Kharkiv Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Kharkiv Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
there are bucket seats available in air-conditioned "waiting room" and I would think that you could snooze there if you felt the need, but be careful, or you could easily miss your bus!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Kharkiv International Airport.
What to Expect
- An international airport with a modern main passenger terminal and an older VIP terminal. There’s a small selection of shopping and dining options available.
- Possible language barrier
- Transportation between terminal and airplane via modern shuttle bus
- Free WiFi is is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Kharkiv Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Business Lounge - Location: International Departures Hall, Airside. Hours: Open 24 Hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (180 UAH)
Free WiFi is available at Kharkiv Airport.
If sleeping in Kharkiv Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Kalyna - (5 minute walk from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available. Call the hotel at 38 (057) 716 40 60 once you have collected your bags and they will meet you at the entrance.
- Hotel Ovis - (10 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available upon request. Cost is 75 UAH each way.
- Druzhba Hotel - (10 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers available. Service must be booked at least 3 hours in advance. Prices vary by time of day and number of passengers.
- Mercury Hotel - (10 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers available for a fee.
- City Club Hotel - (10 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available upon request. Cost is approx. 200 UAH each way.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Kharkiv Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Airport Services Office - Located in Terminal A, Office #10, they provide all services related to passengers needs including Business Lounge access passes, interpreter services, etc. Hours: 8:00AM - 7:00PM.
- Airport Tours - A 2-hour tour provides a glimpse of the old and new terminals, an apron, and a hangar where you will see the aircraft up close. Tours are offered to groups of 10-30 people. Rate: 50 UAH per person.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Locations: Terminal A and VIP Terminal
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Locations: Terminal A and VIP Terminal.
- Duty Free & Shopping - PAVO Duty Free is the only shop available at the airport.
- Food & Drinks - Two dining options are available: Pilgrim is located in Terminal A, and Polet is located in Terminal B. At the time of this update, 24-hour dining is not available.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Available for an unknown fee. Location: Terminal A (left wing). Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Luggage Wrapping - Available for an unknown fee. Location: Terminal A, landside, opposite the check-in counters.
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care is available at the First Aid station. Ask an airport staff member for assistance.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
At the time of this update, Sixt is the only car rental agency available onsite.
Bus 115: Prospect Gagarina metro station
Bus 119: Geroev Truda, Studencheskaya, Akademika Pavlova and Akademika Barabashova metro stations
Minibus 152: Geroev Truda, Studencheskaya, Akademika Pavlova and Akademika Barabashova metro stations
Minibus 255: Akademika Barabashova metro station
Trolleybus 5: Prospect Gagarina metro station
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.