Kazan Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Kazan Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Kazan Airport.
What to Expect
- Several restaurants both landside and airside are open 24-hours.
- There are three terminals: T1, T1A, and T2. Terminals 1 and 1A are connected on Landside; T2 is within walking distance of T1. It seems T1 and T1A have recently been re-built and remodeled to better handle international traffic. T2 is likely for regional domestic flights.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Kazan Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- VIP Lounge - Location: Terminal A, Airside, Ground Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Priority Pass
Free WiFi is available throughout the airport, connect to the “AirportKznForFree” network.
If sleeping in Kazan Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Ramada Kazan City Center - (24 min from the airport) 24-Hour airport shuttle service available ($).
- Ibis Kazan Centre - (24 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service available ($).
- Hotel Bon Ami - (22 min from the airport) Airport transfers available.
- Riviera - (23 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Kazan Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Need cash? A cluster of ATMs from five different banks is available in Terminal 1A, accessible 24 hours a day.
- Baby Care Facilities - A kitchen, TV lounge, nursing room, changing tables, and more are available in the Mother and Child Room. This room is accessible to female travelers with preschool-aged children, pregnant women (2nd trimester and beyond), and mobility-impaired children who are aged 14 and under. Entry is free, but a passport, flight ticket, and medical clearance by airport medical staff is required for access to the facility. Two locations: T1A (2nd floor) • T2 (2nd floor). Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children’s Area - See Nursing Room below.
- Currency Exchange - Tata Investbank and AK BARS Bank offer full-service banking and currency exchange, 24 hours a day.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available, along with a newstand, minimarket, and a limited variety of retail shops.
- Food & Drinks - Most food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours:
- T1, ground floor: Coffee Cava
- T1A, ground floor: Costa Coffee.
- T1A, left wing, 1st floor: Il Patio
- T1A, International flights, Departures: American Bar & Grill • Costa Coffee • Mama Russia (1st floor)
- T1A, Domestic flights, Departures: American Bar & Grill • Costa Coffee
- Information Desk - Terminal 1A in front of domestic arrival area. Hours: 6:00AM - 12:00AM.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Luggage storage is available at a rate of 200 RUB per bag for the 1st 24 hours, then 50 RUB per bag each additional 24-hour period. Outer clothing (coats, jackets) can also be stored at a rate of 150 RUB per item for the 1st 24 hours, then 50 RUB per item each additional 24-hour period. Location: Baggage Room in Terminal 1A, landside, Arrivals. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Luggage Wrapping - Pack & Fly luggage wrapping service is available for 250 RUB per bag. Location: Terminal 1A, landside, Domestic flights check-in area.
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care is available 24 hours a day in the airport Emergency Room. Location: T2, ground floor.
- Nursing Room - 2 locations (Terminal 1A, 2nd Floor and Terminal 2, 2nd Floor) are equipped with rooms for nursing, including; fridge, stove, sinks, children’s bed, washer and dryer and a play area.
- Post Office - Location: Terminal 1A, ground floor. Hours: 8:00AM - 7:00PM (Mon-Fri) with lunch break from 1:00PM - 2:00PM • 9:00AM - 6:00PM (Sat) with lunch break. Closed on Sunday.
- Showers - Showers are available inside the VIP Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
The airport is open 24 hours.
A public bus route runs approximately every 20 minutes from the airport to downtown Kazan, with many stops along the way. The fare is 20-40 rubles. Buses run from 6am to 11pm. Check the airport website for specific stops.
Avis and Hertz have counters in Terminal 1A.
Taxis are available, but should be ordered at the desk in the arrivals area in Terminal 1A. Most destinations have set fees. The airport warns against using private taxi drivers due to potential danger.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.