Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Kazan Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Kazan Airport.
What to Expect
- Several restaurants both landside and airside are open 24-hours.
- There are three terminals: T1, T1A, and T2. Terminals 1 and 1A are connected on Landside; T2 is within walking distance of T1. It seems T1 and T1A have recently been re-built and remodeled to better handle international traffic. T2 is likely for regional domestic flights.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of December 2018, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Air Lounge – Location: Terminal 1A, Landside. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
- VIP Lounge – Location: Terminal 1A, Airside, Ground Floor (International flights). Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
- Business Lounge – Location: Terminal 2, Airside, 1st Floor (Domestic flights). Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
If sleeping in Kazan Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Ramada Kazan City Center – (24 minutes from the airport) 24-Hour airport shuttle is available ($). » Check Rates
- Ibis Kazan Centre – (24 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available ($). » Check Rates
- Hotel Bon Ami – (22 minutes from the airport) No airport transfers. A taxi is approx. 500RUB. » Check Rates
- Riviera – (23 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available ($). » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Kazan Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available throughout the airport, connect to the “AirportKznForFree” network.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available 24 hours a day. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Terminal 1A.
Baby Care Facilities – A kitchen, TV lounge, nursing room, changing tables, and more are available in the Mother and Child Room. This room is accessible to female travelers with preschool-aged children, pregnant women (2nd trimester and beyond), and mobility-impaired children who are aged 14 and under. Entry is free, but a passport, flight ticket, and medical clearance by airport medical staff is required for access to the facility. Two locations: T1A (2nd floor) • T2 (2nd floor). Hours: Open 24 hours.
Children’s Area – See Nursing Room below.
Currency Exchange – Tata Investbank and AK BARS Bank offer full-service banking and currency exchange, 24 hours a day.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available, along with a newstand, minimarket, and a small variety of retail shops.
Food & Drinks – All food concessions throughout the airport are open 24 hours:
» Terminal 1, ground floor: Coffee Cava
» Terminal 1A, ground floor: Costa Coffee.
» Terminal 1A, left wing, 1st floor: Il Patio
» Terminal 1A, International flights, Departures: American Bar & Grill • Costa Coffee • Mama Russia (1st floor)
» Terminal 1A, Domestic flights, Departures: American Bar & Grill • Costa Coffee
Information Desk – Terminal 1A in front of domestic arrival area. Hours: 8:00AM – 12:00AM.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Luggage storage is available at a rate of 400 RUB/bag for the first 24 hours, then 200 RUB/bag for each additional 24-hour period. Location: Baggage Room in Terminal 1, Ground Floor. Hours: Open 24 hours.
Luggage Wrapping – Pack & Fly luggage wrapping service is available for 450 RUB per bag. Location: Terminal 1A, landside, Domestic flights check-in area.
Medical Services – Urgent and emergency medical care is available 24 hours a day in the airport Emergency Room. Location: T2, ground floor.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Post Office – Location: Terminal 1A, ground floor. Hours: 8:00AM – 7:00PM (Mon-Fri) with lunch break from 1:00PM – 2:00PM • 9:00AM – 6:00PM (Sat) with lunch break. Closed on Sunday.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Showers are available inside the VIP Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of December 2018, Kazan airport is served by the following airlines: Aeroflot • Air Astana • Avia • Azimuth • Belavia • Buta Airways • Czech Airlines • Fly Dubai • Georgian Airways • Nordavia • Nordwind • Orenburzhye • Pobeda • RusLine • S7 Airlines • Somon Airways • Turkish Airlines • Turkmenistan Airlines • Ural Airlines • Utair • UVT Aero • Uzbekistan Airways.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
A public bus route runs approximately every 20 minutes from the airport to downtown Kazan, with many stops along the way. At the time of this December 2018 update, the fare is 20-40 rubles. Buses run from 6:00AM to 10:00PM.
Avis/Budget and Hertz have counters in Terminal 1A.
The airport is connected by E-Train to the Kazan Central Railway Station. At the time of this December 2018 update, no further information was available.
Taxis are available, but should be ordered at the desk in the arrivals area in Terminal 1A. Most destinations have set fees. The airport warns against using private taxi drivers due to potential danger.
Last updated: 2018-12-12
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.