walk is 10-15 mins or you can take a taxi for approximately 5,00€ - 7,00€.
- Vienna House Easy Chopin Bratislava - (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request. Approx. cost of a car is 7,00€ each way.
- Hotel NH Bratislava Gate One - (5 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle available
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Bratislava Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located under the escalators, near the Information Desk on the left side of the Departures terminal (landside).
- Baby Care Facilities - Need a place to change or feed your baby in comfort? Mother and Child rooms offer changing tables, shower, wash basins, toilet, and bottle/food warmers in a comfortable and private setting, away from the crowds. You can find these rooms landside and airside in the Departures and Arrivals terminals.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children’s Play Area - There’s one play area each in Schengen and Non-Schengen Departures terminals.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Heinemann Duty Free offers duty-free shopping 2 hours before first flight, until last flight of the day, in the Departures Terminal. A few newsstands and a gift shop are also available in the airport terminal.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. Eat&fly is open 24 hours a day landside on the ground floor, and airside on the upper floor.
- Information Desk - Yes, in the Departures terminal, near the escalators on the left side of the terminal building.
- Luggage Trolleys - available free of charge. Location: Departures Terminal entrance • Parking Lot • Arrivals Area.
- Massage Chairs - Available in the departures terminal (airside).
- Mobile Charging - Free mobile charging is available near the boarding gates in the Departures Terminal.
- Showers - Available for use to women and children in the Mother and Child rooms.
The airport is open 24 hours
Bratislava Airport is served by public buses 61, N61 and 96. Bus 61 and its nighttime counterpart N61, travel between the airport and Bratislava city center, via Hlavná Železničná Stanica (main railway station). Bus 96 travels to and from Bratislava city center via Petržalka, Prokofievova. Tickets are sold at newsstands in the Departures terminal, the City Tourist information desks in the Arrivals terminal, at automated ticket machines located in the Arrivals Terminal and at the public bus stop and onboard the bus. The bus stop is located outside in front of the Arrivals Terminal. For route maps, schedules and fares, visit the MHD Bratislava website.
For international bus service to/from Vienna, contact Slovak Lines or Blaguss Slovakia.
Car rental desks are located in the public area of the Arrivals Hall. Onsite car rental agencies include A. Klees, Alwe, Avis, Budget, Eurocar, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt.
Taxis are available, on a 24-hours basis, at taxi stands located in front of the Arrivals terminal. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. Cash and credit cards are accepted.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.