Derry Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Derry Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I was late getting to the airport but the cooked breakfast of scambled egg and sauage near to the boarding gate smelt delicious. - Harpo
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at City of Derry Airport.
What to Expect
- A small aerodrome used exclusively by Ryanair for a limited number of regional destinations. A shop and cafe are available in the terminal, but not much else.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Derry Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Amelia Earhart Lounge - Location: Airside. Hours: 6:30AM - 8:00PM (Mon - Wed & Fri) • 6:30AM - 1:00AM (Thurs) • 6:30AM - 5:00PM (Sat) • 10:30AM - 9:30PM (Sun).
Free WiFi is available at Derry Airport.
If sleeping in Derry Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Best Western Plus White Horse Hotel - (7 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. A taxi costs approx. £6.
- Banks of the Faughan Motel - (7 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Derry Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Baby Care - Baby change facilities are available.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - North West Money Exchange is located in the Customer Service Area (landside).
- Food & Drinks - Fed & Watered offers full-service dining featuring local ingredients. Location: Departures lounge, airside. Hours: unknown. A small cafe is available landside.
- Information Desk - For answers to general questions about the airport or to purchase a pass to the Amelia Earhart lounge, visit the Customer Service Desk in the main lobby, opposite the Car Hire area.
- Shopping - Newspapers, magazines, snacks, and last minute gifts are sold airside at WHSmith.
- Showers - Not available
- Smoking - The building is entirely non-smoking, you may smoke in designated areas outside the terminal only (pre-check in).
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Ulsterbus links the airport to the Bus Depot on Foyle Street in the city center, with connections available to buses serving northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
Avis, Europcar and Hertz offer car rental services onsite. Location: Outside the Terminal.
City Cabs operate 24-hours a day from a dedicated taxi rank located in front of the airport. Average one-way trip between the airport and city center costs £11.00, and takes about 20 minutes.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.