Exeter Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Exeter Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Exeter Airport.
What to Expect
- The airport is open 24-hours, though no food options are open overnight.
- This small terminal offers flights within the region, with many seasonal destinations.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel adjacent to the airport and other hotels nearby. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Exeter Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Exeter airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Executive Lounge - Location: Airside, near the departures gates. Hours: 5:00AM - 7:00PM (Mon - Fri) • 5:00AM - 9:00PM (Sat - Sun). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (17.50 BSP) • Book Online (£17.50 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Exeter Airport in the Departures lounge and Executive lounge. Connect to the “Free Arqiva WiFi system” network.
If sleeping in Exeter Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hampton by Hilton Exeter - This hotel is adjacent to the airport. A free courtesy airport bus is available for flight arrivals (no reservations). The return to the airport can be booked at the hotel and costs £2.00 per adult.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Exeter Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs - ATMs are available in the Check-In hall and Departures lounge. A Travelex ATM in the Departures lounge dispenses Euros.
- Baby Care Facilities - Baby-changing facilities are available in rooms located next to landside and airside restrooms. Baby food and bottle warming are available on request at airport restaurants.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Conference Facilities – Conference room for up to 12 people with catering options available.
- Currency Exchange – Travelex offers currency exchange in the airport. EUR, USD, and EGP are readily exchangeable, but any other currency can be available by placing an order online with Travelex at least 2 days in advance. Location: Check-In Hall, landside, to the left near the Information Desk.
- Disabled Services – The airport operates in full accordance with EU Regulation no 1107/2006, and special travel assistance is available with advance booking. Disability car parking (long and short term) is available, as are a variety of reduced mobility facilities (wheel chairs, drop off points, ramps, lifts, bathrooms etc.).
- Duty Free & Shopping - Exeter’s World Duty Free offers spirits, cigarettes, perfume, cosmetics, sunglasses, handbags, jewelry and watches. There is also a WHSmith located landside and airside.
- Fast Track Service - As a premium service, customers with Fast Track security passes will be given priority service to ensure that waiting is kept to a minimum. Cost: £3.50. Book on-line or purchase tickets at FastTrack Machines located throughout Landside.
- Food & Drink - All food concessions in the airport open at the same time as Check-In. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: café, We Make (landside) • Fed & Watered Cafe Bar (airside) • Fed & Watered Wine & Dine (airside).
- Information Desk – Located in the departures hall.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available
- Mobile Charging – Not available
- Observation Deck - Location: Near the Executive Lounge.
- Showers – Not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Stagecoach Bus 56/56A/56B offers hourly service between the airport and Exeter St. David’s railway station, Exeter Bus Station and Exmouth. Exeter Central Station is about 10 minutes walking distance from Exeter Bus Station. For route map, timetables and fare information, visit the Stagecoach website.
Avis, Budget, Europcar and Hertz offer car rental services onsite in the passenger terminal.
Apple Central Taxis are available at the airport taxi stand, located outside of the Arrivals terminal. Other taxi companies are allowed to drop off or pick up pre-booked passengers at Car Park 1. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required if hiring Apple Central Taxis directly from the taxi stand.
The nearest train stations to the airport are Digby & Sowton (connections to Exeter St. David's, North & South Devon and Exmouth); Exeter Central (connections to London Waterloo, North & South Devon and Exmouth) and Exeter St. David’s (connections to London Paddington, Plymouth & Cornwall, North & South Devon and Exmouth). Digby & Sowton is accessible from the airport by car or taxi. Exeter Central and Exeter St. David’s are both accessible from the airport by bus, car or taxi.
Last Updated: 09 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.